Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > My real horror story,and its not over yet.!!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
pretlove

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

when you go to collect your ffrr take a roll of duck tape some bin liners and a shovel and before you both go on your test drive just put them in the boot while his watching Whistle then once you set of head towards the woods ...i bet the price comes down to what you both agreed before hand, if not .... Twisted Evil make him dig Thumbs Up "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"
www.futuresecurityservices.co.uk
Pretlove says , '' I want my car back Sad "

Post #57709 31st Mar 2011 12:46am
piersie

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Epsom Green

What a good idea Pretlove,am loading bin bags as i type.

11.am is drawing near and as yet no phone call to tell me that in the night my engine wes stolen.!!!!!!

Theres time yet. !! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Hee Haw.

Post #57733 31st Mar 2011 9:35am
nick h

2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

piersie wrote:
What a good idea Pretlove,am loading bin bags as i type.

11.am is drawing near and as yet no phone call to tell me that in the night my engine wes stolen.!!!!!!

Theres time yet. !! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Hee Haw.

best of luck!

you certainly have more patience than me - i'd have had his 'nuts' in the workshop vice whilst we had a chat Whistle

Post #57743 31st Mar 2011 10:15am
Porridge

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

Wow Piersie.
Listening to that story I am beginning to think I should not have bought a FFRR.
Just think on the bright side though. Saint Peter will keep you a nice field and barn and a good supply of oats and carrots to reward your calm generosity!!

Hope your FFRR is 100% when you get it.

Don't part with the full amount of cash. Keep 25% or more for a 1 week test. And if he doesn't like it, don't tell his family where the body is!

Post #57763 31st Mar 2011 10:52am
piersie

I dont wish to brag but i am now driving my much missed range tover vogue. I now understand why i bought it,and the smile is back on my face, i have borrowed one of my wifes head bands,and find the when i tuck my long grey ears down they are not that obvious,and i did trap my tail in the door,on the good side my Doctor has given me permission to deficate in the street. Hee Haw.

I arrived at technitions place at the stroke of 11. And parked outside his laboratory was my ffrr. He came out with an invoice,so i suggested that perhaps a test drive was in order,he looked a bit shocked and said "it drives perfect". I drove for ten miles,including a bit of dual carriage way and all seemed spot on,so back to his Clinic,and i drove straight onto his four poster. he asked what i was doing ,i said i want to look at my new gear box. With my RR in the air and me underneath, i found low and behold that i was not the proud owner of the brand new shiny one he had showed me on tues morn. His explanation was that mine was infact far superior to the new one. My ears grew another 7 inches instantly. I also noticed that my box was not fitted with hand tight wing nuts as i had expected ("easy peasy"). So joking aside every thing appears ok, no leaks and all seems very very clean. I dont appear to have any underneath bits missing.

I dropped the car and checked every electrical thing i could and all is okay.

I tell him we agreed 1500 +vat He says im mad and the actual cost should be 2500+vat.

I produce my debit card ,and he tells me no cash only So i produce 2 grand and make him make out the invoice to my pal (i am no longer vat registered) who runs a car business.

I explain that the vat will be reclaimed,so best not to stick it in his pocket.

So i have my car back,am i happy ?? I some how feel that this is not the end of this matter, so will dust off my Berretta 686 multi choke,and invest in some no 5 cartridges (to be on the safe side).

I have always preached that in this life you only get what you pay for, Hind sight is a wonderful teacher,and if i could have relived this i would go to Reading and pay 3 grand and if "about a week" beacame "about a fortnight" i would just reel with the blows.

So "about a month later" i am going out to drive my car.

Cheers Piers. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #57811 31st Mar 2011 12:49pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

well done re getting underneath to check the gearbox piers Thumbs Up ... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #57816 31st Mar 2011 12:55pm
nick h

2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

glad it was sorted

i have a Beretta 686 'sporting' - lovely gun

if you need any rifled slugs for the gearbox guy just pm me Laughing

Post #57817 31st Mar 2011 12:58pm
comports

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Mariana Black

Few Piers - Finally it's back. Hope it's all fine now. Ash
------------------------------------------------------
2016 SDV8 AB

Post #57823 31st Mar 2011 1:06pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

So it has a guarantee on the box and workmanship?

I think regular calls to see if his workshop still exists at a week out, then a month out ......................... to see if he hasn't scarpered! 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #57830 31st Mar 2011 1:43pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

piersie wrote:
i found low and behold that i was not the proud owner of the brand new shiny one he had showed me on tues morn. His explanation was that mine was infact far superior to the new one.

You're kidding, right? Why on God's earth should an old box be superior to a new one???? And if you agreed on 1500 it should be 1500 even if it cost him 15million to fix - unless he mentioned something in one of your calls. Don't know Brit law but US and German law is pretty strict w/that. Estimates are binding! (picture what would happen otherwise - oh sorry Mr. Smith, I know I promised to change your oil 4 weeks ago but I'm an incompetent Censored so it took me a month to do. No worries though, whereas the average schmuck earns 3 grand /month, being the incompetent Censored I am I only earn about 2Grand - so that's all you owe me for the months work)

Sorry for the rant.

With your description I'd be willing to wager a large amount that he didn't change the transmission cooler either (sits on th LH side of the engine has 2 thin transmission fluid lines running to it and 2 coolant hoses). This must be replaced along with the lines when a gearbox is rebuilt as it can not be cleaned and it traps all sorts of shavings, chips, dirt, etc. And releases that into your brand spanking new box - wrecking it again in a relatively short period.

I'd start looking for a solicitor now, just to be sure. Otherwise your wife problems may escalate to the point of celibacy... Shocked Sad 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #57846 31st Mar 2011 3:17pm
Porridge

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

Glad you are back on the road.

Post #57854 31st Mar 2011 3:41pm
pretlove

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

im glad to hear you got your car back ...id still be tempted to make him go missing but what can i say you have the paitence of a saint Thumbs Up what did he end up charging you before vat "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"
www.futuresecurityservices.co.uk
Pretlove says , '' I want my car back Sad "

Post #57856 31st Mar 2011 3:43pm
piersie

This morning i started it,selected drive,guess what. It instantly drove........ Yipee

So after nearly a month of absolute aggro and 1980 pictures of her majesty, i think i am up and running.

Thank you all for your kind words and wisdom. And if this night mare helps just one of you then its been worth it all. Thumbs Up

Cheers Piers.

Post #58081 1st Apr 2011 10:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12