Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > Buying p400e
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jackcramerr

Buying p400e

I am looking at a p400e. And need some suggestions with getting a good deal.

It is an approved used and the dealer is not reducing anything off the list price. How do you guys get a discounts? It's a 2018. So I am hoping you guys can give me some lines to say to them that will help get a discount. Thanks.

Post #576229 15th Dec 2020 10:31am
JCW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Sumatra Black

Assuming there are others you can consider, being prepared to walk away is your most effective negotiating lever. If they still don’t budge you’ve probably established their bottom line. Timing can help, last few days of the month etc.

Post #576240 15th Dec 2020 11:07am
jackcramerr

Thanks JCW

I had to call them so many times just so they send me a video of the car and they never follow up. As if they are least bothered selling. Maybe they are busy. But so far feels like me walking way will mean I just not get any p400e.

Post #576265 15th Dec 2020 4:35pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

No Jack, that's par for the course with most LR dealers, they invented the word "Complacency"!!

Tell them you're looking at Audi, BMW and Volvo. If that doesn't do the trick. walk away. I have a feeling I know which dealer you're talking about in London. All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #576270 15th Dec 2020 6:36pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 

Hello

I'm surprised they will not knock anything off?

As others have said they (garages) all have monthly targets so end of the month could be good?

If they are not doing a deal on the car will they put anything into the deal? Free next service, discount on extending the warranty?

I don't think there is one car as a family we have bought and never had a 'deal' From Mini's to a Bentley.

Making the deal is the most exciting part for the sales guys (commission), once they have your money your forgotten about as they move to the next suspect... If they are not even interested in this part.....what after sales will you receive?

Are there any other cars in your spec?

If it must be this one, offer what you want to pay give them your number and leave it with them, I would let them know your off to look at other Marques so suggest your going to the Jaguar or Audi showroom to what deals they have.

At the end of the day another car will be along...

good luck Very Happy

Post #576275 15th Dec 2020 7:28pm
Boatmechanic

Sweden 
Re: Buying p400e

jackcramerr wrote:
I am looking at a p400e. And need some suggestions with getting a good deal.

It is an approved used and the dealer is not reducing anything off the list price. How do you guys get a discounts? It's a 2018. So I am hoping you guys can give me some lines to say to them that will help get a discount. Thanks.

Offer a market-based price, and back it up with facts so that the salesperson understands that you know what you are talking about.

Be willing to walk away.

That's how it is done.

Post #576543 18th Dec 2020 5:16pm
Boatmechanic

Sweden 

jackcramerr wrote:
But so far feels like me walking way will mean I just not get any p400e.

If you think like that, you will not be able to negotiate down the price. You have to feel that you can walk away.

The first thing to do, is to widen your universe of potential cars so that you are not so desperate for that particular car.

E.g.,
* The premium for a CPO car is not worth paying, so consider non-CPO cars, too
* The supercharged V8 is a lovely engine, and the extra fuel costs are immaterial compared to the other costs of owning the vehicle, so consider those, too
* An older car with the same mileage, as long as 2015 or later, is as good, so consider those, too

Post #576545 18th Dec 2020 5:24pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

In London, a P400e is going to be an easier sale for a dealer.

Post #576553 18th Dec 2020 6:10pm
dolph34

Ireland 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Couldn't agree with @boatmechanic more, there is always another one , especially in and around London. If not this week then definitely in the next few weeks with trade in , etc. Be prepared to walk away. 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #576564 19th Dec 2020 12:23am
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

London, ULEZ, and a P400e (or supercharged petrol), now why would a dealer have to give any discounts? They can't get enough of them. Besides, it is the cheapest, and only, 18 reg approved used in the whole of the metropolitan area...You'd have to go up north, to get it a little bit cheaper, but the specs aren't as good, and the colour combinations chosen aren't as tasteful (in my opinion naturally).

There will be certain models that are really popular with all these environmental changes. I wouldn't give any discount...well not unless I increased the price first Rolling with laughter

Post #576570 19th Dec 2020 6:36am
CMJ

2015 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Santorini Black

If it’s the right car in the right colour and he right spec. And you want it. Buy it. Do what you can on the price etc but it’s a second hand car so if you don’t compromise on price you may have to on spec etc. How much is too mich ? If it’s 2k over what you want to pay does this really feature when buying such.a car that we all know makes no sense to buy financially. Providing you know you are paying more and come to peace with it. Go for it. 2013 L405 AB 4.4SDV8 Luxor/Ivory, 2007 Vogue TDV8 Epson Green/Sand, 2008 Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue/Sand, 2003 Vogue 4.4 LPG Epsom Green/Sage, 1998 Vogue SE 4.6 LPG Epsom Green/Cream

Post #576579 19th Dec 2020 9:36am
cass

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

I always take stories of huge discounts with a pinch of salt, except with new cars where manufacturers have a reason to shift some stock.
Any headline price reduction quickly disappears by the time you’ve been stiffed on the P/Ex, finance, warranty etc. but we’re all very good at pretending we’ve got a good deal.
If you want to pay less than the going rate the only way is to buy private but that brings its own set of problems.

Post #576582 19th Dec 2020 10:28am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 1 of 1