Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Think carefully , unusual braking problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
alfapat

Scotland 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Further to my issues with handling , the suspension thinks it has to go as high as it can , making it very uneasy driving around , I’m hoping the alignment sorts all this !
More than this if the suspension Ecus is a bit confused , what would be the best advice to put this back to basics,.... remove the negative battery lead for 20mns ?
Will do anyway.
Regards Pat

Has anyone had the above problem , that after rear bush and tie rod replacement the suspension goes into lock up!

Post #546942 12th Mar 2020 7:58pm
alfapat

Went for alignment but alas the suspension was too high and this can’t be done. I tried to deflate the corners and raised to normal height for alignment (standard height)
I have gone into the IID Tool and reset heights to the measuring tape and applied the settings , which are significantly lower than I had , I just hope they stay at that level after a drive ! Which it didn’t before , it went beyond the off road in my opinion while showing standard middle setting on the console.
Does anyone relate to this to give me re- assurance of following this path ?

Post #547014 13th Mar 2020 5:27pm
alfapat

Hi everyone , I am looking for a workaround to to remove a front strut to ascertain where the leak is coming from , whether it's the feed hose connection or indeed the bag itself.
Can I take the strut off by jacking the suspension up and removing th air suspension fuse and jacking up the front to drop the strut and test the connection on the top to see if it's seeping air , to which I know it's the corner at fault but unsure whether it's the feed pipe (which is obscured) in the turret or whether it's the rubber bag.
Pat

Sorry this thread is all over the place but I have to sort this leak before I get alignment .

Last edited by alfapat on 18th Mar 2020 9:50am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #547479 17th Mar 2020 9:37pm
Laurie915

Australia 2010 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Al
This might help !

Laurie

Post #547496 18th Mar 2020 12:57am
alfapat

Many thanks for video, I have seen it but never watched till the end. I’m hoping I can remove or get access to it especially the top pipe connection . This corner which is the culprit was replaced last August , so I have to prove it’s faulty unless It’s connected badly and can be refitted.
F
As usual buy cheap you get sh#te, messaged seller to get an illustration of the seal set up on the strut and all you get Ill sell you another one , despite it has a 2yr warranty . As I have yet to prove its faulty I cant challenge them , I found a leak at the top nut and large washer but not helped , it is still going down on the same corner and no clues.

Post #547504 18th Mar 2020 9:20am
alfapat

I have managed to get the L322 to to an Alignment with my front nearside still less than was originally set after manual height setting on IID Tool 24mm out .The alignment centre advised a steering angle reset was needed after alignment so this has been done after I reset the height on each corner twice with the door open.
I am thinking that the strut and airbag combined may have to be replaced as a combined buy and refit.
Yet to drive vehicle since alignment, but steering was pulling a little .The front has been adjusted as well as rears and was set straight head on the machine which I understand so hopefully that side of things will resolve as I am told the steering angle needs to be reset on the computer..
I am so sick of these cheap airbag or eastern buy , ....my own fault , just trying to run on a budget !

As a foot note this morning going to work and then sent home because I cant now the car was still drawing to the left but noticed and measured the height on the troubled front L corner that it wasnt at full height . Went round a left corner at reasonable speed and the suspension locked out /inactive etc.. I got to work and switching the car off the suspension rose to height and the car went to sleep. On the way home I still detect a draw to the left but the suspension height is spot on.
Can anyone suggest what is maybe going on given the circumstances

Post #548146 24th Mar 2020 4:34pm
alfapat

Looks like the leak is from the top seals from behing the damper thread . Dismantled the bag and the seals are all damaged , so the only way I
can replace all seals is to buy a replacement bag complete. Since I cant get an illustration of how the seals all lie in sequence to each other I will have to buy a complete strut and bag.

Post #548238 25th Mar 2020 1:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12