Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Looking at a 5.0 SC and have some questions...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
notty

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue
Looking at a 5.0 SC and have some questions...

Looking at a specific 2015 5.0 SC and have some things that have me slightly confused... so, some question if I may. Smile

1. Alloys: Did Style 7007 ever come in pure silver? I can't seem to find reference to that ever having been an option, but the car has them. Spare looks to be the more usual black and silver. Have these just been (cheaply) refurbed maybe?

2. Panoramic roof: A brochure I have says that all the SCs came with an opening roof, but this one doesn't. Is that right?

3. Screens: This car has the larger 10" screens. Maybe a daft question as anything is "possible as a cost, but is it economically possible to remove these and was them for the smaller in-headrest screens?

4. Tow bar: Doesn't have one. Retrofitted one to mr RRS. Presume there's no issue doing the same for the 405 and that it's not crazy price?

Thanks,
Paul

Post #526373 28th Aug 2019 6:33pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

7007 are turbines ? They only came in 2 finishes - diamond cut or two tone with dark atlas instead of the diamond cut - AFAIK they never came in all silver

Pano roof - you can always spec a fixed roof - and many prefer - if you're not into driving with the roof open, there's less to go wrong / leak and there is a single piece oif glass without a break

Screens - I guess you could remove them & replace with standard parts from a breakers (or new) - not sure about smaller though - not sure why you'd want to - or whether they;'d play nicely with the head unit

Tow bar - there just isn't a cheap option for the L405 - removable one is around 1k & the deployable is around 3k - possible to get aftermarket ones I think.

Post #526375 28th Aug 2019 6:45pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Agree with Alistair. I got the detachable towbar retrofitted to my 2017MY, it's very quick & easy to get on and off, offers a higher nose weight I think and avoids the risk of seizure etc that can affect the deployable one and Westfalia style. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #526377 28th Aug 2019 6:55pm
notty

Alistair wrote:
7007 are turbines ? They only came in 2 finishes - diamond cut or two tone with dark atlas instead of the diamond cut - AFAIK they never came in all silver
That's what I thought too.
Actual photo here:

Thoughts? Should I worry? Or just dig deeper and get the legit story.

Quote:
Pano roof - you can always spec a fixed roof - and many prefer - if you're not into driving with the roof open, there's less to go wrong / leak and there is a single piece oif glass without a break
For point and I'm inclined to agree. Smile

Quote:
Screens - I guess you could remove them & replace with standard parts from a breakers (or new) - not sure about smaller though - not sure why you'd want to - or whether they;'d play nicely with the head unit
My worry is how long they'll last with three kids getting in and out. Hmmm.

Quote:
Tow bar - there just isn't a cheap option for the L405 - removable one is around 1k & the deployable is around 3k - possible to get aftermarket ones I think.

Thanks for this info - I'll dig some more, but it's not a deal-breaker.

Thanks for the info!
Car is looking good so far.
If I want the LR 2 year warranty I'll need to act fast as they're pulling it back to 1 year at the end of the month. Confused

P

Post #526379 28th Aug 2019 7:49pm
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Its got Contis on it rather than some cheap tyres, probably just kerbed and sent for a quick and cheap refub rather than a diamond cut refub by dealer.

If its got full main dealer history on time and all warranty works done and got decent tyres and genuine parts used and leather looks in good condition then they are pretty bullet proof, also check mot checker and see if its had lots of advisories, may not be old enough depending on age.

Check brakes dont pull and no vibration on braking and acceleration and check for thuding from supsension, all normal stuff.

You wont stop smiling, Good luck Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Think i have found it on LR Approved;

Looks like a nice one, Meridian 1700 Signature, i have in both of mine and its excellent, it also has the split rear seat backs again very comfortable. 10" screens are worth having as better than head rest screens. Also got homelink and thats worth having too. Check all cameras are working as they can be a bug bear, looks like one may be off on nearside. Also got HUD, thats great too.

The Silver roof is unique, there's one in the next village to me and it looks good with the Loire Blue.

All in looks like a good spec and tidy car, suggest wheels are just a quick dealer fix.

Good luck Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #526397 28th Aug 2019 9:49pm
Alistair

The wheels do look the right proportions etc. and agree that with Conti's, the probability is a refurb.

Maybe check what was on the original build sheet - and/or ask the dealer to confirm in writing that they are genuine RR alloys.

Post #526435 29th Aug 2019 11:39am
funnyguy1

United States 

These are my 7007 Turbines that were just refinished in the "Black Pack" color which have dark gray spokes and gloss black sides and centers. Very tricky paint job!!!

Click image to enlarge

Post #526459 29th Aug 2019 3:50pm
notty

Just had it confirmed that they’d been skimmed once due to kerbing, but managed to get kerbed again. Apparently you can’t skim more than once and were simply painted instead. Sounds plausible but they’re LR wheels for sure. Quite nice actually.

One remaining question around tow bars... been offered a multi-height one for £600. Am I right in saying that this isn’t detachable? Or can you replace a bolt with a pin and this it becomes detachable? Dealer wasn’t sure and thought that it was permenant.
It’s not that there’s no info out there (Yes, I’ve used search Smile ) but just that it’s often conflicting.

Thanks all...
Paul

Post #526471 29th Aug 2019 5:41pm
notty

funnyguy1 wrote:
These are my 7007 Turbines that were just refinished in the "Black Pack" color which have dark gray spokes and gloss black sides and centers. Very tricky paint job!!!

They do look v.good and worth the effort tho...!

Post #526472 29th Aug 2019 5:43pm
Alistair

notty wrote:
One remaining question around tow bars... been offered a multi-height one for £600. Am I right in saying that this isn’t detachable? Or can you replace a bolt with a pin and this it becomes detachable? Dealer wasn’t sure and thought that it was permenant.

Sounds like a good price Thumbs Up

If its the genuine RR one then its detachable

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic51531.html

notty wrote:
Dealer wasn’t sure

That is sadly too often the case with these cars.......

Post #526477 29th Aug 2019 6:16pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

The LR one is secured by a pin with a spring clip through it. Later versions (I think 2017 on) have an anti-rattle bolt, the earlier ones don't and knock in the receiver. If the price includes armature, electrics and fitting and it is a genuine LR item then that is a good price. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #526480 29th Aug 2019 6:40pm
notty

Thank you all for your quick answers and advice. Much appreciated.

Looks like I'll be coming into the L405 fold in the next few days or so. Very Happy

As a result I'll be selling my 2012 RRS just in case anyone is interested. It'll be pretty cheap to help with a quick sale so a bargain will be there to be had! Look out for the (resurrected) sales thread on the sister rrsport site or PM me for more details.

Paul

Post #526568 30th Aug 2019 5:35pm
Drksde

United Kingdom 

Good luck with the sale Paul !! I also just sold my 2010 RRS facelift and bought my new to me 2016 Range rover autobiography 4.4. It's been in the main dealer for a few minor niggles but i am really happy with the upgrade from my RRS. Btw the RRS sold close to asking price within 24 hours!! Enjoy the RR !

Post #526585 30th Aug 2019 7:51pm
Hodog16

United States 

A little late but unless those wheels were painted all silver (which would be weird) they are aftermarket.

Only two colors: silver face and hub and inner parts dark grey or black face and dark grey.

LR never made the turbines in all silver or light grey. Believe me I learned the hard way. 2021 Mercedes G63 - Cardinal Red/Classic Red
2016 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento [Traded]

Post #528261 16th Sep 2019 6:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1