Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Droning noise from 2017 Diesel L405 - HELP NEEDED PLEASE!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tom Wellcutt

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black
Droning noise from 2017 Diesel L405 - HELP NEEDED PLEASE!

Hi,

I recently purchased my first Range Rover a 2017 L405 Autobiography with all the usual bits on it from Land Rover in Stafford UK. It was definitely the right purchase and although im loving owning such an amazing vehicle i have one niggling problem and im hoping someone can help?

When i drive the car i get a kind of resonant vibration / droning noise and feeling through the steering wheel, drivers seat and floor area around the drivers seat. It is much more obvious at lower speed and around town. A higher speed it seems less obvious probably due to increased wind and road noise. It doesn't happen every single time which makes me think its not a wheel bearing or traction connected? To me it feels more "Electrical" like some sort of motor or auxiliary pump but i might be totally wrong in this assumption?

I'm mechanically minded and have been working on cars for over 30 years but this one has me stumped? I should state that in the 7 weeks since buying the car its been back to the dealer for the noisy Transfer Box oil flush which is common but the dealer says that they cannot identity the issue i am raising? Is it just me? Am i imagining it? Is it just how these L405's behave? I cant imagine that is the case but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Tom.

Post #540847 17th Jan 2020 8:15am
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

Is a heat shield touching where it shouldn't or missing a retaining nut? My L322 has lots around the engine and exhaust which sometimes need to be reformed to stop reverberations.

Post #540850 17th Jan 2020 8:38am
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

I would look at the tyres - when I bought my L322 eight months ago off an independent dealer he told me that the OSF wheel bearing was noisy & would need replacing "after a few thousand miles". TBH, I could not really hear it but it did get worse.

Turned out to be the tyre but it really did sound like a wheel bearing.

Had the same thing on my last vehicle (VW T5 Transporter) - sounded like the rear wheel bearings but when the tyres were replace the noise went. 2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6

Post #540852 17th Jan 2020 8:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1