Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > FBH - 2003 Vogue TD6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 
FBH - 2003 Vogue TD6

I've checked the owners manual & the Wiki so far & cannot get the FBH to work (if in fact it does).

I don't have a remote & just want to turn it on manually as I never really know what time I will be leaving so the timer will not be used.

Can anyone help me with where I need to set the various controls please ?

TIA. 2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6

Post #537195 12th Dec 2019 2:06pm
kds2

England 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Mine is a 2003 and the FBH kicks in when you start the engine if its below 6c ( I think), unless you have aux heat and vent showing on the dash you cannot set the timer, you need this function to be enabled in the CCF of the car for it to work. I had mine enabled by the lads in Old Forge Garage here in Lincoln then fitted a Vellman two channel remote thats so I can press the remote in the house and the car warms up a little while get my boots and coat on (lazy I know).

Post #537199 12th Dec 2019 2:31pm
Nismotec

United Kingdom 

Can you tell me how the Vellman two channel remote is connected to the factory FBH please? id like to do this and it seems cheaper than a Range rover remote
cheers

Post #539245 2nd Jan 2020 9:13pm
kds2

Two things to consider doing this are the Vellman has a limited range (about 20 yards) the factory fit is greater and you still need to have park heating enabled in the car config file. If you look at the rear fuse board you should find a small black connector coming off the wiring loom with a red/yellow wire, a white/green stripe wire and a brown/black stripe wire in it (my colours hope yours are same) the red/yellow wire is 12 volt live, the brown/black wire is earth and the white/green wire is the one which needs 12 volts putting to it to bring in the park heating (hope you with me so far) so I used the red/yellow wire as the supply for the Vellman receiver plus supplying the out put side of the receiver, the brown/black wire as the receiver ground (earth) and the white/green stripe wire to supply 12 volts from the receiver to bring in the park heating when told to hope that kind of makes sense, I did look at the home wi/fi option with an app on your phone but by doing it the way I have I can at least kick in the heating when watching the granson footballing (its a grandad thing) if the car is in range before the match finishes.

Post #539501 5th Jan 2020 5:11pm
Nismotec

United Kingdom 

That is brilliant thank you. I've seen that small black connection so I will check the wire colours.. so basically it's just a remote relay sending power down 1 wire to fire the fbh? I'm thinking if that's the case I've got a standalone remote central locking kit which basically is just a remote switch. I could connect this?or is there a reason you went for the vellman? I've also read somewhere that theres some bit of kit that you can send a text message to activate it. There would be no range issues then. . . ? I'm going to have a play. Thanks for the advise

Post #539523 5th Jan 2020 6:35pm
kds2

It not only fires the fbh it also brings in the heater fan on slow and opens a couple of vents, I already had the vellman picked it up when maplins closed for another project plus you can have up to 31 remotes ! I just have two, one left in the car and one in the house. Seem to remember some thing about using a cheap payg mobile phone to do the switching but decided that way was a bit beyond me.

Post #539568 6th Jan 2020 12:31am
Nismotec

United Kingdom 

Forgot to.ask if the supply needs to be constant to keep the fbh running or is it just a pulse and then the fbh runs off it's own timer? Otherwise how do you turn it off??

Post #539605 6th Jan 2020 1:30pm
kds2

Constant as far as I`m aware, I set channel one on the vellman to 15 minuets and channel two to 30 minuets but I think the fbh cuts out after 20 minuets anyway plus it wont even run if voltage is down. Out of interest you could bridge the red/yellow wire and white/ green stripe wire with a 5 amp fuse to see if fbh fires up.

Post #539652 6th Jan 2020 8:28pm
Nismotec

United Kingdom 

Thank you for your help. Yes I think I will try bridging the wires and see what happens....

Post #539664 6th Jan 2020 9:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1