Home > General (L405) > buying advice please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Wilpert

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey
buying advice please

OK,

I am currently a RR sport TDVV8 owner, its my high mileage (over 160k) work horse - so i will keep this but now the missus has decided she wants to sell or trade her Macan S d (loveley car but anyway), for a RR vogue, SE or Autobiography spec.

My intention is to go for something 2016 or later (due to euro 6 and ULEZ as she works in London.

My dilemma, is do we get a lower mileage circa 40k SE spec in and SDV6 for around 38k or do we spend an extra 4k and get a slightly higher mileage 50k Autobiography in the SDV8, same year same colour just different mileage and engine sizes.

In fact as she isnt really a petrol head anyway, should I just ditch the idea of a V8 and just save £££s

This is turning into a bit of a headache so any help appreciated.

Post #558574 22nd Jun 2020 9:20am
jackcramerr

I personally do not see a need for 4.4.

3.0 should be ok. But autobiography looks good. Looks and options matter a lot to me.

I assume this is for long journey. As diesel in London fail due to short journey. But you might know better.

Post #558578 22nd Jun 2020 10:03am
recordman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

The only real way to decide is to test drive both engines.

The TDV6 has a reputation for breaking its crankshafts and requires belt changes, whereas the SDV8 is mostly bullet proof. 2017 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #558582 22nd Jun 2020 11:13am
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

You need to drive them both and decide which engine you prefer. Lots of discussion on here about preferences but the only conclusion is that it’s a personal choice.

Spec wise there probably won’t be much in it between the SE and AB. Again, a personal choice. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #558583 22nd Jun 2020 11:14am
Wilpert

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Hello,

thanks for replies, FWIW I currently drive a 2007 RR sport TDV8, im just outside London so do a 14 mile commute to work, then run around in it most of the day but its an old one and will not comply with ULEZ charges. basically its a big gas guzzler but i will run it until it dies.

The Vogue is for the missus and I am now thinking I should push the boat out and pay the extra for a PHEV car because of the potential future hike in costs if they move the goalposts with the ULEZ charging zones.

I have found some well specced Euro 5 vogues at a decent price and when i entered the registration into the ULEZ website, it came back that there would be no charge but I find that hard to understand because i thought all vehicles had to be Euro 6. does anybody out there know the answer to this?

Post #558589 22nd Jun 2020 12:41pm
jackcramerr

Stick with EU6.

If you can get the p400e autobiography, even though I have never driven one, I'd get that as opposed to 3.0.

Of course... then if it were me I'd get 5.0 instead of 4.4. But that might not be needed for your better half.

Post #558599 22nd Jun 2020 2:41pm
recordman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

If you're thinking about getting a PHEV, have a look at posts from our member Ilard. He's got a PHEV and lives in London. 2017 SDV8 Autobiography

Post #558623 22nd Jun 2020 5:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1