Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Twin speed transfer case judder
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
aljo

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE 2.0 PHEV Santorini Black
Twin speed transfer case judder

Hi all
Just had my sdv8 in for a overpriced service at local dealer and mentioned that I get a judder on slow acceleration pulling away from junctions etc
Head technician managed to replicate the judder and confirmed it needed a double flush and software upgrade to the transfer box
Seems like this is not covered under the approved warranty even though it is a known problem and have issued a TSB (LTB00906) Regarding this
After speaking to the Approved warranty company they won’t accept a claim as they class it as an oil change only and if it’s not mechanical they want nothing to do with it ?
The dealer wants £595 to fix it ??
Needless to say I told them to get stuffed
Local Indy will do it for £179 (double flush and software programming)
Anyone had similar issues with this problem ? Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where,s the f**king ceiling!!

Post #569200 8th Oct 2020 9:12am
charlie croker mk2

England 

With the "special" transfer box oil at around £28 per liter and you need 1.6 L per change then the £179 sounds very good value . I am always dubious about software update in a vehicle that was working fine before . Is the update being used to mask or hide another problem ?

Post #569203 8th Oct 2020 10:18am
aljo

The software update has something to do with the torque values in the transfer box I believe But wouldn’t be surprised if it was to mask something else 😂😂
The symptoms are exactly as the TSB describes so obviously not working as it should and a known problem Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where,s the f**king ceiling!!

Post #569204 8th Oct 2020 10:27am
pherplexed

United States 

aljo – I had the exact same issue and my Indy mechanic performed the TSB for $150 USD (~£115) and the problem went away completely. Super simple job, had the car back within an hour. Highly recommend doing it! 2021 P525 | Eiger Gray

Post #569241 8th Oct 2020 8:06pm
aljo

yeah got it booked in at the local indy for next week Thumbs Up Thumbs Up at less than half the price of the dealers and better customer service
No more main dealers for me now Thumbs Up Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where,s the f**king ceiling!!

Post #569242 8th Oct 2020 8:11pm
Jim_m_kidd

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I had this done two weeks ago, dealer did it under extended warranty!

Post #569279 9th Oct 2020 7:13am
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black
Re: Twin speed transfer case judder

A year or so ago, ours started making thumping/ shuddering noise/ juddering at low speeds and in reverse. Recovered by LR recovery after Technician assessed the issue to be driveshaft related. Diagnosis was Transfer case:
The garage referred to LTB LTB00906v6 and the invoice says they say did a "transfer box double flush and software update as per LTB00906v6 and then retesting". They concluded that remedied the problem. Car was under LR Extended Warranty. No charge applied by main dealer. Problem didn’t recur.

Post #569280 9th Oct 2020 7:28am
aljo

Dealer refused to do it under extended warranty
Warranty company refused as they class it as an oil change/degregation not a mechanical issue
Landrover customer services wouldn’t maker a goodwill gesture
Had a query on service invoice from dealer ! Still waiting for a call back ? Customer service is shocking
If no call back on Monday it will be a call from me demanding to speak to dealer principle
I’ve been a landrover customer for many years and think it’s going to be time to call it a day with this Shambles Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where,s the f**king ceiling!!

Post #569283 9th Oct 2020 8:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1