Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > help please to clear front seat tensioner SRS alarm. 2002
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
johnboyairey

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey
help please to clear front seat tensioner SRS alarm. 2002

Guys, I been driving my 2002 beast for about 8 years, and now have an SRS airbag issue I can't seem to eradicate. basically it might seem a long winded description, but I can't reset a 'assenger pretensioner' alarm.
2002 v8.. basically.. I had no faults. but my seats were very old and tired.. I changed them out for another set. and at the time, damaged the airbag wiring a tiny bit. the pretensioner cable. I ignored the airbag light, at the time, and later, after I resoldered the wires. the fault should d have gone. (with a reset) Testing all the wiring after reveals no issues with the cabling, neither short, open cct, or earthing etc. I have changed the pre tensioner, for a known good one. and, have even introduced a second drivers side pretensioner airbag light, which I can clear with my tool, and test the spare pretensioner, which when temp fitted to drivers wiring, clears that new alarm. so I have changed the pretensioner, and also the airbag ECU under the console. and still get the 'passenger pre tensioner alarm. if I (with battery off,) test towards the airbag system, the resistance of 2.4k ohms, is same for both sides, (tested reversed also.) so all seems good feeding the the tensioner. im using two handheld tools to clear the alarm, and when you clear the codes, it goes off for a second, then comes back. I've watched a YouTube showing when you reset, you go through a series of long flashes, as it hunts for codes etc. I get the first one! sorry if this is boring, but I have tested all I can, and reset with two different stand alone tools. one a 'c110 Bmw reset tool' using x53 (X5) mode... and a 'b800 ' Ebay SRS reset tool also. both work on a Bmw car, and clear airbag lights. (tested) -I can introduce a second fault,, see it, and clear it...but not this one. I can't drive my car now, as MOT has run out. its a bit bleak now for me, in current lockdown etc. but trying as much self testing at home to get me out of this tight corner. need airbag light off, to stand a chance of an MOT, when possible. pretensioner tests same as old one, and drivers one, 0.5 ohms. I've also tried a seat occupancy bypass widget, in case the alarm is an error.
any tips please Gents. -south London Surrey based.

Post #578841 7th Jan 2021 3:11pm
Pepi

England 
Obd2 code

Did it throw any code at all John? Eddie the eagle watch out 👀

Post #578938 7th Jan 2021 10:29pm
Gsxr1250dave

England 

Shame you cant drive it iv got an iid tool here mite have help and another landy dedicated scan tool.

Sometimes if iv been leaning on my drivers seat to long ie knee on it when I'm cleaning it I get the cars light come on I give the seat a good whack and it clears iv even cleared it with the scan tools and it came back. I also think low battery volts has something todo with it since I change my battery it's not come back on......not sure if this helps but....

Post #578942 7th Jan 2021 11:33pm
johnboyairey

How many miles are you from Chessington area are you gxr1250dave?

Post #578968 8th Jan 2021 12:56pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I had this a while back on a Mercedes, as I understand it although you have measured the resistance and it is the same as the other side this doesn't mean it is correct, it should be different to the other side, that is how it knows which air bag is giving issues, they all have a different resistance...!

Anyway I had to change the loom to sort the issue... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #578986 8th Jan 2021 5:06pm
Gsxr1250dave

England 

johnboyairey wrote:
How many miles are you from Chessington area are you gxr1250dave?

Jnc 4 off the m25 john

Post #578989 8th Jan 2021 6:13pm
johnboyairey

currently working on a work-around. to get the MOT, then I might be in touch GXR1250dave..... when able to drive for non essentials etc, thanks.

Post #579010 8th Jan 2021 10:05pm
Gsxr1250dave

England 

Happy to help Thumbs Up

Post #579011 8th Jan 2021 10:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1