Home > Off Topic > Autodoc - a word of warning
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue
Autodoc - a word of warning

Good afternoon, all!

If anybody is considering ordering parts from AutoDoc, I'd strongly advise against it as when you have problems, their customer service is non existent and they will never refund the entire cost of your order!

On 12th May I ordered 2 new height sensors for my P38. Upon fitting them to the car and following the correct tightening procedure as per the workshop manual, both sensors broke.

It turns out that the body of the height sensor stood proud of the mounting points which meant that they snapped when tightened. You can quite clearly see this when using a straight edge across the sensor in the images below:

After discussing this with the supplier they asked me to return the items to them using a prepaid shipping label. I packed the items and took them to the post office and 8 weeks later received an email stating that my claim had been accepted and that they'd be refunding my money.

5 days later I got a message from PayPal advising that I'd received a partial refund from Autodoc. When looking, the refund was £8.43 short of the amount that I'd paid. I questioned this and have been told that because Autodoc had to pay a courier to deliver the faulty items they sent me they won't be refunding the entire amount.

Click image to enlarge

So... in a nutshell, THEY send me parts that are quite clearly flawed, I then go out of my way to provide the packaging and make a trip to the Post Office to return the parts but they withhold the cost of postage from the refund.

It has taken me months to get to the point of actually getting a refund and now they are refusing to refund the cost of postage. Admittedly, it's less then £10, but it's the principle that stinks. Especially as it took them over 2 WEEKS to deliver the items to me in the first place!

I'd love to say this was the first issue I'd had with Autodoc but I've received broken parts from them in the past as well.

Buyers, be warned!

David. 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Last edited by dhallworth on 18th Sep 2020 4:45pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #567404 18th Sep 2020 4:42pm
Bloke

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Shocked That's not great.

Post #567405 18th Sep 2020 4:44pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

AUTODOC and their other sites are based in Germany, even the ones which purport to be Uk sites.

I’ve ordered plenty of parts off them in the past and they do take a while to arrive and generally they have been fine. But I did suspect that any off record dealings could be difficult. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #567423 18th Sep 2020 10:47pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Not good, been buying a fair bit from them recently .

Post #567431 19th Sep 2020 6:12am
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

I recently purchased some pressure sensors from buycarparts.co.uk (an autodoc company), once ordered it stated 7 days delivery, I needed them the next day so cancelled them within 3 minutes of ordering using their instructions to cancel. I expected to have to wait a few days for a refund, after 3 days I had an email stating the goods had been dispatched. I emailed them several times and finally got a reply saying refuse delivery. Unfortunately in this day and age it's not an option, drivers simply leave parcels on the doorstep not even knocking on the door or ringing the bell. I contacted Autodoc yet again, they said they would send return instructions, when I received the instructions I had to send them back to Germany. I insisted they sent me a shipping label which they eventually did after a lot of emails. Finally a week later a partial refund, they suggested I could leave the money on my account, er no thanks, wont be using them again.

I couldn't be bothered to chase them further. Dreadful company, very inefficient, take for ever to answer emails and this situation unforgiveable IMHO. BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #567433 19th Sep 2020 6:25am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Yes, the shipping takes ages cos it’s from Germany, Yes, the customer service is pants, no they can’t deal with returns Or cancellations we’ll. but generally are quite reasonable price wise. I’ve had many many parts for the beemer from them and they arrived fine, also arms and bits for the L322.

But once you get your head round it and realise that you need to get the order right, and it will take a while, they are generally Ok. I’ve never not had something turn up and usually they are cheaper.

Awful to deal with if you want anything out of the usual order process doing tho. Can’t think I’ve had to send anything back yet but have had to chase a few times and normally the item arrived before the response. All shipments to me have been DPD which means they were easy to track tho once they had left the warehouse. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #567451 19th Sep 2020 11:43am
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

Well, after sending AUTODOC the link to 6 forums and screenshots to several posts on Facebook, they have agreed to refund the cost of postage on the faulty items that they sent me.

If I’d ordered the wrong parts then I’d not be bothered about the postage, it’s less then a tenner, however when they’ve accepted the parts back as a warranty claim, keeping 8 quid from every return is a very profitable business model.

David. 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #567877 23rd Sep 2020 10:18pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Also had some problems with them - but they’re cheap...

Post #567880 23rd Sep 2020 10:57pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I’ve ordered lots and lots and lots from them. They’ve been really good and putting many a U.K. company to shame especially during the lock down period. Was always amazed how I can get parts quicker and cheaper from them from Germany (and the brand that I want) vs from euro car parts here in the U.K.

Would use them anytime over any U.K. company; prices are much better as well.

Post #568404 29th Sep 2020 11:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1