Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Heres my winter list of things to do......anyone else?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CUE99T

Scotland 
Heres my winter list of things to do......anyone else?

So pretty gutted I wont be going down the G Wagen route for a while now, mostly due to a fair income loss this year but also since I need to either trade and get into something Ive no real desire to buy....or bring my car up to a decent condition that I would be happy to drive around in.

My list is a bit varied but after a good chat with John at Monarch who was really helpful in giving me some advice on what to do now, Ive got a wee list......anyone else doing anything for winter that I should add?

WATER LEAK:
I've had a couple of months with a water leak so just going to get new drains fitted as its making carpet quite wet, so thats next Mondays first job!! Also getting 2 new batteries fitted, and a softare update. We are hoping that corrects the faulty tank readings that the gauge is reading weirdly.

B-PILLAR CORROSION
Ive got a small bit of B-pillar corrosion - really annoyed with JLR that they consider this outside my body waranty and refused the replacement....supposedly as its a replacement part its not covered!! Just sound another excuse not to pay out tbh!

SERVICE
Service needed, and Monarch is £395 vs Taggarts £577 for the exact same parts!! Go figure!!

SHOCKS
Probably need another shocker for the far rear side, all depends if its leaking, but drives fine so might not be needed, but appreciate its good practice so maybe the last item to sort.

CALIPER & CRUISE
Had a bit of a sticky caliper so cruise stopped working [fixed by a mate temporarily], and might need a new Brake Actuator for a rear caliper....JLR was at 1200 for it, so will see if John can fix or replace a bit cheaper.

BRAKES
I need to sort my Brakes juddering, sop new pads at leas....yes I was warned...but like others here decided to buy Brembo with the right part numbers and yes they are crap.....but thats for a different letter to Brembo!! Hardly done 10k and they are needing swapped out, and maybe discs.

BASICS - WIPERS
I've never done it yet, but need to swap Rear Wiper out, and clean the fronts, maybe just do them again too as SAP seems to eat them!!!

WHEELS & TYRES
Not urgent, but want to refurb my wheels and get new tyres or maybe get a double set of 20/21's and slihtly bigger sidewall for any mishaps on country lanes etc, and at the boat yard. Craig has tempted me into 23" territory but not sure if my budget can handle 3 sets of wheels!! lol

Anything else before I shoot myself in the face?? lol all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #569627 12th Oct 2020 2:37pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Wipers - dead easy - for an early L405 - Bosch AR24U, AR20U and basic 17" for the rear - under £40 the lot and 10 mins to fit. For the rear - open the tailgate mid wipe & the blade stops Thumbs Up

Brakes - never deviate from genuine OE Cool

Wheels - even I haven't got 3 sets Shocked What would you do ? All Seasons for spring/autumn ?

Service - MD having a much higher £/hr labour rate shocker Laughing

Post #569655 12th Oct 2020 7:40pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

The annoying thing Alistair....see the brakes ...I called Taggarts and asked for the part numbers, and they gave me the same part numbers on the Brembo site, and my callipers say Brembo.....but they have been utter Censored !!!

I know people say no....but how thats gone wrong is beyond me! all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Last edited by CUE99T on 13th Oct 2020 11:13pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #569657 12th Oct 2020 8:28pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Alistair wrote:

Wheels - even I haven't got 3 sets Shocked What would you do ? All Seasons for spring/autumn ?

20" for Winter use......

22" for Summer use......

23" for Bling use...... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

If I'm gonna keep the car for another 12-24 months then I'd maybe just like some fun!! all smug in my new plug!

2013 Vogue SE - gone
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #569678 13th Oct 2020 10:13am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

Go skiing. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #569691 13th Oct 2020 1:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1