Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Purchasing approved 2016 ffrr 4.4 sdv8 advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Drksde

United Kingdom 
Purchasing approved 2016 ffrr 4.4 sdv8 advice

Hi guys I am new to the forum. I have been looking at approved range rover autobiography 4.4 sdv8 in black. I found one in ascot but the RSE which for me with a 5 year old is a must had a massive gash in the rear screen and also the car smelt of dog, and the dealership refused to discuss fixing the rear screen. Therefore I discounted that one. I have now found a 2016 one in surrey, which is actually cheaper, and from an approved dealer with 2 year warranty and has the rse and deployable steps pan roof and 22 inch wheels and black pack. It's exactly the spec I want, however the car had its pre delivery inspection June 16. Then service may 18 at 39000 then service at June 2019 at 59000 miles. The main dealer selling this approved range rover has said that the range rover 2016 4.4 sdv8 is on 2 year service intervals, and that the car has been inspected and passed range rovers approved check list and will come with a 2 year guarantee.
I just wanted some advice as I will be keeping the car at least 5 years and putting on a bit of mileage, my 2010 3 sdv6 needed yearly services so I an a little confused

Advice much appreciated thanks

R

Post #522584 23rd Jul 2019 6:50pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

39k is way too far - like double the regular service interval.

It’s not fixed as such as the car indicates when it needs a service depending on how it’s been driven and the state of the oil, but would expect 20k is pushing it,

Then there’s the perennial 12 month service debate, which I’ve never bought - the engineers who build the cars could add the date to the computer that tells you when it needs a service - and they don’t - it’s only the over priced dealer service centres that say you should have one - just my opinion of course.

Post #522585 23rd Jul 2019 7:01pm
archermav

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

There are more knowledgable folk on here then I, but I've just looked at the service printout for my 2016 4.4

Basically, serviced every year. In the schedule column it states 16000/miles 12 service. 32000miles 24 months serive. 48000 miles 36 months service.

Just for your info.

Post #522586 23rd Jul 2019 7:04pm
Drksde

United Kingdom 

Thank you very much for the quick replies. As I thought the first year service was missed.
The question is would you guys with your knowledge consider this car from an approved used main dealer with land rovers 2 year warranty. I have managed quite a good few thousand pounds discount on the car. This is before I saw the service history. The car is in other wise good condition inside and out.

Kind regards r

Post #522587 23rd Jul 2019 7:15pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

It’s kind of hard to believe it was missed - the car would be nagging you for a service, your warranty would be void etc - I just can’t see someone doing it.

More likely an admin error that the selling garage ought to be able to chase down. My money is on the service was done but not recorded. There may be evidence somewhere

It will have an impact on resale though - and hard to put a price on that......

Post #522590 23rd Jul 2019 7:40pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Also, consider widening your choice of RR by not focusing on it,having RSE. A fire tablet or similar mounted on the headrest will give you many more entertainment options. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #522591 23rd Jul 2019 7:41pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Without proof that the car has been serviced at the correct intervals, you must assume that it hasn’t been. Service history on one of these is everything.

I’ve had RSE in both a 2015 D4 and a 2017 FF AB and much as we need it for our DVD obsessed daughter, I wouldn’t spec it again. Controlling it from either the touch screen, or the remote is needlessly complicated and usually involves pulling over and turning the car off to start a new DVD, or the safety interlocks will thwart you Evil or Very Mad

The software is stupidly unreliable and what will work in the morning, won’t work in the afternoon! I’ve had numerous software updates and it’s still not close to being usable.

Don’t get me wrong, the car’s great, but get use some iPads and tether them to 4G. It’ll give you a much greater choice of cars and give much better results and the back seat passengers can sort it all out without having to bother the driver every 10 minutes!

Post #522592 23rd Jul 2019 8:09pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

I have 2 kids, had rse on old ones, now have iPad mounts. Way, way better. Can download stuff from Netflix/ sky etc. plus they can each have headphones on watching different stuff, you can thank me later Thumbs Up

Post #522598 23rd Jul 2019 9:09pm
Drksde

United Kingdom 

Thank you for all the advice guys. I called land rover uk and they confirmed that the car doesn't meet its recommended servicing schedule and this can be a factor when they consider any claims I may have in my two years land rover approved warranty. I dont understand how they can then sell this car as an approved car from land rover with 2 years warranty when if you ask them directly they then tell you they may not honour the warranty!!!

May I kindly ask how you guys have your iPads attached in the cars? Does landrover make an approved headrest attachment for ipads?

Thanks

Post #522639 24th Jul 2019 12:36pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

have a look at Cam Tech Craig's 405 post.

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #522643 24th Jul 2019 12:58pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

I have 2 different mounts, one was one from halfords, works with a magnetic pad you stick on the back of the ipad, works really well, simply attached to the headrest brackets. The other was something I stumbled across whilst perusing the ebay one evening, allegedly made from carbon fibre, which attaches to a headrest post and the ipad sits in a case which screws into the mount, has 2 knuckle joints so can rotate at whatever angle you want, I used to use this one on its own as both of them could easily see whats on , but it did my nut in with peppa fecking pig in my ear plus splitting a signal via Bluetooth for 2 hedphones is not an easy task so I went for another mount, which saves so much hassle . I've never enjoyed long journeys as much Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

heres a link to the carbon mount company : https://www.thejoyfactory.com/collections/mount-bundles

Post #522649 24th Jul 2019 1:46pm
MJGH

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

With regard to the missing service history it would be unusual for someone spending £100k plus for a car to skimp on servicing.
Try contacting either the original supplying dealer or the one who carried out the other services to see if they have a record of the missing service.
I had a similar experience with missing service history and it transpired the previous owner was an account customer with the dealer whose policy was not to upload history until invoice paid.
When the invoice was paid 30 x days later the service dept were not informed to upload the history.
I got copies of the service invoices from the dealer and contacted LRCS who after a bit of fluffing about updated the online service history.

Post #522671 24th Jul 2019 5:57pm
Drksde

United Kingdom 

Just an update, the dealership has returned my deposit, but initially didn't want to. So back to my search. Will take on board about RSE, however it's still hard to find the exact spec, looking for a dark coloured 4.4 autobiography with deployable steps privacy glass and 22 inch alloys from an approved scheme.
Is there a big difference between the meridian surround system and the signature one, as the one I have cancelled had the signature system and it was very good!! Thanks for everyones support, hopefully will be getting my car soon in the right spec!

Post #522733 25th Jul 2019 12:05pm
archermav

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

I listened to both, then waited until I found one with the signature. Once I heard it, it was a must have option for me. I even gave up deployable steps for it (and I'm only ickle Big Cry )

Post #522736 25th Jul 2019 12:30pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Drksde wrote:
it's still hard to find the exact spec, looking for a dark coloured 4.4 autobiography with deployable steps privacy glass and 22 inch alloys from an approved scheme.

As you are looking for something specific (dark 4.4AB etc) then I wouldn't get too hung up on the 22 inch alloys as they will be easier to source later.

Good luck with the search, it'll be worth it in the end Thumbs Up 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #522742 25th Jul 2019 12:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>