Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > This car is a lemon
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 
This car is a lemon

Every time we drive the car now there seems to be a new issue that crops up. These are todays latest issues. Managed to clear the suspension fault after a restart but when we restarted the car the infotainment screen wanted in on the action.

Car is not even 2 months old yet and has done less than 2k miles. Already had enough of it tbh. First world problems I know but it’s tiring wondering what is the next thing to go wrong every other time we get in to drive it.

Thought we were being clever getting one of the cars on the run out model, thinking the issues for this model were solved and that there would be teething issues with the new FFRR, however turns out we were wrong.

Any ideas on how to get the screen working? Left the car switched off for an hour but still no joy.

Cba dealing with the stealer either who are about much help as this car’s reliability.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

[/b]

Post #612325 11th Nov 2021 6:18pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

I had an "exciting" car like that (not knowing what would go wrong next on the screens!) with my 2018 car when the new facelift infotainment was introduced.

The latest 2021 car is perfect which leads me to think you have some of the old gremlins for some reason. I contacted LR HQ and rattled their cages to such an extent that they fixed it by replacing the whole ICU.

I suggest you do the same unless you have a dealer who will do the "rattling" for you, because quite honestly they will have to consult their Tech guys at Solihull to get the go ahead to do the work anyway.

Don't be put off, the car is superb once fixed but you paid a lot of money no doubt. and you deserve to get it totally to your satisfaction!! Thumbs Up All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #612337 11th Nov 2021 7:22pm
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 

Hey Chalky thanks for the reply!

Yeah we paid a lot of money for it so it’s a bit irritating to say the least that it’s having these issues. It’s been 5 hours now and it’s still ain’t fixed itself which makes me think something may actually be broken!?

Do you happen to have the number for LR HQ? The dealer we bought it from is absolutely useless so I don’t have much faith in them helping us unfortunately.

Thanks again.

Post #612340 11th Nov 2021 7:44pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

I'll pm you! All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #612343 11th Nov 2021 7:49pm
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 

So here’s an update since it happened 7ish hours ago. The screen is gradually becoming a bit clearer but still isn’t how it should be. I’ve had issues in the past where the screen just refuses to turn on but never an issue like this.

The best way I can describe it is it’s look like when you get screen burn in on your OLED tv. Except in this case it’s over the whole screen and the stuff that is “burned in” to the screen is upside down and back to front. Really weird.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #612360 11th Nov 2021 9:26pm
LT

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Give LR 2-3 chances to fix it all and if they can’t, reject it. I did this with a new D4, twice!

Post #612361 11th Nov 2021 9:47pm
ajac8

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

Yeah thats what I don't understand - 2 months old and you can't be ar*sed to deal with the MD? Surly its a warranty / faulty goods issue. 405 AB exec seats Baltic and Cirrus
93 RR Classic efi

Remember it's easier to get forgiveness than permission!

Gone in order:
4.4 TDV8 SE - gone to a good home
93 Classic hard dash Plymouth Blue
03 L322 Oslo Blue
2000 Disco TD5 ES Epsom Green
98 P38 Rioja Red
89 Classic Cairngorm Brown

Post #612432 12th Nov 2021 6:17pm
cass

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

There could be a link to your previous issue with the fogging windscreen?
Not using the the AC will have allowed a lot of moisture to gather inside the car, it will take quite a lot of miles with the ventilation system running properly to dry everything out and until then the damp in the car could be causing your issues.

Post #612437 12th Nov 2021 6:42pm
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 

LT wrote:
Give LR 2-3 chances to fix it all and if they can’t, reject it. I did this with a new D4, twice!

Edit: See below

Last edited by Hoyboy on 17th Nov 2021 2:02am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #612857 17th Nov 2021 1:39am
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 

ajac8 wrote:
Yeah thats what I don't understand - 2 months old and you can't be ar*sed to deal with the MD? Surly its a warranty / faulty goods issue.

Got a lot on atm without also having to travel backwards and forwards to the stealers. Problem seems to have resolved itself now but will keep an eye on it.

If you really wanna know the reason why I've got such a big problem with this dealership:

(Also to give some context we needed another car and as there was literally no stock in the country at the time, we were very lucky to find this car. In any other situation the way we were treated in the beginning, I wouldn't have even bothered buying it and would have told them to do one)

Purchase Experience:

Land Rover were offering a total contribution towards the car that consisted of a £4,500 finance contribution and a £2,500 dealer contribution. Both went hand in hand and one contribution could not be used without the other as was stated on the website. When we mentioned the £7,000 contribution to the sales bloke he said that the information on the website was out of date and Land Rover were no longer offering that contribution.

I then phone up another dealer in the same dealership group as them and asked them if what the sales bloke said was true. He confirmed that this was not true and that the offer is still valid. Spoke to the sales bloke again and he said they will do the finance contribution of £4,500 but they will not honour the £2,500 dealer contribution as its discretionary.

At this point in time I would have normally just told him to F off / get the car transferred to another one of the groups dealerships and buy it from someone that actually wants our business. However they were basically holding the car hostage as they knew there was no other stock in the country. At this point I decided to stop messing around. I phoned up Land Rover Customer Relations and told them the situation. No lie, within 2 minutes of speaking to them he sent us a message on WhatsApp saying they will now honour the full £7,000 contribution.

He then tried to make up some bulls*t story saying his manager misunderstood and thought we were asking for additional money on top of the £7,000 discount which makes zero sense as he originally said the the info on the website was out of date and there was no finance contribution.

At this point we were over it and just wanted to turn a blind eye to just get the car.

Fast forward to the day when we pick up the brand new car (FFAB D350):

Issues with car on pickup

- Car had 2 big dents on the sliding cupholder. Dealer agreed it was "Damaged from factory" and so they need to replace the whole centre console as it comes as one bit apparently (How was this not picked up before hand over??)
- Drivers seat is creaking if the massage function is on/or every time you brake
- The plastic tracks on the base of the seat were broken (How was this not picked up before hand over??)

Had to wait for these bits to be ordered in. At this moment in time they still haven't been fixed. To top it all off, even though we just bought a £115k car from them that was damaged from new they refused to give us a courtesy car. Spoke to head office again and they agreed that they had to give us a courtesy car however they were only prepared to give us a Toyota from enterprise and Land Rover Head Office said this was good enough service after spending 6 figures on the car.

Other Issues noticed whilst driving the car

- Several Red low battery warnings have flashed up on drivers display after doing a 1-2hr journey.
- Screen Issues mentioned above
- Suspension fault mentioned above
- Washer fluid is low after barely using it. Did they actually bother to put any in it?

More Dealer Problems

While this is all going on we send in our other car to get the brake pads replaced. Long story short they refused to change the pads without also changing the discs. On the health check they tried to charge us almost £800 more than what it would normally cost if we phone up their booking line. Spoke to the service manager and he said they are quoting the wrong price and would not honour the booking line price even though I had it confirmed in writing, hovever it made zero sense as the brake discs increased the total priced by £1,300 to a grand total of almost £2,100 Rolling with laughter . Told them to do one. Feel like they were trying to get payback over the fact we spoke to head office and made them give us the contribution for the other car.

Spoke to Land Rover Head office and they say they have no control over dealer prices and did not care that they tried to overcharge us by £800.

We bought £230k in value of cars from this dealer in the past year and this is how they treated us. This is why I don't want to deal with them.

Honestly this whole situation has made me never want to buy another car from this brand ever again.

Post #612859 17th Nov 2021 2:02am
Mr Tee

Scotland 

That’s the thing, until we vote with our feet, they don’t give 2 fooks. Hear similar stories quite a lot, I’d never have bought to be fair if it had been me with that treatment.

Post #612869 17th Nov 2021 9:09am
goddo

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Loire Blue

Sounds like a real horror story Hoyboy.
Maybe now is the time to name and shame?
I don't think this appalling attitude by Dealerships is confined JLR either.
My daughter bought a new Audi and was treated less than acceptably when a few niggles cropped up that, in the past, would have just been dealt with under warranty.
As someone said earlier "Walk away and take your money/custom elsewhere".
Trouble is , where to do go to get better treatment these days although I do accept that not all dealerships are the same.

Post #612884 17th Nov 2021 12:57pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Sorry Stan , a bit o/t but...

Was reading a thread on pistonheads the other lunchtime, bloke buys Rolls Royce dawn sight unseen from one of their dealers. Turns out the car was used previously as a hire car, quite a few faults along with evidence the dash had been taken out to fit a mileage blocker. Bloke was getting the run around to a level land rover would be proud of. Then the MD of RR got wind then lo and behold, guy gets a replacemnet , very much upgraded motor.

Have a gander:
https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic....;t=1890811

Post #612889 17th Nov 2021 1:23pm
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 

cass wrote:
There could be a link to your previous issue with the fogging windscreen?
Not using the the AC will have allowed a lot of moisture to gather inside the car, it will take quite a lot of miles with the ventilation system running properly to dry everything out and until then the damp in the car could be causing your issues.

Hmmm possibly. I have been leaving the A/C since it was mentioned to me on here but yeah who knows, kinda already given up with this car already.

Post #612890 17th Nov 2021 1:26pm
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 

Mr Tee wrote:
That’s the thing, until we vote with our feet, they don’t give 2 fooks. Hear similar stories quite a lot, I’d never have bought to be fair if it had been me with that treatment.

Yeah I agree. Really hard to find any good dealers these days though without travelling by the sounds of it. Any other situation I would have just walked away but due to the shortage of cars and needing one I just bit my tongue and went along with it.

Post #612891 17th Nov 2021 1:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>