Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > DSC/Emergency Brake Assist/Adaptive Dynamics/HDC Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
FrankRizzo

Germany 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
DSC/Emergency Brake Assist/Adaptive Dynamics/HDC Fault

Started her up this evening and was confronted with all these warnings.

Stability Control Not Available Drive With Care
Emergency Brake Assist Not Available
Adaptive Dynamics Fault
HDC Not Available System Fault

This screenshot has an example.

The graphics overlay on the parking camera was also missing but the parking sensor beeps still work.

I've seen a lot of posts stating that the HDC error often occurs when the car isn't used much or only on short journeys but not so many stating that all the other messages appear, too. That definitely applies to me. From usually doing 60km daily I've hardly used the car since the second lockdown started. 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Santorini Black
2008 Vogue 3.6 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Java Black

Post #574701 30th Nov 2020 10:49pm
4434Morrison

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

I have found the same issues over the past week.

I am currently travelling only 2 miles each way two days a week to and from the office due to lockdown. After the weather turned sub zero here last week I had the habit of having the seat heating for passenger and driver, plus the heated steering wheel on, add to that load the headlights and the heater blower on full for the 15 minute trip to and from the office.

After starting to drive away the Adaptive Dynamics error started showing up. I found that this only happens if the electrics are loaded as described above. If I leave the heated steering wheel and seats off and have the heating blower only running less than half power the fault does not show up.

Purchased a CTEK MXS10, which arrived yesterday and will hook the car up to that, to see if I can eliminate the the fault by ensuring the current battery, which is an old battery, is properly charged. If that doesn't resolve the issue I will be replacing the battery this week as it is several years old.

I have already checked the wiring to the Active Dynamics and found all to be in good order. 2012 4.4 TDV8 Vogue SE Current
2015 E220 with AMG Sport Pack - Currently driven by my son
2010 3.6 TDV8 Vogue - Written off by my son

Post #574719 1st Dec 2020 5:51am
FrankRizzo

Well the dealer called me today to tell me that recharging the battery and clearing the codes didn't solve the problem. Unfortunately the steering angle sensor has failed which, including labour, will cost me €1300 Sad So it's staying with the dealer and I'm having the service done at the same time. 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Santorini Black

Post #575007 3rd Dec 2020 9:36pm
4434Morrison

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

After fully charging my battery overnight I drove the car and the Adaptive Dynamics error did not reoccur.

After having the car valeted inside and out yesterday, with the engine off and the doors open for over an hour, the Adaptive Dynamics error did reappear immediately on the drive home.

Upon returning home I checked the battery and it was low again.

As the battery is several years old I have now ordered a Varta G14 AGM 95ah battery due to be delivered Tuesday Wednesday this week.

I will check the car for error codes and alternator output today using the GAP IIDBT tool to ensure that there are no other identifiable issues. 2012 4.4 TDV8 Vogue SE Current
2015 E220 with AMG Sport Pack - Currently driven by my son
2010 3.6 TDV8 Vogue - Written off by my son

Post #575215 6th Dec 2020 8:15am
Ansi

Switzerland 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Adriatic Blue

FrankRizzo wrote:
Well the dealer called me today to tell me that recharging the battery and clearing the codes didn't solve the problem. Unfortunately the steering angle sensor has failed which, including labour, will cost me €1300 Sad So it's staying with the dealer and I'm having the service done at the same time.

I wouldn't believe the dealer as they are famous for try and error kind repairs. Whistle
Check the wires on the front struts under the bonnet! Brocken wires there cause this fault…at least in most cases.
There is somewhere a thread about this problem and how to repair.

Here is one of the said threads: https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic22949...ve+dynamic

Post #575220 6th Dec 2020 10:36am
rjff

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

ISTR there is also a thread or two about the rear wiring chafing in the area under/adjacent to the access holes for the fuel tank. Under the carpet below the rear seats. I think it came up in a post about the in tank fuel pump connections technical service bulletin, person doing this also found the adapative wiring chafed and caused problems for them.

That fault seems to be less common then the front, and as Ansi says, dealers are notoriuos for replace a part diagnosis. Rolling Eyes Cheers
Richard

(there are no such things as an ordinary FullFat, an ordinary cat or too many tools)
2011 TDV8 Vogue Santorini Black
Gap IIDBT

Post #575228 6th Dec 2020 11:20am
FrankRizzo

Ansi wrote:
Check the wires on the front struts under the bonnet! Brocken wires there cause this fault…at least in most cases.
There is somewhere a thread about this problem and how to repair.

Here is one of the said threads: https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic22949...ve+dynamic

Thanks for the reply. After getting the work done I happened to watch a video on Car Wizard's YouTube channel explaining why AVHC-related work is so expensive on the L322. It explained the who cabin strip down required for the work but also mentioned issues that can result from having this work done caused by mechanics not taking enough care when doing the work. One example of something that can often get damaged is the steering angle sensor while they are stripping out the steering column cover. I wondered if that was the cause of my issue as I had the dealer replace the heater blower a couple of months before. Maybe they weakened it during the strip down somehow Confused 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 automatic (LHD), Santorini Black

Post #585687 28th Feb 2021 5:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1