Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > 2010 reverse camera view seems wrong?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I'll post up a picture tomorrow.
I get around 20% bottom of my rear window
. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #518257 12th Jun 2019 9:05pm
rjff

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

WB

Pic of mine and it appears yours may well be reversed. The triangle of black by the caraven wheel is in the correct place on mine as the tin tent is on my drivers side.

To get an idea of the field of view, turn it on in the hidden menu and walk round the back and peer at the screen ove the seats. Move your hands to the position where they disappear and there you go. As long as the "ignition" is on the car doesn't need to be running or in gear. Cheers
Richard

(there are no such things as an ordinary FullFat, an ordinary cat or too many tools)
2011 TDV8 Vogue Santorini Black
Gap IIDBT

Post #518259 12th Jun 2019 9:17pm
WB

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Thanks rfjj and gonna_go_double_r,

Based on what I've read about the flipped image and lack of yellow lines and considering my car is an early 2010MY I think I have a dud camera. I might try unplugging it to see if a reset helps but failing that I'll have to keep looking on Ebay or breakers as the cameras LR031815 seem to be about £300 new - strangely the version for cars with vision assist LR031812 is a lot cheaper - about £110 - need to figure out if theres a way to make that one work.

Post #518263 12th Jun 2019 9:49pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Here's mine. I do have surround cameras and my yellow lines bend when I steer. But aside of the overlay graphics I have my rear glass visible in the bottom say 20% of my screen.

Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #518282 13th Jun 2019 7:45am
WB

Thanks for the photo, I'm a bit surprised they all show so much of the rear glass as on the 2008 it didn't show any - I guess it's the sacrifice of having a wider angle camera and having it mounted on the spoiler.

I'm going to try to disconnect and reconnect it just in case that helps otherwise I'll have to keep an eye out for a replacement at a breakers or the bay.

Thanks all

Post #518341 13th Jun 2019 3:46pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Might be an idea for you to take the spoiler off and look at the connections before you try sourcing a replacement as there are more than one type of camera Thumbs Up

Post #518349 13th Jun 2019 4:28pm
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Doesn’t actually matter what the focal length of the lens is, even if you changed it the viewing angle which misses the bumper will still be the same, only way to change it is tI physically move the camera somehow.

Hopefully the replacement camera (if indeed it is) has a non standard housing which restricts the view slightly. David

Please let me know if my comments upset you, I may wish to upset you again.

Post #518354 13th Jun 2019 4:40pm
WB

Cam-Tech-Craig wrote:
Might be an idea for you to take the spoiler off and look at the connections before you try sourcing a replacement as there are more than one type of camera Thumbs Up

Thanks, I will do that.

I've been through the part numbers there seem to be two types LR031815 (fixed camera - two connections on the harness) and LR031812 (cars with surround cameras and one connection on the harness). Annoyingly I have the fixed which also happens to be more expensive from LR hence my search for a used one.

I've looked at some aftermarket ones but I'd really prefer to stick to LR parts.

Post #518375 13th Jun 2019 7:08pm
Grofus

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Just fit a good quality Sony camera for about £60. Its easy to do. Maybe a bit of soldering but not difficult.
They all have 4 connections. Live and ground, then video feed and ground. You can open up the housing and fit it inside so it looks factory fitted.It only takes about 20mins more than fitting a LR part but costs way less. Word of caution though, dont get a camera that has infra red leds on as the camera is live when the engine runs. Dont ask how I know Rolling Eyes 2007 Vogue TDV8 in Zermatt Silver with Charcoal

Post #518407 13th Jun 2019 9:55pm
tinribs

2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Galway Green

WB - did you ever get round to replacing the camera. Mine's done exactly the same (reversed the image and removed the guidelines). Just wondered where you purchased your replacement camera from?

Thanks!

Post #529719 1st Oct 2019 4:15pm
WB

Hi,

After much research the cheapest I could find the LR camera for was about £300. I'm fairly convinced the RRSport uses the same camera and that (different) LR part number is quite a lot cheaper (I think it was about £150) but I didn't want to risk it as I couldn't return it if it didn't work/fit so I decided to get a used genuine LR camera from a breaker on Ebay.

I looked for spoilers with the camera still attached which is often the cheapest way to get a camera but I couldn't find one and in the end I bought an entire 2011 tailgate for £60 which had the camera (and the wiper motor looks almost brand new) so that was a bit of a bargain. I had planned to sell on the tailgate and spoiler however parcel force did a good job of smashing the glass and taking a corner off the spoiler but still better than spending £300 on just the camera and now I have a spare wiper motor.

Morale of the story is it's worth hunting down a car being sold for parts rather than just the camera itself - I saw used cameras for sale for £200!

Replacement was fairly straightforward once I'd worked out the tabs which I posted a photo of.

Post #529826 2nd Oct 2019 2:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12