Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Removing a factory-fit tracker?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dsm

United Kingdom 
Removing a factory-fit tracker?

My L322 has been parked up (Covid lockdown!) for the last 8 weeks and the battery has dropped to 11V. I appreciate that's a long time to leave it sat there, but it's got a brand new battery and my other car (an old Jaguar) manages to keep its charge for months. I'll jump start it this weekend, but I'd like to identify the worst culprits draining the battery. I live in a city and it's parked on a nearby road, so a trickle charger/conditioner isn't really an option. I fitted a solar cell to help, but there are a lot of tall buildings around so it doesn't get much sun, either.

The documents that came with the car tell me that there's a tracker fitted. I don't have a subscription to the tracker service so it's of no use to me. I guess the tracker will have its own GPS and modem, and if they're 10 years old then they're probably not very energy efficient. Seems like a good candidate, unless anyone has any better ideas.

I can't find the tracker in the wiring diagrams, I assume it's deliberately well-hidden. Can anyone give me any pointers for finding it and disconnecting it?

For the record: yes it is my own RR, I'm not a dodgy car thief! Laughing

Post #553958 15th May 2020 1:01pm
Rapiscan

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

I found a, tracker glued up under the rear offside, shelf inside the cubby locker, small black box the size of a, cig packet,wires,going to it obviously, in my 2007tdv8,it has printed on it" tracker" and, some obscure numbers?? No idea if it works, no idea how to get it to work or contact "the tracker company", so it sits, there, I've considered cutting it out.. 2008 L322 Vogue 3.6 TDV8 in Java Black with parchment and Navy interior. 125000mls.

I used to be indecisive and have a split personality... but we are ok now...I think?

Post #553984 15th May 2020 4:06pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

The 322 did not have factory fit trackers. The LR approved system was from Trackstar and was a post-build fit, typically at dealers. Trackstar were taken over but if you Google 'Trackstar car trackers' you will find the company that now operates the system. Subject to verification of ownership etc they ought to be able to help you. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #553989 15th May 2020 4:39pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

As above, the Unlike the 405 the 322 wasn’t fitted with a tracker at the factory.

Where it might be is down to the folks who fitted it, maybe the dealer, maybe a 3rd party installer. So you will have to have a hunt. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #554002 15th May 2020 5:32pm
JNC

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Nara Bronze

Whereabouts in the country are you?
Does your paperwork state what company it is from?

Post #556446 4th Jun 2020 8:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1