Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Looking for other suspension leak ideas.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Cheebs

United States 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Lucerne Green
Looking for other suspension leak ideas.

I have a 06 Range Rover hse. I had my front passenger airbag go. Before that I had no issues with my suspension. I replaced the whole strut. After about a week both fronts dropped to the stops. I replaced the front valve block. Now only the strut I replaced is down on its stop. I can’t seem to find any leaks. I am going to order another valve block and was wondering what was the best way to check the airbag? It’s new but maybe it’s leaking. At full raise I can’t see anything other than the bottom of the bag. Is there any other place I should be looking for leaks? 2006 Range Rover HSE

Post #529339 28th Sep 2019 6:06am
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

I would check the airline connection on the replaced strut after determining that the top nut is properly tight.

Post #529340 28th Sep 2019 6:29am
Cheebs

Forgot about that part. When I first replaced the strut I didn’t tighten up that bolt enough. I went back in and a tightened it up and it held air until the valve block went. I did spray soapy water on the top bolt. 2006 Range Rover HSE

Post #529341 28th Sep 2019 6:39am
Joe90

England 

Check/Test/Replace your height sensors .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #529366 28th Sep 2019 11:35am
Cheebs

so i found some issues. the front valve block i brought had a crack in the body. i replaced that. i replaced both front height sensors because the rubber on the joint of the longer arm was very floppy. i drove the truck around and watched my 4x4 screen. the front passenger side is more stable and I'm not getting the drops i was seeing before. but within a hour when i park the front passenger is back down to the bump stops. i have checked with soapy water the hose that goes to the bag its good. i check the new valve body no leaks. i checked the big nut on top no leaks. any ideas 2006 Range Rover HSE

Post #530137 5th Oct 2019 10:29pm
Cheebs

Ok so here’s where I’m at. My front passenger wheel drops down to almost the stops within a hour. Even with the door open. With the truck on it with keep the wheel up and I don’t get any hard codes. The strut is new I have done the soapy water test. I replaced the front valve body I traced the air line back to the tank with soapy water. I checked the rear vale body for leaks. Is there another valve body I could be missing? My thought is that the strut is bad but I cannot find the leak. The speed in which it drops says that the leak should be big but I can’t see it. And why can the compressor keep it inflated? 2006 Range Rover HSE

Post #530310 8th Oct 2019 2:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1