Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > New owner with a few issues.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Statler

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aleutian Silver
New owner with a few issues.

Hi,

I’m a new approved used owner, purchased a 2017 car but 2016 registered, it has the latest infotainment system, I’m 21 days into ownership and have a few issues that I’m hoping I maybe able to get some advice on.

1. I had CarPlay and S19A fitted today at a main dealer but not the one I purchased from, it’s great however they performed a health check on the car and advised that the rear pads have less than 1000 miles left upon them and that the Adblue also needs filling as there’s only 1000 mile left in that. I’ve emailed the salesman who sold me the car and copied in Land Rover customer service. I have yet to receive a reply, if a reply isn’t forthcoming I’m very tempted to trigger the 30 day 1000 mile exchange/money back warranty as the matter has irked me somewhat.

2.i have timed climate and also a auxiliary heater, I take it the two are separate however am unable to work out how to operate them separately. One appears to run the engine and the other a small heater in the engine bay. The key fob and app appear to start the timed climate only (engine).

3. It come with mudflaps and I done like them, I’d like to remove them however I’ve been told they’ll leave some holes in the wing, I can’t see how and would be willing to bung holes on the arch lining if that would get rid of them. Has anyone done this and are the mudflaps better than the holes they apparently leave.

Many thanks in advance for any replies you may give, overall happy with the car as it’s a low mileage example and it’s been a long time in coming so I’d like just to make sure my ownership is enjoyable as possible.

Post #519276 22nd Jun 2019 7:31am
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

1. I bought 10L of branded Ad Blue from Morrison’s last week for £8, so no need to buy the LR stuff at exorbitant prices. Probably not worth rejecting the RR for this item. As for the pads, I would negotiate a deal with the original dealer to have them replaced locally. Again, not worth rejecting the RR if it’s a ‘good un’.

2. The MY17 App starts the engine and uses the air con to heat/cool remotely. The fob starts up the fuel burning heater (FBH), which is great in winter assuming your battery is in good nick. The MY16 App used to start the FBH but annoyingly this was replaced with only the engine start/air con option for the MY17 app. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #519288 22nd Jun 2019 9:11am
Statler

hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply its much appreciated, finding my feet with the forum so please bear with me and accept my apologies for the dual post.

Can i just confirm that the small key fob with the red/green LED is for the Aux heater only and just prewarms the engine coolant and thus the cabin heating works much quicker.

Appreciate the reply.

Post #519306 22nd Jun 2019 11:14am
specman

Scotland 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aruba

I do know you will be left with holes in the rear bumper which will be visible.

Have you looked on TOpix yet for the history on the car? Type in your VIN to see the history
https://osh.landrover.com/

You can also check the spec on the car by looking on TOpix.
https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm

Mine came with about 2000 miles of Adblue, it was quickly filled up. I wonder if the dealers look upon this like fuel, enough to get you home but not to be filled right up?

Post #519307 22nd Jun 2019 11:30am
Statler

Thanks will register shortly, just off to Morrisons.

The car apart from these niggles appears straight and whilst the Adblue i can probably live with, a £200 bill for rear pads within 20 days and just 500 miles of use is a bit to much imo especially considering i bent over backwards to get the car into the salemans May figures.

Post #519309 22nd Jun 2019 11:34am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Statler wrote:
Can i just confirm that the small key fob with the red/green LED is for the Aux heater only and just prewarms the engine coolant and thus the cabin heating works much quicker.

Yes, but only works below a certain temperature, so you won't be able to use / test at the moment IIRC

Post #519313 22nd Jun 2019 12:51pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Yes, the key fob is for the Aux Heater only. It not only warms the engine but the whole cabin for up to 30 mins (max) up to 15C, if recall correctly [subject to battery life allowing]. I normally use it for around 20mins. This is enough to clear a frozen windscreen and provide a toasty cabin on a freezing morning Smile It's one of the best RR luxury features in my opinion. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #519314 22nd Jun 2019 12:54pm
Bigfella70

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Hi there, in terms of the Ad Blue and brake pads the supplying dealer have failed to PDI the car correctly. This is unfortunately not an uncommon issues judging by some threads on here.

However if you like the car otherwise and it's really the spec / colour etc that you want I'd be tempted to stick with it.

I think that you are owed a serious apology from the salesperson on behalf of the supplying dealer and that they should be putting both matters right at their expense and at your convenience i.e. for the work to be done local to you rather than having to travel any distance back to the dealership if it's not close. Furthermore some gesture such as vouchers would be appropriate also.

In terms of the mudflaps, although not asthetically pleasing they do serve a function and the likelihood of damage to paintwork from stones etc if they are removed may be an issue. I'd be tempted to live with them for a bit and see what you think after that.

All the best getting this sorted and hope you enjoy the car. Current
2016 MY L405 SDV8
2018 VW Golf GT EVO
Previous
2002 L322 TD6
2004 Mercedes R230 SL350
1994 993 Carrera
Range Rover P38 x3
Range Rover 3.9 EFI

Post #519391 23rd Jun 2019 9:53am
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Keep the mudflaps, you'll regret it if you take them off!

The Aux heater also clears the wing mirrors and is one of the best accessories as has been said.

The dealer should certainly fix the brakes, as that should have been flagged up on the PDI. Insist they do them! All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #519415 23rd Jun 2019 2:46pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Luxor

Are you sure the pads are low? Last year a main dealer said that my pads were low and I only had 1000 miles left on them and that the discs were beyond their wear limit and needed replacing. It's just been MOT'd by my local independent garage and as I've done nearly 10,000 miles since the main dealer report I asked them to check the wear out on the pads and discs. When he dropped the car back he said the discs and pads were fine and not worth changing at the moment as he thought it would be a waste of money! Cheers Ian
--------------------
Kielder 4x4 Safari

Post #519428 23rd Jun 2019 5:33pm
Fleagle_UK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

sounds like your car got the classic "not worth the paper its written on" PDI. In other words, whoever did the tick sheet did so without looking at the car and amazingly... it got a clean bill of health.....This is happening more and more as dealerships try to eek out as much margin from each unit sold. Of course any jobs that a PDI uncovers means less profit on the car when sold. Their hope is that jobs either don't get noticed or go unchallenged by the customer.

When I got mine, it needed two new tyres as they were down to about 2-3mm. The dealership acted as if I was about to take food of all their tables and they "weren't sure" they could do it. Rolling with laughter I swear they think every corny line they use is taken in by the sucker public

Post #519555 24th Jun 2019 9:14pm
Statler

They have been stalling for time, the sales manager has been away on holiday apparently. ive taken that at face value as I've been promised it will be resolved today. They have until 1pm and then i'll be pulling the trigger on the 30 day guarantee from Land Rover.

I like the car but not so much as to have my shirt lifted as it wasn't valeted to an acceptable standard along with the PDI issue.

Post #519583 25th Jun 2019 7:25am
Bigfella70

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Hope all goes well whichever direction you end up going in.

You do right sticking to your principles and standards and not toleration poor service in light of the PDI issues and poor prep.

Out of interest is the dealer local to your location? I have looked in at the main dealer in your city however not purchased from them.

Appreciate you may wish to retain confidentiality. Current
2016 MY L405 SDV8
2018 VW Golf GT EVO
Previous
2002 L322 TD6
2004 Mercedes R230 SL350
1994 993 Carrera
Range Rover P38 x3
Range Rover 3.9 EFI

Post #519762 26th Jun 2019 3:58pm
Statler

Not at all, it was a dealer in the Midlands, it was in their group stock so purchased direct and popped down to get it.

The saleman was sound enough however the prep was poor and lack of PDI frustrating, they have agreed to replace the pads but are adamant that its only as a good will gesture and not due to the lack of PDI and they're doing the Adblue as well but the excuse for that being missed is that it isn't on the PDI sheet.

Either way the pads are being replaced but LR really do need to get on top of the franchised dealers as they not up to standard for such a premium brand.

Post #519764 26th Jun 2019 4:06pm
ianmacd

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Epsom Green

Part of the issue is likely to be that JLR probably view Adblue just like fuel and that if its not got much that's the drivers issue.

Also, JLR are always keen on dealer feedback so worth dropping them a mail outlining your experiences. Current: RR L322 2010
Past: RR L405 2017, RR L322 2012, 2008 & 2004, 2018 D5, 2016 Defender, 2011 D4, a few Disco2s, P38, RR Classic, couple of Disco1's, SIII SWB

Post #519766 26th Jun 2019 4:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>