Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > L405 Vogue SE has lost so much money in 12 months!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Vogue wrote:
Shooting ? Wink

Yes, driving to Berkshire, stay the night and shoot tomorrow.....doesn't the season go quickly??? All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #540675 15th Jan 2020 3:53pm
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

We seem to be the only country in southern Europe that is using more electric cars I am currently in Spain and have seen the same old diesel fuel trucks and cars that I had seen 15 years ago the last time I was here, The boat mariners are still full with
all manner of craft and as far as I could tell no electric motors to power them and how would they charge them after a couple of hours of travel?
Diesel is cheap to produce but we pay a premium for it as it`s a good tax cash cow and in a few years those of us that are running electric will get clobbered for tax some other way?
We will more than likely go the same way as the dinosaurs anyway.

Post #540680 15th Jan 2020 4:20pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

So having just slagged the FFRR for being far to expensive
Spent the next hour drooling over the JLR web site ( tempted) then auto trader....

Auto trader said this

What’s more, versus any of these rivals, the Range Rover looks like it will retain a much bigger chunk of its value come resale time. That’ll more than mitigate its rather high fuel costs, as will reasonable servicing and repair bills. In fact, so strong are the Range Rover’s residual values, that unless you do a high annual mileage, it looks like it’s actually one of the least costly of these big, luxurious SUVs to own, when all is said and done. Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #540704 15th Jan 2020 8:23pm
Bigglez

2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

I think that may be a bit out of date.

The guy from the finance broker I used said that as little as 12 months ago he was recommending the FF as you could get PCP for really low monthlies - but that it has literally fallen off a cliff since then. Also didn’t help that it got voted the 2nd most unreliable car in the UK in November last year... Rolling with laughter 2016MY Carpathian 4.4SDV8 Autobiography (Stolen) 😡
2010MY Buck Blue 3.6TDV8 Vogue. Gone but not forgotten.

Post #540706 15th Jan 2020 8:28pm
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

I used to buy Jags last one was in 2000 paid 67k and sold it 2 years later for 30k. I went back to my p38 which at the time was 3 years old and I still have it albeit rarely gets used.
I bought a 2007 supercharged 6 years ago for 14500 with just over 60k on the clock it now has 187k so pretty cheap motoring really might buy a 405 next year asa they will have lost a load of cash but still be a fab motor. This works for me Thumbs Up

Post #540712 15th Jan 2020 9:24pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black
Re: L405 Vogue SE has lost so much money in 12 months!!!

dvb247 wrote:
... at this rate I will have to keep mine for another year or two just to even things out.

You could keep, look after and enjoy it Thumbs Up

The L405 is superb in every way IMO. Ours drives and looks good as new (inside and out). Can't see the point (in us) shelling out tens of thousands to buy a newer version of essentially the same. Version we have does everything we need it to do.

Avoid depreciation woes by... not scanning market prices and/ or keeping up with the Joneseez Laughing

Post #540731 16th Jan 2020 8:59am
roberlar

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

I agree entirely, Range Rovers have always been a premium brand with a high retail price new but rapidly diminishing used values. One reason is because no matter how old the vehicle is, running costs remain high, so when it comes to older vehicles being sold, they have to be priced attractive enough for the used car buyer to enter in to potentially high maintenance costs in future. Buying most used cars will involve depreciation, but the longer you keep them them, the less the loss. I bought my last FF new in 2004 and kept it for 14 years. Other than routine servicing (five years of which of which were included in the deal) I can honestly say I had no issues at all. So having bought the car for around 55k I sold it 14 years later with 41k on the clock for 12k which means the car only cost me around 3k per year. On the other hand, I bought a Porsche 911 993 in 2007 which has more than doubled in value but who was to know that at the time. I've owned Porsches for many years, and not so long ago sold a '76 2.7 Targa for 6k which is probably now worth 50k. And then again, I have an '88 Range Rover 3.5 manual which may or may not become worth a reasonable amount of money, albeit after considerable restoration. In a nutshell, buying most cars will be a depreciating asset so enjoy the experience and bear in mind the L405 is still the current model other than facelifts which most people wouldn't recognise anyway.

Post #540809 16th Jan 2020 8:59pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Spot on roberlar Thumbs Up

Post #540810 16th Jan 2020 9:11pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Yes, agree too.

My car philosophy is (multi millionaires can skip to the next thread now):
1. You only need one car, focus your spend on it not 2 or 4 different cars
2. Buy exactly to your desired spec to maximise enjoyment and longevity (generally this means you have to buy new, depending on tastes)
3. Keep it a loooooooong time - it’s your perfect spec, so why not?
4. Don’t fuss about mpg (especially low mileage driver) but do look at total cost of ownership as a data point. (“OMG I just lost £10k in depreciation” is an absurd thing to be surprised about, sorry to be derogatory, at least I’m honest!)
5. Look after it properly. Yes use indies. No, don’t ignore that warning light or other malfunction. No no no.
6. Enjoy it - it’s not just for work or shopping, so go on a fancy trip at least once a year. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #540821 16th Jan 2020 10:20pm
dennij

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

Some good points there iLard

If you are going to be fixated on depreciation costs then you are spoiling your experience. All new cars regardless of make/model are worth less the moment you drive them off the forecourt and depreciation is at it's greatest normally for the first 3 years. This is nothing new so certainly nothing to be surprised about. The only solution would be to buy a vehicle which is 2 or 3 years old to cushion some of that initial depreciation.

Post #540860 17th Jan 2020 10:21am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

None of it is rocket science or surprising surely ?

Depreciation seems to be 40-60% in 3 years for pretty much any mainstream car - the only exceptions being a new model in high demand with long wait times will shore up used prices a bit.

Post #540865 17th Jan 2020 10:59am
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

[quote="ilard"]

Obviously not met my missis who won't drive my car at all (too big) but insists her car has to be brand new Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
It was obviously tongue in cheek but multi millionaires don't look at this forum. Thumbs Up Geoff

Last edited by supershuttle on 17th Jan 2020 4:04pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #540872 17th Jan 2020 12:30pm
cass

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

"It was obviously tough in cheek but multi millionaires don't look at this forum."

Really ? I seem to recall that there was a builder chap who was swimming in cash who posted lots of posts on here!

Post #540874 17th Jan 2020 12:44pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Back to co2 and pollution :

Significant proportions of particles size 10 comes from sea water.... Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #540878 17th Jan 2020 2:22pm
smakil

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Fuji White

ilard wrote:
Yes, agree too.

My car philosophy is (multi millionaires can skip to the next thread now):
2. Buy exactly to your desired spec to maximise enjoyment and longevity (generally this means you have to buy new, depending on tastes)
3. Keep it a loooooooong time - it’s your perfect spec, so why not?
4. Don’t fuss about mpg (especially low mileage driver) but do look at total cost of ownership as a data point. (“OMG I just lost £10k in depreciation” is an absurd thing to be surprised about, sorry to be derogatory, at least I’m honest!)
5. Look after it properly. Yes use indies. No, don’t ignore that warning light or other malfunction. No no no.
6. Enjoy it - it’s not just for work or shopping, so go on a fancy trip at least once a year.

Spot on Thumbs Up Current
RR Vogue MY14 3.0 tdv6
Audi S3
Previous
F82 M4
F32 420d
Golf TDI 1.6

Post #540880 17th Jan 2020 2:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>