Home > Wheels & Tyres > Tire/Wheel sizing question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
backmangd16

United States 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Chawton White
Tire/Wheel sizing question

Hey everyone,

New home owner here. I ripped out the drywall of my garage the other day with my pals, and low and behold I punctured my right rear tire with a drywall nail whilst performing clean up. As I am staring the abyss of adulthood in the face, I attached my perfect condition full sized spare Pirelli, and realized it is unacceptable to have tires in the crap condition they are in.

It has been decided that the responsible course of action is to obviously buy new mean lookin matte black rims with adequately sized all-terrain tires.

I know this is probably a repost n00b request, but I was hoping for some communal tribal knowledge to be tossed my way about tire/wheel sizing/modifications if required.

My goal for my 2008 L322 is to piece by piece make this the USA National Park Trekker. It is time to do the tires and rims.

Currently my local tire place is really pushing overpriced tires/rims on me hard without exhibiting much knowledge/respect for what I am trying to achieve. They ordered the wrong tires at first, and I have basically blown them off.

There is a place in my great home state of Wisconsin called Custom Offsets that offers lift, leveling, and installation obviously but I have no communicated with them yet. Meaning, it could be a totally toss up if they are knowledgable about LRs.

What are the things I need to be aware of?
Rubbing?
Size limitations?
Air ride suspension calibration?
How big can I make this bad boys for off the beaten path travel? Not mudding.
What is a modest sizing that I can go with?
Is there a sizing that would allow for no modifications?
If mods are needed how would I go about this?

I also have the BT Land Rover GAP tool to diagnosis and or recalibrate after installation.

Thanks for reading, and again feel free to make fun of a noob...

I have a budget of around 3k USD anything above that and I will have to chose between my fiance and my LR. I do like both a lot... but I can't trek around the dessert in my fiance...

Post #521976 17th Jul 2019 4:12am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

There’s a few threads already - have a trawl through the forum

Is this the kind of thing you’re after ?

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic51396.html

Post #521983 17th Jul 2019 8:05am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

You have PM.

The LR homologated all terrain tyre is the Goodyear Duratrac, 255/55R19 or 255/55R20. Note lower speed rating, I think 112mph for 19" and 99mph for 20'. I've used them for several years on my 322 and 405 and am happy with them. OK for me on farm tracks and fields, also in wintry conditions though not a full winter. No modifications required and not that noisy though louder than standard road tyres and use more fuel too. Not as heavy duty as MT/Rs so maybe less good at lower pressures on difficult terrain. On road braking and steering not as good as road tyres but OK for me driving more gently.

Maybe see if others doing the trails you have in mind have comments on them. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #522057 17th Jul 2019 8:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1