Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > P400e in the US?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Badger

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Carpathian Grey

Re the wallowy ride, they set it to default to the soft mushy "comfort ride" and to get rid of this you have to press and raise the button at the rear of the centre console which then throws up the suspension options on the bottom screen where you can switch to "dynamic" which is much more like the previous standard mode. However if you press the button back down, it pivots back to COMFORT mode again, for some reason best known only to a JLR engineer!

Post #562898 28th Jul 2020 3:18pm
Martin2

England 

Doesn't it go into Auto mode when you push the button back down? Or is that not the case with the P400e? MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #562900 28th Jul 2020 3:41pm
Badger

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Carpathian Grey

Yes, and Auto drops it into COMFORT I think

Post #562903 28th Jul 2020 3:50pm
Martin2

England 

I'm fairly sure auto is auto on mine, push the button and it then goes into comfort MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #562904 28th Jul 2020 3:57pm
zion

United States 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Fuji White

Update :

We took delivery of our Rangie 10 days ago only to drop it off at our favorite detailer 10 minutes later to have the paint corrected and the entire car covered in paint protection film, incl the piano black center console. This mostly to prevent myself from going nuts with two small boys. After what felt like an eternity we finally took true delivery of our long awaited RR. End to end, this adventure ended up with a 9 month wait because of Covid, but don't regret it a bit.

First of all, I have to thank you for talking us into an AB with the Exec seats. It was worth every penny!! Our 3.5 year old seems to pack like your 4yr old, so like you we will leave the parcel shelf at home when we go on longer trips but all in all the trunk space should suffice. I have to admit that I was somewhat relieved when the sales ambassador that delivered our vehicle informed me that the child lock shuts off all rear seat functionality Thumbs Up

As to AB, every time we step into our car, our noses are tickled by a bouquet of soft leather - and that is a wonderful thing. Can't thank you enough for that nudge - wasn't aware of the very significant leather surface differences between HSE and Autobiography until you shared that table. We also did opt for the leather headliner so I think we're maxed out on the hide front.

Attached are some photos.
https://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/albums/u...4506~1.jpg
https://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/albums/u...G_4443.jpg
https://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/albums/u...G_4456.jpg
https://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/albums/u...G_4457.jpg
https://www.fullfatrr.com/gallery/albums/u...G_4474.jpg

We locked in the interior spec very quickly (black and white Art Deco theme) but the exterior color was debated until the spec froze. I was looking towards black but got turned down. All the grays got turned down too. I did and do have a love affair with Rosello Red (seen two in person) but realized that it might get old over time. So, wife and oldest son won but I do love the end result. In all transparency, our 911 GTS that I spec'ed in 2015 is white with a black panoramic roof so I guess we simply might be have an affection for car models that are +50 years in this very specific color scheme Mr. Green

Have started to plan road trips across the SW now. Want to take the kids to a ski resort for some fresh air. This is well needed with the horrible air quality we have experienced over the last three weeks. We do plan going skiing to so this Rangie will see all seasons for sure.

Sounds you had a wonderful roadtrip with the family! You really can't go wrong in the south of France and the Swiss Alps. We love the all the lakes but particularly enjoy Lugano and Como. I can very much relate to your thoughts on the wallowy ride in corners but I actually enjoy that as the suspension setup almost forces me to be a relaxed driver. We have the toy for spirited driving to the ice cream shop.

Have to say that the combination of a RR and the EV driving experience is astoundingly good. My expectations were high after the XC90 T8, but this is sheer brilliance. Having said that I'm positively surprised about how sophisticated the I4 feels when it does kick in. Yes, it doesn't have a V8 growl but if you truly want that kind of experience, you'd be better of with a Cayenne GTS. I just love how our Rangie wafts us along. Can't wait until we go on a long road trip!

Hope yours was as good as it sounds like. Nothing beats those early childhood memories of adventure while on the open road.

Anders

ilard wrote:
Fantastic news!

On a long road trip through France and Switzerland at the moment. The wife has a new outfit for every hour of the day for 12 days. The 4 year old had brought 100 Thomas the Tank Engine trains and, unwittingly, a new outfit for every hour of the day. And I have packed various non-essentials like the [video] gimbal and my running shoes. (I’m such a joker). And it all fits, despite the P400e / Exec rear seating compromise. I had to leave the rear parcel shelf in London, however.

So far, 25 mpg is the norm. Motorway performance is exceptional. This thing just accelerates purposefully at any speed. It’s not a pleasure to hear when flooring it, I concede, but it’s not terrible and you soon settle into a cruise and it sounds, well, very quiet! I would still not choose any other drivetrain, including the 5.0SC, over the P400e. The P400e is everyman’s compromise between the performance, economy and refinement dynamic. But it’s a touch wallowy in corners, so you face drive like a tame Uber driver vs a racing driver.

Finally, the Rear Comfort package, with hot stone massage, means you get 2 x pillows. I put these on the front. Huge upgrade. I also managed to order 2 x more pillows for the rear so no one loses out. Decadent, I know.

Post #567574 21st Sep 2020 5:43am
adara

Romania 2019 Range Rover Vogue 2.0 PHEV Santorini Black

Congratulations! The P400e is fantastic, I'm not using gas at all during the week, as my commute is ~ 15 miles. I charge at home and at work sometimes, once a day is generally enough, but that depends on the trips I make during the day, the real electric range being 21-22 miles. After that, gas consumption will be 21-22 miles per US gallon. 2019 Vogue P400e

Post #567583 21st Sep 2020 9:52am
ilard

United Kingdom 

Good skills, I love spending other people’s money Thumbs Up

I think the colour perfectly suits the climate and the snazzy property, not to mention the toy. Welcome to the club Cool L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #567941 24th Sep 2020 9:14pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Debadged! Shocked
Controversial.... L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #567942 24th Sep 2020 9:15pm
zion

United States 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Fuji White

Thank you both!

Home charger now installed so mostly zipping around in pure electric.

Yes. Badges had to come off for PPF install but I wanted them removed. With the new P400e badge it was just too busy in the back. I prefer our cars clean. The back of the toy just says PORSCHE so they make a nice couple Mr. Green

You did an excellent job of selling the AB but the badge now sits on my desk and the back of our Rangie is a bit stealthier. Not sure understated is the right word for a FFRR. Cool

Now I need to get software updates and electric climate to work so that I can keep it current and cool the car down while it’s being charged...

Road trip planned. Just waiting for the SW US to stop burning...
Other than that I wish I was 3 and could sit in Paul’s seat in the back.

Post #567964 25th Sep 2020 8:16am
ilard

United Kingdom 

You should find using the remote climate key fob does the job of cooling the interior. I don’t get the chance to test the remote cooling so much here in London... the smartphone app definitely works. As far as I recall so does the fob. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #568022 25th Sep 2020 10:40pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12