Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Test PAG Hybrid Tuner?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DonPedro

United Kingdom 
Test PAG Hybrid Tuner?

When the infotainment system on my L322 2010 TDV8 failed, I assumed a problem with the MOST optical circuit. Following the MOST system around, the Touchscreen Display (TSD), the Compact Disc Autoplayer (CD), the DAB radio all showed red light. I could only detect the red light into the Telephone Module when I by-passed the PAG Hybrid (AH42-19C063-AC). On by-passing the PAG Hybrid, the infotainment system was immediately restored, but with the TV facility greyed out on the TSD.
There are PAG Hybrids (......-AC, and -AE) on the bay of e, but before going for a replacement I want to check whether or not my PAG Hybrid module itself has randomly failed, or if there is another reason for this failure.
What is the best way to check the functioning of the PAG Hybrid module Question

Post #549637 7th Apr 2020 4:31pm
Bushy30

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Galway Green

I'd bypass the telephone module and plug the PAG back in, it's usually the telphone module that causes issues ! Current: 2011 FFRR Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8
Previous: -
2004 FFRR Vogue 4.4 V8 with LPG
1997 P38 4.0 SE with LPG
1997 P38 4.6 Vogue with LPG

Post #549643 7th Apr 2020 5:47pm
DonPedro

United Kingdom 

Thanks Bushy30. I tried exactly that, because others have pointed at the phone module as the likely culprit in other failure cases. In my case, when I by-passed the phone module and re-attached the PAG, the whole system went down again. This re-inforces my suspicion that there is a fault with the PAG (or something associated with the PAG module), but I don't know how to test for this.

Post #549649 7th Apr 2020 6:03pm
paulbrown22

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

When my PAG TV module failed in my 2011 5.0 S/C, all the rest of the infotainment was absolutely fine and the MOST circuit itself was good, but I just got nothing from the TV - very limited TV options/buttons on the display, and no actual channels.

I ended up replacing with a suitable unit off Ebay, and it's been fine for the 2 years since.

So maybe just another broken TV unit that's failed in a slightly different way?

Post #549677 7th Apr 2020 10:49pm
DonPedro

United Kingdom 

Re: paulbrown22. Land Rover claim that the serial number of each MOST component is stored on the Central Junction Box (CJB). They claim that each time we turn on the ignition, the Integrated Head Unit (IHU) reads the serial numbers of all modules in the ring and compares with the stored numbers in the CJB. They say we need LR Diagnostics to change stored serial numbers when we replace components.
Am I correct in assuming that you did not require LR Diagnostics to force your vehicle CJB to recognise the PAG replacement?

Post #549709 8th Apr 2020 11:35am
paulbrown22

Nope, I hadn't heard that before, and many other people on here seemed to just replace the TV tuner unit.

So I did the same, a straight swap of the component in the rear left cubby, and no issues at all with it being recognised and working correctly - it sprang into life as soon as I turned on the car.

Post #549710 8th Apr 2020 11:38am
DonPedro

United Kingdom 

Re: paulbrown22 - very interesting. Perhaps LR make the MOST serial number security threat as part of their job creation scheme!

I will pursue your suggestion of swapping the PAG............but I'd still like to tie down why and where originally the fault occurred in such a random fashion.

Post #549711 8th Apr 2020 11:48am
paulbrown22

Yes, afraid I gave up with investigating why my original one died, as soon as I put in a replacement that worked!

Would be nice to know what causes these units to fail though, as several people seem to have had issues with them.

Post #549725 8th Apr 2020 2:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1