Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Remote FBH retro fit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Ent

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Causeway Grey
Remote FBH retro fit

Thought I’d post this up and see if I can clarify the subject as it seems fractured in numerous other posts.
I’ve come from a D3 and D4 background and having retro fitted the remote park heater function on all my other LRs thought I’d give my L405 VSE the same treatment.
Having bought another VIN licence from GAP for my IID tool I went into the CCF and switched on Timed Climate with immediate success. I then went into the remote park heater settings and enabled that also, naively I tried to pair the remote blipper to the car by removing the 5amp fuse in the fuse panel behind the glove box but it was no dice. Trawling through the forum I found where the receiver for the remote blipper should be, behind the rear offside panel in the boot, pulled the panel back and there wasn’t a receiver there. A bit of digging about in the dark I found the multi pin plug and aerial fakra connector, so the wiring was already in place. Found the part number I needed, CPLA 18D540 AA, and ordered one from eblag. Fitted the receiver and paired the remote straight away, pushed the on button on the blipper and on came the flashing orange light on the dash that indicated the FBH had fired up. At this point I felt pretty pleased with myself, went inside and made a brew, came back outside and pressed the off button and sure enough the heater went through the shutting down cycle. Tried to fire it up again but the remote blipper’s green light just flashed rapidly for 5 seconds, went off and nothing happened under the bonnet. A good bout of head scratching and another cup of tea later the IID tool came out and faults were read, I can’t remember the exact fault code number but it was along the lines of heater diverted valve fault. Took the car for a quick spin and brought it back, locked it up and let it go to sleep. Waited 20 minutes and tried the blipper again with success this time. What I’ve found out is the heater or car doesn’t like to be fired twice without being driven in between actuations, don’t know why, this might be a normal thing even on cars with factory fit remote FBH operation.
List of parts you will need are-
Remote receiver-CPLA 18D540 AA
Remote blipper-EasyStart R 18D539 AA LR part number LR033464
Receiver antenna-only got an eBay link https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=ht...3543237849

Hope this helps

Lee

Post #534950 20th Nov 2019 8:40pm
TJH1985

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Great work 👍

Does this mean that all cars have the change over valve (LR040731) fitted as well as the FBH pump (LR039070)?

So any L405 can have timed climate enabled, and if you want remote you just need the receiver and remote?

Post #534953 20th Nov 2019 8:52pm
Ent

You need to see if you have the wiring in place I’d say. The three items I bought came to less than £100, if it doesn’t work stick it back on eBay. I can do a better step by step including screen shots if needed.

Post #534955 20th Nov 2019 9:05pm
Ent

Just to add the L405 has Eberspacher kit fitted and not Webasto, the receiver and remote are not interchangeable.

Post #534958 20th Nov 2019 9:09pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Thanks

Seems kind of odd that the Park Heat would be disabled in the first place.......

Post #534959 20th Nov 2019 9:09pm
Japseroony

England 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

Well done Ent, the D3 and 4 chaps come through with the answer again lol

How is that bike going? "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #534961 20th Nov 2019 9:11pm
Ent

Just had a big overhaul as I’m skint and can’t afford a new Cube E-bike Big Cry Big Cry

I’m looking into doing a GSM option like I did with the D3 but instead of using the Webasto 1533 oval timer to trigger the heater I’ll be using a spare remote blipper. The tricky bit will be finding where to solder on the remote’s pcb

Post #534963 20th Nov 2019 9:17pm
aljo

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE 2.0 PHEV Santorini Black

Ent would you have a pic of what receiver etc wiring should be in the rear panel 👍 Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where,s the f**king ceiling!!

Post #534997 21st Nov 2019 8:48am
Ent

As you can see it’s only 3 wires and the fakra antenna. I couldn’t trace out where the antenna ended up and wether or not it was connected( I’ve read somewhere that it’s connected or should be connected to the aerials in the rear windows but I can’t confirm that) hence why I bought a separate one which works over 100m now.

Post #535025 21st Nov 2019 3:13pm
Ent

Post #535027 21st Nov 2019 3:17pm
aljo

Ent

you say you had a "fault code number but it was along the lines of heater diverted valve fault"

could that possibley be the " change over valve (LR040731)" or lack of if not fitted ?

seem to remember another post somewhere which did say that when timed climate was enabled it threw a fault code up? wonder if its the same one Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where,s the f**king ceiling!!

Post #535042 21st Nov 2019 6:15pm
Ent

I’ll simulate the condition again and grab the screen shot

Post #535046 21st Nov 2019 6:54pm
aljo

just had a quick look in the rear panel and cant seem to spot any free cables etc mine is a 2016 sdv8 so maybe i dont have the pre existing cables Big Cry Big Cry unless im looking in the wrong place or they are tucked away from prying eyes Big Cry Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where,s the f**king ceiling!!

Post #535052 21st Nov 2019 7:16pm
Felstmiester

England 2015 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

The L405 confuses me with all these different pre heater’s. According to topix mines got a ptc heater so assume if one of these are fitted it would never be specced with a fbh as although not as good it does pretty much the same. I’ve wondered in the past if a ptc heater could be remotely switched on?

Post #535060 21st Nov 2019 8:08pm
Ent

aljo wrote:
just had a quick look in the rear panel and cant seem to spot any free cables etc mine is a 2016 sdv8 so maybe i dont have the pre existing cables Big Cry Big Cry unless im looking in the wrong place or they are tucked away from prying eyes Big Cry

Mine was tape up and tucked out of the way

Post #535064 21st Nov 2019 8:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>