Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Ripped off already!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

scarey wrote:
afaik navcoder only works for the ibus pre 2006 ranges, for the facelift ranges you need something like faultmate...

Tell me more! Thumbs Up

Post #55963 22nd Mar 2011 3:14pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/products.html

bit expensive mind.. Wink ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #55966 22nd Mar 2011 3:19pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

I really don't know why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist over this - yes on other cars you can set this option in the car itself. The RR also can't do 150mph like other cars but that's no reason to moan.

At the end of the day customisation is absolutely free - when you order your car.

To expect a LR dealer to spend time working on your car for nowt is just setting yourself up for a fall. Let's be fair here, we all know RR's are expensive, we all like being raped over the LR Service desk or we wouldn't have bought a RR in the first place.

You can buy a faultmate - but it is locked to your VIN to avoid you charging your mates £50 to change settings on their cars. Now that is truly poor behaviour. 

Post #56008 22nd Mar 2011 7:04pm
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

dan_uk_1984 wrote:
I really don't know why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist over this - yes on other cars you can set this option in the car itself. The RR also can't do 150mph like other cars but that's no reason to moan.

At the end of the day customisation is absolutely free - when you order your car.

To expect a LR dealer to spend time working on your car for nowt is just setting yourself up for a fall. Let's be fair here, we all know RR's are expensive, we all like being raped over the LR Service desk or we wouldn't have bought a RR in the first place.

You can buy a faultmate - but it is locked to your VIN to avoid you charging your mates £50 to change settings on their cars. Now that is truly poor behaviour.

Crikey spot on Thumbs Up 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #56057 22nd Mar 2011 11:03pm
alanm_3

dan_uk_1984 wrote:

I assume your tongue was firmly lodged in your cheek when you typed your reply! Confused

I never expected this "service" to be free, but knowing the amount of work (or lack thereof) that this task takes, I would have hoped for a more realistic price..............

Maybe I expect too much! Rolling Eyes

Post #56065 22nd Mar 2011 11:17pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

alanm_3 wrote:

I assume your tongue was firmly lodged in your cheek when you typed your reply! Confused

I never expected this "service" to be free, but knowing the amount of work (or lack thereof) that this task takes, I would have hoped for a more realistic price..............

OK, if it takes them 10 minutes to do the change, they've got to cover all the other associated costs, make space in the workshop, get the T4 out, boot it up etc etc etc. So to charge you for 30 mins labour is not a rip off.

You would probably have been able to get them to make 2 or 3 changes to the system for the one price. Did you think of that before you took it in, or ask the service guys advice etc? Or did you ask him to do it and then complain about the price after? 

Post #56069 22nd Mar 2011 11:39pm
alanm_3

dan_uk_1984 wrote:
alanm_3 wrote:

OK, if it takes them 10 minutes to do the change, they've got to cover all the other associated costs, make space in the workshop, get the T4 out, boot it up etc etc etc. So to charge you for 30 mins labour is not a rip off.

You would probably have been able to get them to make 2 or 3 changes to the system for the one price. Did you think of that before you took it in, or ask the service guys advice etc? Or did you ask him to do it and then complain about the price after?

They quoted my for .75 hours of labour, and the service girl did approach the service manager as a gesture of good will as it was my first experience of RR service, but he point blank refused to budge, so I guess he was setting out his stall from the off.
Maybe I'm just used to the "almost" reasonable prices of BMW and Porsche service costs! Whistle

Post #56096 23rd Mar 2011 10:04am
Dogman

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

@ alanm_3

I moved from BMW to FFRR and am relieved at the reduced servicing costs. Anywhere from £750-£1200 for an Inspection II on the BMW.....

Why not try and find a local independent or as Dan has suggested it may be more cost effective long term to invest in your own device to alter setup and reset codes etc.

I'd probably wait until it's in for some work and ask if 'they could just...' hopefully that way you'll not get hit for the minimum labour charge as it's already in the workshop (I think most of us appreciate that if a trade (be it cars or whatever) does not have a minimum charge they could run around all day on little jobs without actually making a profit as you'd spend half of your time moving between jobs etc).

Post #56097 23rd Mar 2011 10:14am
nick h

2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

dan_uk_1984 wrote:

Dan i don't think anyone is getting their knickers in a twist - as you put it Smile

its just that some of use think that these options should be user selectable - if its standard on a 2001 GC then surely its not beyond LR's capability?

and what the 'original' owner selected may not suit the next owner?

so i'm afraid that i cynically suggest that LR see it as a 'nice little earner'!

edit

just spoken to my friend next door and all these options like headlight delay/locking etc are driver selectable options on his Renault Clio!! - as are auto headlights!

Post #56106 23rd Mar 2011 10:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12