Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Novel method to by-pass MOST bluetooth connector
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bigbo

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue
Novel method to by-pass MOST bluetooth connector

Checking for a reason why my Bluetooth was not working I found this method of by-passing the fibre network

It looks like the cable ends have been superglued in place. Has anyone got any suggestion on how to undo this bodge?

I was quite happy to just cut them both off and re-terminate the cables, especially as I had found a supplier on the internet, but unfortunately I have lost the link, so if anyone knows of a supplier I would be grateful for a link. The supplier I found had the cable, connector blocks, the cable terminators and the correct cutting tool making the job nice and easy.

Thanks
David

EDIT - supplier found, so I will now order the parts to repair this. They are carutotrim on eBay.

Post #543237 6th Feb 2020 5:34pm
bigbo

Finally got around to fixing this issue, so thought I would post the solution for anyone coming across my original post.

I cut the bodged plug off both the feed and return cables, stripped back and fixed new pins on the cable ends.
Added a new plug. For those that don't know this comprises an inner connector block into which the pins are inserted and locked with a small blue locking device.
This inner connector is then inserted into the outer block that then plugs into the Bluetooth module.

Once I had fixed the connector I found that the Bluetooth module is working (nearly) so I have no idea why this bodge was applied in the first place.

The Bluetooth module appeared to work just fine, I could connect my phone, and it downloaded my contacts that I could then scroll through. It would also show my text messages which I did not expect as I thought this was not supported my MY.

But not all is great, if I call a contact control is passed to my phone so it does not use the speakers and microphone of the car and whilst I can write a text message there is no way of sending it using the contact list.

I guess I have a hardware issue and need a new BT module

Regards
David Range Rover 4.2 Supercharged 2006
Ford Focus EcoBoost 1.5 2017
MG TF 2003

Previous Cars of note
Land Rover Discovery 2
Jaguar Mk2 3.8 - Company car
MG Midget 1974 - Concours

Post #546655 10th Mar 2020 6:51am
Discotigger

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

It could be that your Bluetooth Module needs flashed to install the latest software to support android phones, etc. If you get an IID BT Diagnostic Tool you can flash the Bluetooth ECU using the Tool. Great Diagnostic Tool as well, recommended for anyone with a Rangie. Thumbs Up
I updated the Bluetooth Module on my old MY05 TD6 Rangie as it wouldn't function properly with my newer phones, Sony Experia models with Android. Should also work to allow iPhones to work as well.

Check out this thread as well just put on today:
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic54844.html

Post #546761 11th Mar 2020 8:42am
bigbo

Thanks, a reflash may well work, but I cannot justify buying an iid tool having not long ago invested in an Icarsoft i930.

In hindsight the IID may have been the better buy, but at the time the icarsoft will connect to any JLR vehicle so is far more flexible whilst looking for a car to buy.

Maybe next year...….. Range Rover 4.2 Supercharged 2006
Ford Focus EcoBoost 1.5 2017
MG TF 2003

Previous Cars of note
Land Rover Discovery 2
Jaguar Mk2 3.8 - Company car
MG Midget 1974 - Concours

Post #546814 11th Mar 2020 5:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1