Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Will it finally happen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

So today I hit the first little snag. So I called and got told, it was failed on underbody corrosion. So here was I thinking, Censored that must mean serious cutting and welding stuff. But then I crawled underneath and was completely flabbergasted, the original underbody coating is not in perfect shape, some minor corrosion that will clean up with a wire brush and a slap of underbody coating !!!! This is a 10 yr old car and it is in great condition, considering 100k plus miles on UK roads.

So now I have to go to a place that does certified repairs to get it to pass compliance !!!!! And to do that, it needs sandblasting and coating.

They're nuts here, really, to fail a car on something like this would be unheard of in Europe. This car past the MOT recently with no more than a tire low profile advisory (tire has been replaced). And the saddest thing, the tester was a Brit, to be fair he did acknowledge how this failing is compared to older cars here in much worse condition passing the WoF (MOT for NZ). MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #539690 7th Jan 2020 7:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12