Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Help needed from across the ditch.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RSW vogue 2004

Australia 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver
Help needed from across the ditch.

G'day all,
I have a L322, 2004, RR Vogue 4.4 BMW motor. The transfer case is playing up and on the message bar it displays "transferbox neutral" and at times "transbox failsafe prog".
I believe I have traced the problem to the encoder/potentiometer. I conducted the test as per PowerfulUK video, results were: Tranfer case shift motor works fine, multimeter on pins, nada, nix and nothing when stationary or when motor is being rotated. This leads me to believe the encoder is kaput.
Now to the crux of the matter. I have sent an email to Cardone in the USA, Summit Racing in the USA and 4x4lro in the UK.
All of these companies rebuild the transfer case shift motor with a better and stronger encoder.
I have had a response from Cardone - we don't sell to the public. Summit Racing have stated that they don't sell this part or rebuild it, yet they are suggested on the Cardone site to purchase their products from.
4x4lro in the UK has not responded at all and it has been over a week. Sooooo frustrating.
BIG ASK! Can some one living in the vicinity of and with some time to spare ask if it is possible to purchase the new upgraded encoder only?
I'm in Australia and would dearly love to stop my Rangie fro constantly dinging at me, also my lovely young lady and I want to head back into the desert again but I will need low range on board.
Can some one help me please.
Cheers
Hans

I am in Australia

Post #536522 6th Dec 2019 2:49am
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

Hi, Mate I will give them a call when they open up? let you know in about half an hour. can you pm me?

Alex

Post #536526 6th Dec 2019 8:56am
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

Hi, As Promised I have called 4x4lro he had a problem with his computer and was about to send you a message when I called,
he is a one man band operation and only works on a part exchange service, you send him the part he fixes it you pay he sends it back he is not out of pocket.
But he will send a reconditioned part to me (in Kent) and I could send it to you then it's my gamble see the point here?
I also think he has been burned before and is nervous dealing with overseas people.

Alex

Post #536528 6th Dec 2019 9:28am
RSW vogue 2004

Australia 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

G'day Alex,
I understand his angst, not all people are honest, this is why I was asking just for the encoder because by the time I transfer money and send the part to the UK get it repaired and then shipped back again it is not cost effective for me. My motor works fine, I have tested it. I only need the encoder. I dont want it for free, I will pay for the encoder and shipping.
Cheers
Hans

Post #536530 6th Dec 2019 9:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1