Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Ground Loop issue - Finding Earth on IHU on a 2007
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
michaelpalmer7

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Rimini Red
Ground Loop issue - Finding Earth on IHU on a 2007

Hi,

I have recently installed the Navtool CarPlay unit and I’m very impressed at how well it works.

The one issue I’m having is some slight background noise (ground loop I believe).

Initially I added a Ground Loop isolator on the aux cable between the Navtool in the boot side locker and the IHU Behind the glovebox which did cure the noise but took so much out of the sound I have removed it.

I understand to cure it properly you need to ensure the devices at each end share the same earth so I have been digging through some wiring diagrams to try and figure out the earth on the IHU and whether it is accessible at the rear or if I need to run an earth cable from front to back but I’m at a bit of a loss.

The Navtool is currently earthed on a brown wire going into the DVD Nav and the IHU will be wherever it was earthed at the factory.

If anyone wiser and more experienced can help that would be fantastic.

It’s a 2007 L322 TDV8 Vogue SE by the way

Thanks

Post #563914 8th Aug 2020 9:46am
Djbonsu

United States 2005 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

I also had this same issue and used a ground loop isolator by Tru Connex (shown below) It worked great however I NEVER had issues before until the navtool and I believe their is something inside of the navtool interface that is causing this issue. Maybe try a different ground loop isolator that doesnt attenuate the signal as much. My unit defintly attentuated the signal but I plan to also add a ground loop isolator to the mic and a gain booster after the isolator for the aux signal. Personally I believe this is a navtool issue and that they should look into this and send out replacement units.

I found this in a RR 05MY Electric Circuit Diagrams

Also here is my review on the navtoool if interested.

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post563617.html#563617

Post #564116 10th Aug 2020 3:05pm
michaelpalmer7

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Rimini Red

Thanks for the info.

Managed to find diagram, it looks like everything shares the same earth (Head unit, Amp, CD, DVD changer etc.)

Interestingly though I can’t see the DVD Nav which is what I have tapped into. Maybe it is under a different name / abbreviation? 2007 Range Rover L322 TDV8 Vogue SE (Rimini Red)

Post #564136 10th Aug 2020 6:18pm
Djbonsu

United States 2005 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Yea, I was wondering the same. I checked through all of the pages but couldnt find anything

Post #564146 10th Aug 2020 7:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1