Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Chirping / restricted performance / HVAC inoperative
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rambles

2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Chirping / restricted performance / HVAC inoperative

Not sure if these are related....
Stealer is gradually replacing bits and pieces on the car, but problem doesn’t go away.
Maybe these items are related, maybe not....
Here goes

Occasionally on start up I get restricted performance. I have not experienced the car flashing up restricted performance / going into limp mode en route if it has started ok. If warning ⚠️ has come up on start up, performance however on the move is great, it drives beautifully. If I wait a bit before start up, when the warning ⚠️ sigh will go out when I press the brake to start, I don’t get the restricted warning. I only get the message if I start up immediately, sometimes. Seems to make no difference if this is from cold or hot. Stealer changed an exhaust gas sensor, but this makes no difference.
Separately, or maybe connected, I have a chirping noise coming from the accessory belt. I had an independent change the belt and tensioner, but not the pulleys. The general chirping and squealing went away. Now I just get a chirping when turning left. No chirping when driving straight ahead or turning right, just when turning left. Steering a little to the left is sometimes enough.
Separately, or maybe connected, the HVAC unit occasionally stops working. When the chirping is coming from the wherever, the HVAC works fine. If the chirping stops, the HVAC stops. Fan for internal air from behind the dash stops. But fan for the rear works just fine. When chirping starts, HVAC is good !
Take recent journey to sainsbury and back. Jump in, and wait for a minute. First drive for a few days. When warning ⚠️ sign goes out with brake push, I start car. No restricted performance, no chirping, no HVAC. Go to sainsbury. Come back to car after shop. Fire it straight up. Restricted performance ! Excessive squeeling when car still on handbrake, HVAC kicks into life and then squeeling slowly goes away. Drive back home with full performance available.
Any ideas?

Post #560308 5th Jul 2020 4:42pm
Joe90

England 

Chirping/HVAC

Your AC clutch/compressor is probably on the way out .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #560309 5th Jul 2020 4:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1