Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Range Rover Classic > 1989-1993 vogue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
ilard

United Kingdom 

I want to be covid locked down in Stephen.Gazard‘s garage. I can bring my own toilet paper supply. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #548623 28th Mar 2020 10:41pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Are there just two models, vogue and Vogue SE? As some have the thick teddy bear trim and others leather, i have seen both trims with wood and also some without the electric seats , then i have seen an S advertised!.
There seems to be a nice soft dash one about it has leather and wood but its not advertised as an SE. Idea

Thanks.

Post #548641 29th Mar 2020 9:56am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

The first RR I bought new was called "3.9 Efi" so neither Vogue nor SE, it had manual transmission and cloth seats. That would be 90/91, four door. As posted above the engine and drivetrain were great, the only problem over almost 10 years was coils shorting out due to condensation when mild damp weather followed hard frost, and even that only happened once. Corrosion was the problem though, even though the chassis and underside had been waxoyled from new. Happy memories, the most reliable RR i have owned. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #548669 29th Mar 2020 12:52pm
caymanblack

Hi cs thanks for the info. Have you seen the RR that Peter Vardy Heritage is advertising by any chance? Thumbs Up

Post #548671 29th Mar 2020 1:08pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

My girlfriend's BMW goes to PV from time to time and when I am there with it I tend to look at what is in the 'Heritage' showroom. They have had a few Classics and I have looked inside/under some of them. The prices seemed a bit much to me, and I wonder if their cars are really aimed at people who want them as an investment, where they will sit unused in the hope prices keep rising, rather than for driving. They look good from a distance, but one would need to check them carefully.

While I enjoy happy memories of my Classics, I don't have room for another car, I'd worry that environmental rules will make it impossible to drive cars not meeting modern emissions standards (as already happens in some cities in France and Germany) and the classic car market cycle has got pretty high, as it did for example in the late 80s, so I would not be attracted by one as an investment, not that I'm awash with cash anyway. My own one went to the Isle of Skye after I traded it in for my P38 and has probably disintegrated in the climate up there long ago... Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #548677 29th Mar 2020 1:46pm
Davlyn

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

Caymanblack - I run the Devon & Cornwall region of the Range Rover Register. A fellow member contacted me last night to say he is looking to sell his Classic over the coming months as he has a restored Aston on it’s way and doesn’t have room to accommodate both.
He’s not interested in advertising it on any of the online auction sites and would rather it went to an enthusiast. From what he has told me it’s a real gem.
The vehicle in question is a 1987 3.5EFI auto, Vogue, with grey velour interior, 89,000 miles from new. Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

PM me if you want more details.

Cheers

Dave

Post #549023 31st Mar 2020 10:28pm
caymanblack

Trommel wrote:
My hard dash LSE is on air, with ABS and air con, and I wouldn't want it not to have them.

What are these like Trommel, 4.2 engine is it reliable and is the air a big problem? thx.

Post #549552 6th Apr 2020 6:21pm
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

How about this
https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/range-rover-30th-anniversary
Or This

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/range-rover-vogue-lse

Post #549570 6th Apr 2020 10:05pm
caymanblack

Thanks Tinman , yes two very nice cars even though ones a P38 . Thumbs Up

Post #549597 7th Apr 2020 10:15am
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

caymanblack wrote:

What are these like Trommel, 4.2 engine is it reliable and is the air a big problem? thx.

4.2 is just a 3.9 with a longer stroke, there’s nothing really to suggest it’s more or less reliable - mine has done a lot of miles and is fine (but they’re all slow by current standards).

The air suspension is very simple, but many will be tired and/or neglected - there’s nothing particularly difficult to resolve. Biggest issue is probably finding a diagnostic cable with the correct plug (if you don’t want to shove individual wires into the socket).

Post #549627 7th Apr 2020 3:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12