Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > L405 retro fit items
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
brad s1

2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Giverny Green

coincidentally I saw some of the duo lower display units on ebay earlier and they're shockingly inexpensive.

Post #531059 16th Oct 2019 4:27am
horse86

United States 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

Mark1107 wrote:
With all things considered, yes if they re-enable park assist I would be delighted, but the pros outweigh the cons of the factory nav with android aftershock.

I know the moderators edited my posts but back on point, the steering wheel for 2018-2020 is retrofittable and the headlights and tail lights and the fog lights too.

Getting the cool hvac digital screen to work with our analog lower dash would be the icing on the cake. I hope one of the companies can work it out.

Ray is awesome and park assist will be reborn!

Cheers everyone.

you still need to retrofit a 2019 front bumper correct? Aren't the pre-2019 headlamps and 2019 headlights slightly different is shape/size

Each video I've seen of a pre-2019 test fitted and wired up with the 2019 headlamps had a gap along the bottom 2014 FF Autobiography 5.0 SC
2008 FFRR (sold)
2008 BMW M5

Post #531352 18th Oct 2019 6:43pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

2018 headlights equire a 2018 bonnet, bumper and grill...cam tec craig has done this and has pics in his thread... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #531354 18th Oct 2019 7:03pm
W84IT

United States 2016 Range Rover HSE 3.0 SC V6 Fuji White

johnboy wrote:
^^ brad s1.
i'm with you on this one. i've only ever used my Park assist to see and to demonstrate how it works, but couldn't like you trade this or any other factory fitted functions.

Whilst i applaud those who have fitted and are fitting this system Bow down Some i suspect may already be without the park assist function anyway
Big Cry

johnboy, that is correct. Most Range Rovers don't have that auto park/park assist anyway so that is not an issue for most. However, I'm working with the manufacturer to see if there's a way to enable that feature with the Android unit installed. Another feature that you will loose is the dual view of the screen and again, most Range Rovers don't have that feature either. With that being said, most of my customers are not concerned with either of those features once they learn what this new Android unit has to offer. It's a very small trade off for what you're getting in return. As a matter of fact, I encourage you NOT to purchase this Android unit if you are the least bit concerned about loosing those features. This unit was an easy decision for me because there's nothing else available that comes even close to what you're getting with this unit for the price. After having it installed in my L405 for about 6 months now, I'm convinced that this unit is worth double what I paid for it. There's no way that I would want to go back to the OEM screen at this point...and be honest with you, I'm using CarPlay almost 100% of the time that I'm in my car so I never even use any options or features from the factory interface. Some of my customers have also reported that they have no desire to use the OEM interface anymore at all after installing this unit so they are using the Android interface as a stand alone...which is actually great if you're not using CarPlay. The Android unit can run many navigation apps, music apps, video apps and many other apps that will keep you busy enough to forget about the OEM interface. I hope that you guys don't take this post as my attempt to try to sell this unit to you. I honestly feel like this unit sells itself to those like me who really appreciate what it has to offer over the OEM screen. Ray

2016.5 L405 (Fuji White with Ebony Interior)
2020.5 Defender 110 P400 HSE (Fuji White with Ebony Interior)

Post #531357 18th Oct 2019 8:31pm
Ukandrewf

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

I have dual view and ever use it... fwiw --
On my third Full Fat RR
there's nothing like it.

Post #531508 20th Oct 2019 6:18am
W84IT

United States 2016 Range Rover HSE 3.0 SC V6 Fuji White

Update for Automated Park Assist...

&feature=youtu.be

&feature=youtu.be Ray

2016.5 L405 (Fuji White with Ebony Interior)
2020.5 Defender 110 P400 HSE (Fuji White with Ebony Interior)

Post #532923 2nd Nov 2019 1:49am
Charles89

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Scotia Grey

Shame there is no way to be allowed to watch TV while on the move. I used to have duel view in the OEM system, but since I upgraded to the android system my wife can no longer watch a movie while I am driving. Is there any way to modify the CCF perhaps with the IID tool to allow TV in motion to work on the L405?

Maybe even some kind of GALA type cable that can be cut etc. to fool the system into thinking your not moving etc.?

Post #569680 13th Oct 2020 10:18am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

AFAIK tv in motion works with the dual view screen - and not without

Post #569688 13th Oct 2020 11:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12