Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Identify please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
4434Morrison

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Hi Simon,

I have two - 2010 Vogue 3.6 TDV8 purhased in 2017 and the 2012 Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8 purchased last year.

Am looking for a P38 as a project. Wish I had never sold my P38 in 2005 as it would have been worth a fortune now.... Smile 2012 4.4 TDV8 Vogue SE Current
2015 E220 with AMG Sport Pack - Currently driven by my son
2010 3.6 TDV8 Vogue - Written off by my son

Post #558568 22nd Jun 2020 8:11am
Simon_CSK

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Adriatic Blue

Morrison
I have owned my CSK since 2002 and unfortunately is a pile of rust but am seeking a new body shell.
I have 2 P38's one of which I have used to rebuild my P38 which was looking great until I had it valetted and the BECM got flooded.
I bought my first L322 in February, my second last month and this one I collect this week. I intend now to sell the other two as this one is an absolute cracker with low mileage. Current cars
Range Rover Sport HSE TDV8
Range Rover TDV8 Vogue
Range Rover P38 Vogue
Range Rover CSK
Discovery 3 HSE

Post #558570 22nd Jun 2020 8:17am
4434Morrison

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Good Luck with the new one Simon and also in selling the other two :0
Very best....

John 2012 4.4 TDV8 Vogue SE Current
2015 E220 with AMG Sport Pack - Currently driven by my son
2010 3.6 TDV8 Vogue - Written off by my son

Post #558577 22nd Jun 2020 10:00am
Simon_CSK

MPx wrote:
I've got the body kit on mine and the standard LR tow bar with removable swan neck. Its a bit of a pain of an arrangement compared to no body kit, but it works well enough. To fit/use the tow bar you need to 1/4 turn the four location pins on the undertray and pull it off - you cant have it and the tow bar fitted at the same time. Then everything is just about get at-able to use the tow bar /electrics as normal. If you want to replace the undertray once the tow bar receiver has been fitted but the swan neck removed, then you'll need to cut a slot in the undertray the width of the receiver to allow it to slide back into position. I think its all a bit fugly without the undertray in place but if you're not bothered its a lot less pfaff to leave it off. A couple of old pics.

Bodykit where you can see the slot cut in the undertray for the receiver

With the swan neck fitted. I always tape up the bumper when using the tow bar because there's very little clearance to fit the tow arm and it avoids most of the inevitable scratches.

Got the car last night and when checking out the boot found the box for the receiver hitch bolted in without the hitch in place. Went looking further and found towbar and electrics in place so just need the receiver and the hook to complete. As this will not be used as a general towcar I will just remove the bumper trim and fit the receiver as and when necessary. Current cars
Range Rover TDV8 Vogue
Range Rover P38 Vogue
Range Rover CSK
Discovery 3 HSE

Post #559098 26th Jun 2020 11:23am
MPx

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Waitomo Grey

Looks like you're well sorted then Simon. Sounds like you wont do it often, but fitting/removing the tray, receiver, and swan neck each time will take quite a few mins and mean getting under the car - inevitably in the wet - when you need it. So quite a disincentive to use it! Mike - MPx

2017 5.0 V8 Supercharged SVAutobigraphy Dynamic SVO Palette Grey (2021-...)
2012 5.0 V8 Supercharged Autoboigraphy Orkney Grey (2017-2021)
2007 4.2 V8 Supercharged Vogue SE Tonga Green (2012-2017)
2002 4.4 V8 Vogue Bonnatti Grey (2008-2012)

Post #559100 26th Jun 2020 11:49am
Simon_CSK

MPx wrote:
I've got the body kit on mine and the standard LR tow bar with removable swan neck. Its a bit of a pain of an arrangement compared to no body kit, but it works well enough. To fit/use the tow bar you need to 1/4 turn the four location pins on the undertray and pull it off - you cant have it and the tow bar fitted at the same time. Then everything is just about get at-able to use the tow bar /electrics as normal. If you want to replace the undertray once the tow bar receiver has been fitted but the swan neck removed, then you'll need to cut a slot in the undertray the width of the receiver to allow it to slide back into position. I think its all a bit fugly without the undertray in place but if you're not bothered its a lot less pfaff to leave it off. A couple of old pics.

Bodykit where you can see the slot cut in the undertray for the receiver

With the swan neck fitted. I always tape up the bumper when using the tow bar because there's very little clearance to fit the tow arm and it avoids most of the inevitable scratches.

Got the car last night and when checking out the boot found the box for the receiver hitch bolted in without the hitch in place. Went looking further and found towbar and electrics in place so just need the receiver and the hook to complete. As this will not be used as a general towcar I will just remove the bumper trim and fit the receiver as and when necessary. Current cars
Range Rover TDV8 Vogue
Range Rover P38 Vogue
Range Rover CSK
Discovery 3 HSE

Post #559105 26th Jun 2020 12:36pm
Greyskull

England 2009 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Hi I’ve just fitted one of these from powerful uk it’s called an exterior design kit looks better than the standard front set up.. I bought the bottom grille thinking it would fit onto a standard bumper but it didn’t so I have one for sale it’s brand new..they are for sale (exterior design bumper) with out the bottom grille on eBay

Post #559177 26th Jun 2020 9:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12