Home > My Range Rover > Newbie Owner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Lardy2333

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Fuji White
Newbie Owner

Hi All,

Thought I'd stop by and introduce myself. My Name's Mick and shortly before turning 50 I felt the urges of a mid-life crisis coming on. Being what I thought was a sensible chap I shunned the traditional Red 2 seater sports car and instead treated myself to a FFRR, 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography, just shy of 100k on the clock with a reasonable looking service history. 22" Overfinch Alloys all wrapped up in Fuji White bodywork. Looks immaculate (when it's clean!) and is hands down the best car I have driven, in fact I don't remember ever having owned a car where literally everything works on it. Very Happy

Now, I know these beasts have something of a reputation and I'm not averse to getting my hands dirty so I figured when taking the plunge, buy the parts at the right prices from someone reputable and, where possible, do what I can to keep the car on the road myself. I can almost hear the laughter already. Rolling with laughter

Not doing too bad so far, little disappointed to discover a slow puncture on the rear left, and I should really have noticed the wafer thin brake pads on the back end before having to replace rear pads, oh and discs. Now as an early Christmas present I've been treated to a fantastic light display from the instrument panel just prior to the battery dying due to what I assume is a knackered alternator. I've managed to source a replacement for what I thought was a reasonable price now I just need to spend Christmas Day laying under the Censored thing whilst I try and swap over the unit. 2020 really is the year that keeps on giving. Big Cry

In all seriousness, I do love the car and I suspect it'll turn out to be a cracker. I've been making liberal use of a lot of the knowledge shared by you guys (and gals) out there so thanks to all of you for keeping this forum going. I hope I'll be able to contribute to the amassed wealth of knowledge at some point in the future.

Thanks, Mick.

Post #576839 21st Dec 2020 2:36pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Welcome.

If you are tackling the alternator then the Pads and discs will be no issue at all.

They are fantastic cars and worth the skinned knuckles and swearing. There is pretty much no issues which haven’t been encountered and repaired on here so someone is normally happy to offer an opinion.

Get some pics up when you get chance, there arent many white ones about. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #576841 21st Dec 2020 2:40pm
Jayk69

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Barolo Black

Welcome and enjoy i think part of the ownership is fixing and maintaining these cars!!
sounds like you know your way around a set of spanners so have fun and keep us up to date with progress. my xmas treat is to fix oil leak from a pipe at the back of the oil cooler Yawn and hope that it is not the oil cooler it self leaking.

info on the procedure and parts needed were from this site so happy spanning + ,y 11 year old daughter has new pink overalls and a socket set in her xmas wish list so no doubt i will have all the help i need Thumbs Up 2012 Vogue 4.4 TDV8 - Current
2014 Navara V6 - Gone
2004 Vogue TD6 - Gone
Grand Cherokee - Gone
Discovery V8 (LPG) - Gone
Discovery TD5 - Gone

Post #576857 21st Dec 2020 4:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1