Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Finance, Insurance & Warranties > Warranty Wise Labour Rate - £50 per hr, inc VAT!!! :D
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
M@r]{

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Barolo Black
Warranty Wise Labour Rate - £50 per hr, inc VAT!!! :D

Always been of the opinion used car warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on, particularly these 3rd party ones like Warranty Wise. However I've never had one so maybe that's a little unfair. Until I just received the paperwork on mine. A £2,000 claim limit plus a labour rate of £50 inc VAT per hour!! My local, village mechanics charges £45 + vat!! What is the chance of finding someone capable of working on these for that money! I paid an extra £375 to have it extended for the year! If I had known this I would have just knocked this money off the car and had it with no warranty!

Censored Censored Censored

I'm going to give them a call and find out what the score is here. Would a garage charging £45 + vat no be an option, or would you just pay the difference yourself? Wish me luck!

Post #535398 25th Nov 2019 1:45pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Normally you pay the difference. The £2,000 claim limit is much more of a problem though. Insurance policies are meant to cover the unaffordable, this doesn’t. I’d be looking for a refund on that policy Sad

Post #535399 25th Nov 2019 1:52pm
rjff

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Wow

No wonder folks say to put the money for one of these cars into a fund for what comes up. You can get a per hour rate of 45, BUT as you says do they understand the cars.

I'm with Red, are you still inside any cooling off period to reject the warranty, but I guess you'll have considered that? Cheers
Richard

(there are no such things as an ordinary FullFat, an ordinary cat or too many tools)
2011 TDV8 Vogue Santorini Black
Gap IIDBT

Post #535403 25th Nov 2019 2:34pm
Lyonhead

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

I believe Warrantywise will allow you to tailor your own Warranty you take out with them. If you want the Labour rate increased you can, if you want the claim limit altered you can. But, it will also affect the price you pay as well as the mileage and age of your vehicle will also affect the price and what level of cover you have.

I did have Warrantywise cover on one of my cars I had and what was excellent was that in the cover level I had was main Dealer labour rates and also if one part had failed and it was in the manufacturers recommendation to replace another part at the same time, for instance rear shock absorbers, they covered that as well.

Please note I do not work for Warrantywise or have any connection with them whatsoever.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 19MY SVA-Dynamic Spectral Chromoflair Blue but colour not available in profile
2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue - Gone
2010 RRS 5.0 Supercharged Navara Bronze - Gone
2008 RRS 4.2 Supercharged Black - Gone
2006 RRS 2.7 Diesel Rimini Red- Gone

Post #535406 25th Nov 2019 2:57pm
M@r]{

Coincidently I got a text from WW asking if I would like to increase the level of my cover (have one of you dobbed me in to them? Wink )

Not sure I can get a refund, it was the Dealer who arranged the warranty, standard 6 months that I paid an extra £375 to extend to 12 months.

I'll have a chat with them to see how much extra it would be to increase the labour rate. If I am just responsible for the difference I may just leave it as is, at least it should cover the lions share of any cost.

Post #535416 25th Nov 2019 4:44pm
M@r]{

Update on this, I just called WarratyWise to see about increasing the labour rate. They've increased it from £50 ph to £75 ph for an additional £80. They've also extended my warranty cover from 12months to 14months FOC.

I thought £80 was worth it, only takes a 3 hr job and that's just about paid for itself, then with the additional 2 months warranty, it feels like a free upgrade. So happy with that.

Time will tell if the warranty is worth the paper it is written on and I've just thrown £80 down the drain!

Post #535613 27th Nov 2019 12:37pm
Lyonhead

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 19MY SVA-Dynamic Spectral Chromoflair Blue but colour not available in profile

Post #535614 27th Nov 2019 12:45pm
andygts

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Even at £75 you will struggle to find anyone decent to do the work, I got a free warrantywise policy with mine capped at £75ph.

The pre heater water pump didn't work on mine when I bought it so set about trying to claim. Anyone thats half decent has normal cash paying jobs coming in so why bother with the hassle and paperwork of dealing with a warranty company. You are left with the bottom of the pile that do for the money.

I ended up having to let some clown fit it and then followed him round refitting stuff properly. They also couldn't fix an EGT fault thats stored on the ecu but causing no problems. The best of it is they told warranty wise it was fixed, I informed warranty wise that it wasn't but they still paid them Rolling with laughter

They really aren't worth it in my opinion. Stick the monthly payment to one side if you want a backup fund.

I won't be renewing when it runs out. Current
2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo
+ Many other non LR products

Post #535697 28th Nov 2019 12:13am
Andy2986

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Barolo Black

I’ve found that warranty wise we’re very good at making deals to get you to sign up with them but pretty poor at paying out.

Post #535701 28th Nov 2019 3:27am
M@r]{

Well we'll see. In the main the warranty came with the car, I just paid to increase it to 1 year and the labour rate. I've already talked with Farriers (my local JLR indy in Leicestershire) and they have said it is no problem dealing with WW and with a lower labour rate, they deal with warranty companies all the time. So I'm covered up to £75 ph. I've got the Silver cover with most of the additions added on that inc AC, Audio equipment, airbags and emissions.

From what I'm reading on here with all the problems these can have, I expect I'll at least get the additional £450 I spent towards it back over the next 14months of ownership!

Post #535712 28th Nov 2019 9:25am
Lyonhead

Andygts

I’m sorry but it looks like the problem you had here was not with the Warranty but the company doing the repairs. As you said Warrantywise paid out. It seems to me that in the initial job of the water pump you yourself let some “clown” work on it and also they could not repair the fault on the EGT....... not the warranty peoples fault. You still should have stood your ground and demanded the work done as they had now taken ownership to repair your vehicle and they didn’t and they would have had to guarantee work done by themselves under the consumers act.

Furthermore, whenever I had to have repairs done and use the Warrantywise people I let the main dealer deal with the warranty people and not get involved in “the hassle of dealing with paperwork”.

Never had a problem with work done ( always main dealer) or parts covered as the cover I had made sure that parts were covered and even for wear and tear. In the long run its entirely up to the individual and what level you are willing to pay for.
( I paid in monthly instalments so it wasn’t such a big hit )
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 19MY SVA-Dynamic Spectral Chromoflair Blue but colour not available in profile

Post #535736 28th Nov 2019 3:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1