Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Rear Seats - Relocating them forwards. Van Conversion.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
chobsmonster

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue
Rear Seats - Relocating them forwards. Van Conversion.

I've had a good search on here and in a few other places, but can't find anyone who has written about this before!

I'm looking to do a partial van conversion to my 2007 L322, in lieu of buying an actual van. I used mine nearly exclusively for work where I have to transport equipment, and after having my car broken into at the end of last year I need to fabricate a proper bulkhead between the boot area and the rear seats (among other things). l may take out the 40 seat to give my self even more room, but I was mainly looking at the way the rear seats fold up and attach to the car and wondered if it would possible to move them forward between 3-6 inches or so to give myself even more boot space. I suppose my questions are is this even possible, what might be involved in doing it and would there be any safety implications for rear passengers such as seatbelts / air bags etc. Also looking for tips on stripping out the trim in the boot area too. Cheers

Post #579350 11th Jan 2021 7:31pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Your barking up the wrong tree in trying to move the back seats forward I'm afraid... The way they are mounted both base and back wouldn't lend itself to modification in that way sir...
Better to remove them altogether or purchase a D4 commercial? A far more "van shape!" Thumbs Up

Post #579393 12th Jan 2021 1:49am
chobsmonster

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

totally understand. previously owned a d3, there are a few factors why I'm not going back to a disco, chiefly the fact that my current L322 is ULEZ approved. Also disco with the middle row of seats in doesn't really afford you much more space than the RR for the hassle of changing the vehicle! appreciate your comment though!

Post #579426 12th Jan 2021 1:46pm
verydisco

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tangiers Orange

Anything is possible, but you'd have to commission relocation anchors for the seat you'd keep, and not sure who'd be happy to approve them. The door airbag would be slightly off in regard to the (new) passenger position, but it covers the whole door window so would not be an issue. The seatbelt should not be messed with in any way.

As for the trim, here's a video to start with (jump to 2:06), then it is all very straight forward to take it all off, clips and nuts, that's it.

?t=126 l=Oo\________/oO=l l:OolΞΞΞΞΞΞΞloO:l

Current
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L SDV8 - 2013 - Indus Silver, on Almond.
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L V8 - 2002 - ex-2003 G4 Challenge Event Vehicle, Stage 3: Australia
RANGE ROVER HSE 4.4L V8 - 2004 - one-of-one Overfinch
RANGE ROVER P38a 4.0L V8 - 1999 - ex-2000 TReK Event Vehicle: South Africa

Previous:
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L TDV8 - 2012 - RANGE ROVER 3.6L TDV8 x3 - RANGE ROVER Td6 x1 - RANGE ROVER Classic 3.5L V8 x1

Post #579427 12th Jan 2021 2:20pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

The reason I mentioned a D4 was the 5 rear seats fold absolutely flat so are exactly the same as a Disco Van! The RR seats don’t lend themselves to this!
Would an 07 RR be anymore ULEZ compliant than a D4?

For what it’s worth, I’d rather drive any RR over a D3/4 but I’m not the one asking for advice on Van conversions sir 👍

Post #579432 12th Jan 2021 3:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1