Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > DPF Full / Red - Any techs here?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
DPF Full / Red - Any techs here?

Using the Range Rover Owners diagnostic weapon of choice, you can't unlock a RED DPF FULL - take to dealer warning.

You're locked out and can't drive at 40-50mph and let the car carry out the DPF regeneration it needs to do.

It does say what to do; take to dealer. But how does it actually work when you take it to dealer exactly?

A mechanic suggested I could tell the car I've fitted a new DPF which is a function the IID can do.
I guess (hope) that would remove the restricted performance and allow you to go for a drive.
I guess (hope) then the ECU will command a regen while driving at the required speed.
The bit I'm trying to understand is how garages/LR remove the restricted performance. Perhaps this is how they do it?

Various other diagnostic tools claim to do Forced Regeneration on Land Rovers but are a bit hit and miss. e.g.

- I tried once with an iCarSoft which has Forced Regeneration in the menu, but would not do it when I tried. Maybe I did something wrong? Don't know. Instructions for any of these for LR's don't really exist as far as I can see.

- I also emalied a company that sells another type, claiming it can carry out DPF Regeneration on LRs and they said err, probably won't do it.

- BTW I've asked Pat@GAP once again to please please please enable a Forced Regeneration on the IIDTool.

Don't know why this is all so black arts? I've spent quite a few hours trawling all the Jag and Land Rover forums, Discovery, Evoque etc and found no clues.

I know there are a bunch fantastic of pro-owners on here but Hoping a tech with a bit of knowledge can help re how it works with a pro diagnostic tool !

There are currently two possible methods:

- Member SpitfireS says he cleared code P2463 - DPF Restriction / Soot Accumulation dropping a RED warning (and removing limp mode) to a YELLOW and this enabling him to drive and do a regeneration - using ODBLink with ScanXL software. Would need an old PC running Windows7 which I don't have. I've emailed the makers of ScanXL. Might be an option.

- There is a dedicated DPF Dongle by DA Associates which could be good but again the RED seems to be a problem; a guy on discosportforums.co.uk said: "spoke to the manufacturers and they say it will force a regen whenever you want. It won’t unblock a full one that has had the red warning dpf full message displayed." I ordered one anyway.

Any findings will make it back to the DPF Wiki which has had over 15,000 view so if you can help here, you'll be helping many many owners.

Many thanks. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #528804 22nd Sep 2019 10:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1