Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > L322 Rear Driveshaft Removal and CV Boot Change.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
capesthorne

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue
L322 Rear Driveshaft Removal and CV Boot Change.

Good morning all,

First time owning a Range Rover (2007 TDV8), first post on FFRR. I bought my car in December from a friend who immigrated to NZ and luckily for me he got the car serviced at Land Rover, so at least I have some traceability and confidence that it has had decent bits fitted.

The last MOT detailed that the offside/rear/outer CV boot was split, but nothing else that needed attention. I also had the car checked over at Challenger 4x4 in Tongham who were great and gave me a list of things to look at, although none of the items listed were urgent.

I did the usual search on the forum and couldn’t find anything that details what needs to be done to remove a rear driveshaft.

So my first question is to request some guidance on changing the CV boot on the offside rear. I have purchased a GKN kit that has both boots in the kit, so I may as well change both. I haven’t had time to do the job in one go, so have been doing bits as I have had time. The upper suspension arm is disconnected, hub nut removed and the stabiliser drop link removed, then I ran out of daylight. So the questions I have in my head are:

• What else needs to be disconnected to allow for the removal of the driveshaft? There’s not much left that I can see, just the lower rose joint and the various brake connections, then you have a completely disconnected hub.

• Looking at where the inner CV joint connects to the differential, there doesn’t seem to be a large enough gap to easily use two pry bars to persuade the joint to ‘pop’ out. What is the best way to remove the joint?

• Looking forward, once the driveshaft is off, does the CV joint ‘simply knock off the driveshaft to allow the new boot to be fitted? I am assuming there is a clip of some kind that needs to be removed first.

Once I have done the job ‘I’ll do a structured write-up so others in the same situation have something to read through.

Many thanks Smile

Post #541140 20th Jan 2020 9:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1