Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Buying help re L322 Overfinch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
ButchersBoy

United Kingdom 
Buying help re L322 Overfinch

Ive have owned a few sports and own a Defender 90 so I know a bit about the brand

I’ve always fancied a L322 Westminster 4.4 V8 but never seemed to get round to finding one I wanted until now. I’ve just spotted a lovely black L322 2013 (62) Westminster genuine Overfinch with 46,245 miles on the clock. FSH although I’m not sure at this point if that’s main dealer of if the dates and miles when serviced is correct with LR’s recommendations? It’s in a dealers although not a main dealers with a screen price 30K I’m Hoping to call the dealer make an appointment to view later today.

Service History
13-06-14 13,212 miles
15-09-15 25,462 miles
04-11-16 36,978 miles
31-10-17 38,220 miles
20-11-18 44,022 miles

So can anybody tell me if the service dates have been carried out correctly? When the next one would be due? Is it a big one with belts etc to be changed? I’m assuming that Overfinch did a genuine conversion on a Westminster? How can I check it is a Westminster I.e what extras did they have over and above the Vogue? Any other advice in terms of what to look out for with a car this age and milage? Did the 22” Alloys effect the ride much? I don’t know the reg yet as I haven’t had time to contact the dealer.

Post #517296 3rd Jun 2019 5:43am
Bradders

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Zermatt Silver

IIRC services are due at 12k miles or annually so the service intervals look ok. Next service is due this November as it's only done 2k miles since the last one.

Can you not check the service booklet to see what has been stamped that will tell you what services have been done and which is due next. If you can check who serviced it last maybe even give them a call with the reg and have a chat. Current: FF Westminster money pit

Gone:
RRS 4.2 SC
RRS 3.6 TDV8
FL2 TD4

Post #517301 3rd Jun 2019 7:44am
Paul thornton

United Kingdom 

Looks nice but 30k is now L405 money so it seems really expensive despite the low mileage.

Post #517307 3rd Jun 2019 10:51am
ButchersBoy

United Kingdom 

What do you think it’s worth?

Post #517309 3rd Jun 2019 11:01am
Paul thornton

United Kingdom 

Realistically they seem to be up for between 15 - 22k.

The overfinch kit puts a lot off people off although I must admit that one looks very nice!

Post #517311 3rd Jun 2019 11:10am
ButchersBoy

United Kingdom 

Oh really! I thought the Overfinch would be more desirable? Does it devalue the car being an Overfinch?

Post #517312 3rd Jun 2019 11:14am
archermav

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Maybe devalue is the wrong word. More it's a very limited market, ie you want an Overfinch and not a more "normal" L322. I'm not a fan I must add, but we all like different things.

Post #517313 3rd Jun 2019 11:17am
topgeartowers

Depending on service history and the state once you get up close (does everything work, state of the paint etc), in my opinion that is a £25k - £27k car

Its sub 50k miles, Jan '13 (so last of them).

Post #517321 3rd Jun 2019 2:03pm
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

You could buy it for £25k-£27k and try to sell it a year later and get £13k- £15k as has been said L405 around £30k this year who knows next year?

Post #517344 3rd Jun 2019 7:32pm
finchi

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Carpathian Grey

I had problems with two Overfinch 22 inch wheels cracking on the inner rim, resulting in slow deflation. Was not happy to have them repaired myself, so replaced the entire set with standard 20 inch wheels.

Post #517350 3rd Jun 2019 8:43pm
DavidL

England 

Personally the issue with Overfinch now is that they only do body mods of a slightly dubious nature rather than the full engine/body/interior mods of the past. I wouldn't put any extra money into a car with an OF badge on the front unless I really liked what had been done. The chances are the next person won't like it. To me the last proper OF was the 580s and that's 15 years old now. There is one on eBay but no surprise it has a dodgy engine and they can't sell it.

Post #517369 3rd Jun 2019 11:34pm
ButchersBoy

United Kingdom 

Thanks guys for all your comments... Thumbs Up

I went to see the car yesterday and its in lovely condition, well looked after the last two services were carried out by independent garage PO or PQ online? The last service 2000 miles ago was a big one, all four tyres were replaced along with glow plugs etc 2,500GBP As I said its in lovely condition somebody has really looked after it inside and out. Few age related small markets on the paint and a small stone dent on the front of the bonnet. The wheels were all in very good condition I pressed every button and everything worked although I couldn’t feel any air coming through the seats? They felt hot alright but I couldn’t feel this hot/cold air coming through? I didn’t spend too much time playing with them as I wanted to drive it. On start up the engine sounded nice, once I’d adjusted the seat visibility around the car was good it all felt comfortable not like a big car that it is. I pulled off the garage forecourt and down the country lane it has a lovely smooth power supply from the V8. I used the paddles to drop a few gears and it took off really well with a lovely V8 burble and no engine rattle - very impressive. I couldn’t help feeling that it felt a bit dated in terms of quality and ride compared with my 12 plate sport which was disappointing, I wanted more in terms of comfort levels. It rattled a bit and bounced a bit but I’m guessing those 22’s wasn’t helping? I loved the note of the engine, the power, the space inside and all the buttons! I absolutely love the way it looks from all angles I love the full black trim inside but as I said compared to my 12 plate (facelift) sport it just felt dated inside and ride quality too. To part-ex with mine I’d lose (since Christmas when I purchased my sport) 5k plus I’d need to put 16k towards it. It didn’t have a night heater which I just fitted to my sport so I’d have to do that. it didn’t have power tail gate which mine has. It’s got no Blue tooth audio connection. So it would cost me 21k plus anything else I wanted to do it like install night heater to swap over for a car that has a slightly more dated feel to my car and less in terms of up to date equipment. I think its very strong on the price at 30k. I’d buy it for around 21k outright and keep my sport just to own it because I like it but in truth I don’t think I’d be happy to swap my sport for it.
Ps the picture above of my good lady all 4ft 9” of her standing next to it. She liked it but felt the same as me about it being dated. However she could reach the peddles and felt comfortable in the driving seat

Post #517374 4th Jun 2019 8:34am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Nice looking ride sir... The car looks ok too Whistle Whistle Whistle

Sorry, couldn't resist Bow down

Post #517410 4th Jun 2019 1:50pm
ButchersBoy

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing thank you sir! I’m a very lucky man and still pinch myself almost every morning! Thumbs Up

Post #517498 5th Jun 2019 12:07pm
Bushy30

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Galway Green

For me that's simply over-priced for not a lot of extras against a decent AB or even Vogue SE

You'd get a 405 for the sort of money you are talking -- in fact there are some for sale in the forum here

Sorry that all sounds rather negative Current: 2011 FFRR Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8
Previous: -
2004 FFRR Vogue 4.4 V8 with LPG
1997 P38 4.0 SE with LPG
1997 P38 4.6 Vogue with LPG

Post #517499 5th Jun 2019 12:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>