Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Sytner reversed psychology
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
jim4244

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

To be honest the Northampton Guy Salmon LR dealership has been going downhill for a couple of years now ever since the old Dealer Principle, Alex, was transferee up to the Coventry site.

Jim

Post #562030 19th Jul 2020 9:42am
725browning

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

You are right on that Jim. I used to deal with susi and she was old school. She knew how to deal with customers and always made sure You got the price you were happy with. In the past few months 2 other key staff have gone and it shows. The sales staff are very good but they are being let down by the service dept driving people away. Thumbs Up

Post #562068 19th Jul 2020 10:06pm
Martin2

England 

So, as I live near Northampton, what the best option for servicing? Bedford is broadly the same distance or should I take it back to Duckworths Boston which was the supplying dealer which is 60 miles away? MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #562075 19th Jul 2020 10:25pm
jim4244

England 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

Wow. I bought all my cars through Suzzie and she always gave me a great deal.

I think that when the new Dealer Principle came in he also brought across a bunch of his “jack the lad” buddies and slotted them into key positions. They in turn brought in a bunch of young, attractive girlies and Suzzie was ousted.

A sad state of affairs in the 21st Century displayed by a blue chip company 😡

Jim

Post #562106 20th Jul 2020 12:45pm
LiftedDisco

England 

Firstly, you’ve done really well to have managed to buy anything from Northampton - I’ve tried them for 2 x FL2’s; 2 x D4’s and a D5 and never managed to do the deal, finding more interested folks at other dealers.

Having said that, I’d always used them for service (whilst new) and they used to be really good but I think they have had a wholescale change of personnel and that’s also gone down the pan...

Depending on the age of your RR and location around Northampton, I’d suggest you speak to Mick at Loughran Brothers in Towcester as there isn’t much they don’t know about LR products - I’ve used them for 25 years or longer on our other LRs and cannot fault them.

Hope this helps...

Post #562109 20th Jul 2020 1:28pm
Martin2

England 

Thanks.

It's only 18 months old so I want to stick with a main dealer, just need to find the right one. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid

Post #562111 20th Jul 2020 1:59pm
chugga90

United Kingdom 

Well you have 18 months to find one, probably under any other circumstance you could find one. Doubt you will with JLR? Rolling Eyes

Post #562134 20th Jul 2020 6:32pm
725browning

I contacted uk customer care today to let them know what had gone on with the service dept. I wanted them to open a case but instead they asked for proof that the pads and discs were fine and that the forward alert had not been on before it went in for updates. They suggested an independent report before they opened a case at my expense. What a joke. Its deja vu for me Bec I used to watch the nhbc attend new build sites representing house owners suffering at the hands of builders. I wrote a report on a faulty air source system in MK once as part of a huge list the owner gave to the nhbc rep. Two hrs later I saw both the nhbc rep and the the house builders construction director walking into the cherry tree in Olney as I drove through and the poor house owner had been thoroughly shafted. The bigger the company the easier it is to get away with murder. They are all in bed with each other and we are also shafted. I don't know anyone who has done it but it can't be that difficult to plant sound and vision in a car then send it for service or am I missing something legal there. Thumbs Up

Post #562139 20th Jul 2020 7:19pm
BIGMAMMA

England 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

You can only speak as you find.
My personal experiences of Marshalls in Melton Mowbray, where I've bought 6 LR's in as many years of dealing with them, is that they are exceptionally good at what they do. My initial dealings were at the service department, having a warranty issue with the supercharger on my 2010 L322, which I'd bought from Harwoods in Surrey. Marshalls have JLR's consistently best technician of the year working for them, and what he doesn't know about RR's is not worth knowing.
Sean in service reception is fantastic, the service manager, Gary, is brilliant and all the technicians know their stuff. Sales and finance departments are really good, and I have absolutely no complaints and loads of praise. I'm in the vehicle industry and these guys really are the exception to the rule you've all related to.
Well worth the 40 minute journey each way to be assured my cars are being looked after by people who know the product and pride themselves on the service they provide - and its closer to you than Boston 725 BROWNING!!!
Best to all '17 RANGE ROVER L405 SDV8 AB LOIRE BLUE with INDUS SILVER ROOF
'14 RANGE ROVER L405 VSE 3.0TDV6 SANTORINI / INDUS (gone)
'17 LAND ROVER DISCO SPORT HSE DYNAMIC LUX, BLACK PACK (Wifey's)
'16 RANGE ROVER EVOQUE 2.0 AB, FIRENZE RED (Daughter's)
'17 DISCOVERY 5 HSE LUX, MONTELCINO RED (gone)
'16 DISCOVERY 4 LANDMARK SANTORINI (gone)
'10 L322 5.0 SC AB STORNOWAY GREY / ALMOND (very relunctantly gone)
'04 4.4 V8 VOGUE EPSOM GREEN / CREAM (reluctantly gone)

Post #562832 27th Jul 2020 3:36pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Might be worth a shout for me too as Inchcape have just built a gin palace. As I said the first trip in so far was Fine and I might give them a go for a service next year, but if that doesn’t impress then Melton isn’t far. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #562843 27th Jul 2020 6:11pm
Martin2

England 

I like the new showrooms / Gin Palaces...... Shocked

Duckworths in Boston is one of the new JLR dealerships and it's very nice. Thankfully the service is still good, which is still the most important thing, but nothing wrong with having nice surroundings as well. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid

Post #562844 27th Jul 2020 6:47pm
725browning

I can see what you mean about Marshalls B M. I have been speaking to a sales chap at the Bedford branch since last wed. I am trying to find a defender and I have received a great response. Not sure if anyone here has dealt with Bedford but they have responded quickly and seem to be interested in the customers needs. As it's the defender I am after I have had a couple of dealers saying no discount, no contributions and basically take it or leave it. I have definitely found a difference in attitude from a chap called Dan in sales at Bedford. Fortunately, the car I am trading in is a vehicle I didn't have much luck in selling after I bought my new car so I can hang on and use it towards a defender. I might have to hang on and let the rush for the 110 to slow down though. Thumbs Up

Post #562846 27th Jul 2020 7:11pm
Chippy

2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

First off it’s not often I post comments (blame a once busy business) but thought for this topic I’d contribute.
I could write a book on main dealer tactics and the disdain they have for their customers but personally I wouldn’t entertain dealing with Marshall’s Melton ever again and I’d give Inchcape a wide steer as well. For me it’s Duckworth at Market Rasen each and every time, despite the distance.

Post #563880 7th Aug 2020 5:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12