Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > No Keyless Entry?!?!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
someguy

United States 
No Keyless Entry?!?!

My wife and I are considering getting a (new) Range Rover. I am used to my car that has keyless entry and keyless start. When I was told that the RR doesn't have keyless entry, I almost fell over. The LR4 which we are also considering because of the third row seat, has keyless entry, but the RR doesn't?!?!?!?

Does anyone have any idea if this will be available on the 2012 model? I think that this is important emough that I'd say the lack of it on the RR is a deal-breaker. I sound lazy, don't I?

thanks for any comments,

Someguy (signature here)

Post #57713 31st Mar 2011 3:32am
mercuryf1

Malaysia 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

I know what you mean Someguy. My FFRR, compared to other 'lesser' cars on the current market, has got a inferior Ipod integration system, inferior quality reverse camera, no keyless entry, worse fuel consumption ... but strangely, I put up with all this and still love the car!

Confused '01 1.8i Freelander. Grey/ grey
'06 4.2 S/C Buckingham Blue/ Parchment
'15 5.0 S/C SVA Loire blue/ Black

Post #57714 31st Mar 2011 4:43am
mattstevenson2005

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black
Re: No Keyless Entry?!?!

someguy wrote:
My wife and I are considering getting a (new) Range Rover. I am used to my car that has keyless entry and keyless start. When I was told that the RR doesn't have keyless entry, I almost fell over. The LR4 which we are also considering because of the third row seat, has keyless entry, but the RR doesn't?!?!?!?

Does anyone have any idea if this will be available on the 2012 model? I think that this is important emough that I'd say the lack of it on the RR is a deal-breaker. I sound lazy, don't I?

thanks for any comments,

Someguy

Hi mate, dont think the range rover will be getting full keyless entry until the next generation range rover which comes out in 2013/2014 i was talking to a guy who works with the land rover plant and i asked the same question. His answer was they could not fit the full keyless entry system because they would have to completly redesign the entire door locking system and interior door layout/design to physically fit the system in the door.

Matt

Post #57721 31st Mar 2011 8:26am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Is it so much hassle to press a button on the "key" fob because 2010+MY don't have any keys? At least not here in the UK. Yes there is the brick you put in your pocket but it has now been found here that there are big security problems (exported from the USA) with the card type keyless entry in that the car and card are continuously transmitting low power RF signals and lowlifes have developed receivers/scanners for them.

Scrote one watches an RRS/D4/LR4 park and the driver gets out. Scrote 1, with a transceiver in his pocket, follows driver and his transceiver scans for the keycard signal and re-transmits it to Scrote 2 who is standing near to the car and hey presto the car unlocks, immobiliser is inhibited and the engine can be started by pressing the push starter. I think I prefer what we get now even if it is a little bulky and inconvenient at least the car cannot be stolen as easily. The latest FFRR's keyfob only transmits when you press the unlock/lock button or tailgate release button. OK so the keycard only works within a meter or so of the car but when the signals can be "piggybacked" from great distances I don't think it is such a great convenience. 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #57740 31st Mar 2011 10:07am
tboner001

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Fuji White

Agree with Tim i have keyless on the sport and not on the FFRR , does it bother me well that would be a no would i NOT buy a FFRR because it does not have a toy like keyless entry that is more for pose value than anything else ermmm that would be a NO ,

And as for security there are now a number of issues starting to show up worldwide with keyless entry and scanner theft on various models even ones with adjusting frequency, yes you can still get scanned while pressing a keyfob but far less likely and the Immob works on a second band i think. Far to many gone...

Post #57744 31st Mar 2011 10:16am
nick h

2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

keyless entry is just the latest 'must have' as is push button start

on a FFRR its just more to go wrong

Post #57751 31st Mar 2011 10:30am
mattstevenson2005

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

nick h wrote:
keyless entry is just the latest 'must have' as is push button start

on a FFRR its just more to go wrong

agreed! it is a 'cool' feature but how hard is it really to press a button to unlock the doors and turn a key to start the engine?

Post #57831 31st Mar 2011 1:52pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

My new car comes with keyless entry and I have already asked LRCS if I can have it with a conventional system - NO! Unless you want the basic model sir, it is standard and not a delete option! 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #57834 31st Mar 2011 1:57pm
tboner001

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Fuji White

Tim in Scotland wrote:
My new car comes with keyless entry and I have already asked LRCS if I can have it with a conventional system - NO! Unless you want the basic model sir, it is standard and not a delete option!

bet you can disable it Tim without any issues Far to many gone...

Post #57873 31st Mar 2011 5:53pm
Tim in Scotland

I'll look into that TB 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #57876 31st Mar 2011 5:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1