Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > A big hello from me and my new pride and joy..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
allycraven

Scotland 
A big hello from me and my new pride and joy..

Thought i'd drop a couple of lines to say hello to you all as at the weekend I became the proud father of my first FFRR. After 9 months of patiently monitoring this forum (one of the best might i add!) and waiting for the right vehicle one finally fell into my lap at a price that just couldn't be ignored.

I picked up an MY07 Java Black 4.4l V8 Petrol Vogue, 1 previous owner from new, on 50k miles with S/C grill and vents, privacy glass back and front (tasteful, i promise!) and 20" corners for £25k from Town & County in Aberdeen. Pleasure doing business with them - especially given the superb p/ex figure for my A3 Quattro, 2 yrs extended warranty, INSP II service, new tyres on the back and discs/pads on the front! I'll post some pics when i get a chance to 'properly' detail the car and get it looking like it should.

First impressions are simply fantastic, only had a couple of days to play with it and can't wait for next weekend to get some quality time together!!!!

I'm sure this will be the first post of many, but i need to get posts up ASAP so that i can contact Wiggs to get the bluetooth module sorted for pairing issues/phonebook access and then divide opinions on side steps/chrome tubes...after that is anyones guess, but the only thing i know is that it wont impress SWMBO and the bank manager..

Post #58740 4th Apr 2011 7:20pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

a very warm welcome mate...sounds like a nice range and i'll look forward to the pics... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #58741 4th Apr 2011 7:23pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Fit like Furra Boots , welcome to the forum be good to see pics asap .......... Thumbs Up ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #58742 4th Apr 2011 7:28pm
p-trax

Japan 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Welcome Ally, pics are a pre-requisite Thumbs Up Gerry

Post #58763 4th Apr 2011 8:48pm
bozmandb9

Re: A big hello from me and my new pride and joy..

allycraven wrote:
Thought i'd drop a couple of lines to say hello to you all as at the weekend I became the proud father of my first FFRR. After 9 months of patiently monitoring this forum (one of the best might i add!) and waiting for the right vehicle one finally fell into my lap at a price that just couldn't be ignored.

I picked up an MY07 Java Black 4.4l V8 Petrol Vogue, 1 previous owner from new, on 50k miles with S/C grill and vents, privacy glass back and front (tasteful, i promise!) and 20" corners for £25k from Town & County in Aberdeen. Pleasure doing business with them - especially given the superb p/ex figure for my A3 Quattro, 2 yrs extended warranty, INSP II service, new tyres on the back and discs/pads on the front! I'll post some pics when i get a chance to 'properly' detail the car and get it looking like it should.

First impressions are simply fantastic, only had a couple of days to play with it and can't wait for next weekend to get some quality time together!!!!

I'm sure this will be the first post of many, but i need to get posts up ASAP so that i can contact Wiggs to get the bluetooth module sorted for pairing issues/phonebook access and then divide opinions on side steps/chrome tubes...after that is anyones guess, but the only thing i know is that it wont impress SWMBO and the bank manager..

What do you mean ONE of the best forums! Wink

Sounds like a great price, and a fantastic spec! Will you detail it yourself or outsource that to the pro's? I just got mine done, and was delighted at the result, looked like new (better than most cars are presented in showrooms in fact). Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #58783 4th Apr 2011 9:51pm
allycraven

Scotland 

Cheers guys, fingers crossed for some decent weather up north this weekend so that I can actually get the car cleaned up and photos taken before the sun goes down!

Bozman - don't think paint care and protection was high on previous owners to-do list and the dealer prep wasn't up to much (why oh why oh why can they not learn how to polish a motor properly....) so there is a lot of de-swirling to do. Plan is to give it a go myself, problem is the huge increase in surface area compard to my old car - will have to budget a bit more time and effort than before (or just miss out the roof!!!)

Bottle of perfume from duty free on the way home should buy me at least most of Saturday to spend on it before I get dragged off to the shops....

Post #58801 4th Apr 2011 10:27pm
bozmandb9

allycraven wrote:
Cheers guys, fingers crossed for some decent weather up north this weekend so that I can actually get the car cleaned up and photos taken before the sun goes down!

Bozman - don't think paint care and protection was high on previous owners to-do list and the dealer prep wasn't up to much (why oh why oh why can they not learn how to polish a motor properly....) so there is a lot of de-swirling to do. Plan is to give it a go myself, problem is the huge increase in surface area compard to my old car - will have to budget a bit more time and effort than before (or just miss out the roof!!!)

Bottle of perfume from duty free on the way home should buy me at least most of Saturday to spend on it before I get dragged off to the shops....

Mine took two guys 4-5 hours working very hard with all the gear. Don't underestimate the time it takes with a RR, as you said, it's quite some surface area! After washing my car on Sunday, did my wife's Passat, wow, normal cars are so easy after a RR! Maybe get the wife Champagne as well from the Duty Free, or visit the jewellers, and get pink slip for the whole weekend! Wink Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #58815 4th Apr 2011 10:50pm
BigJ

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Stornoway Grey

Welcome mate! Used to have:
2005 FFRR 4.4 Vogue - BRC LPG Conversion & Remapped

Now have:
2008 SSRR 3.6 TDV8 - HSE and plenty of toys

Post #59020 6th Apr 2011 11:01am
Porridge

Ireland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

Welcome and Congrats.
Sounds like a nice FFRR.