Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Emigrating AND taking car with me.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
wayneg

Australia 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

There are different rules in each state regarding yearly roadworthy testing (MOT) You will need to check with Tasmanian Rules. Here in WA, there are no annual checks however it appears most keep their cars in good order as the Police are very strict and if you are stopped and they find a defect you cannot drive the car from that point. Once fixed it then is tested for everything and the slightest defect will fail. The Compliance Plate attached to all vehicles is the issue. I brought over a 5-year-old AMG Merc SL in pristine condition, the same model sold here and it still had to go through the process of compliance approval and biosecurity cleaning. If it has no plate its deemed non-compliant to ADRs regardless of the same car being sold here. The car is also always branded a personal import. If you feel your car is worth the effort and you plan on keeping it then yes, go for the personal import. Don't assume you will be able to sell it easily and make a profit.
https://www.transport.tas.gov.au/?a=111998 2007 TDV8 VSE
2003 TD6 gone.
2002 P38a gone
1999 P38a gone
1997 p38a gone
1993 VSE gone
1992 VSE gone
1966 Series 2a with V8 conversion gone

Post #518881 18th Jun 2019 9:17am
Rapiscan

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Wow! Really informative and interesting, thanks Wayneg Thumbs Up 2008 L322 Vogue 3.6 TDV8 in Java Black with parchment and Navy interior. 125000mls.

I used to be indecisive and have a split personality... but we are ok now...I think?

Post #518892 18th Jun 2019 10:53am
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

I brought mine over in 2013 along with another car, whole thing was a bit of a rigmarole of hoop jumping but nothing too arduous and have just sold it. Now that was a nightmare, long story short! No trader will touch it because it’s an import so I had to find a private individual who understood that it wouldn’t just suddenly exploded in a cloud of rust dispute having no rust showing. It was lower miles better nick and a significantly higher speck than anything else for sale on Oz and I still had to take less than anyone else was asking and it took seven months, so be aware it’s not quite the cash in the bank feel it can look like.
Now would any Aussies out there like the only manual V70 T5 in Australia? I can’t give it away. 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #523144 29th Jul 2019 8:18am
Rapiscan

I'm still undecided whether I'll ship it or not. Aussy approach to cars baffles me, seems for them its a lancruiser or a UTE or one of the ton of otherreally bland boring models available to em. With no Mot test in some states you sure see some sheds on the road! Shocked
I'm turning into a whinging pom already!! Rolling with laughter 2008 L322 Vogue 3.6 TDV8 in Java Black with parchment and Navy interior. 125000mls.

I used to be indecisive and have a split personality... but we are ok now...I think?

Post #523164 29th Jul 2019 11:49am
ur20v

A Trap 

Easiest way to decide is to get a quote to import, look on car sales.au and get prices, specs and Availability of what you have or would want when you get there if you are at break even or better then take your FF as I take it you trust and like it? Buying there can be a gamble on getting a good one as is the the same anywhere. Better the devil you know.

Post #523168 29th Jul 2019 12:01pm
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

I agree as above better the devil you know some states do have roadworthiness others don't it's only when you want to sell it has to have roadworthiness cert, and you pay tax every time you buy a car depending on how much pay for it depends on how much tax you pay if it`s classed luxury another 6% on top.
If you like your car keep it, it`s not like here every 3years change it because of a new model comes out and next door has it?

Post #523196 29th Jul 2019 3:12pm
ozzy22

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Rapiscan,

I’m thinking I might take mine back next year. Did you get a price for shipping and all the other taxes?

Cheers Oz

Post #534728 18th Nov 2019 7:05pm
Rapiscan

Hi, yeah, about £2500 plus Aussy Government fees etc. It isn't worth all the faff, alsoI've noticed the plummeting values of used Diesel L322's of late so decided I'll sell sooner rather than later here and buy something out there, lancruiser maybe?
The way electric hybrid vehicles here are increasingly gaining a foothold can only spell disastrous depreciation and ultimately obsolescence for oil burning 4x4's sooner than many realise I believe. 2008 L322 Vogue 3.6 TDV8 in Java Black with parchment and Navy interior. 125000mls.

Post #534749 18th Nov 2019 8:38pm
ozzy22

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Thanks for the reply!
I was starting to lean that way too and not bother with the headache.
I’d go with a Cruiser. I have one sitting in my shed waiting for me whenever I get back there. They are bullet proof and parts are easy to come by in Aus. Oz

Post #534753 18th Nov 2019 8:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12