Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > O-Ring Sizes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nemesis740

United Kingdom 
O-Ring Sizes

While replacing the gaskets on the Oil Cooler, 2011 l322 4.4 TDV8, I decided to replace the thermostat assembly as well. After getting everything back together and pressure testing the cooling system multiple leaks were present from the quick release connectors. The car is 10 years old now and the o-rings in these connectors had deformed and gone rather hard, hence the leaks. Anyway trying to find the correct sizes for these o-rings was almost impossible. To save someone else the thankless task of sizing these o-rings I thought I'd do a quick post here....

O-Rings, which I have managed to measure from brand new assemblies, are listed as "confirmed". O-rings for which I have sized by measuring old o-rings and making a best guess are listed as "un-confirmed". That being said I have used all the below sizes on my 4.4 TDV8 and the car held pressure for 2 hours and then vacuum for over 1 hour during testing and it has been in use for two weeks with no coolant leaks at all.

2 x Large QR Hoses to the front of the thermostat housing, 45mm id x 4mm cross-section (Confirmed)
Small QR Hose between the two large QR hoses on the front of the thermostat housing, 19mm id x 2mm cross-section (Un-confirmed)
Engine to Thermostat housing, 44mm id x 4mm cross-section (Confirmed)
Thermostat housing lower to upper, 44mm id x 4mm cross-section (Confirmed)
2 x QR Hoses top left of engine, for cabin heat exchangers, 20mm id x 2.5mm cross-section (Confirmed)
Coolant feed right side of oil cooler, Norma NW14 connector, 16.5mm id x 2.5mm cross-section (Confirmed)
Coolant temp sender, 9mm id x 2.5mm cross-section (Confirmed)
Turbo Oil feed rear of oil cooler, 2 x BS611 8.73mm id by 1.78mm cross-section (Un-confirmed but seems to be the size by forum consensus!)

If I manage to get a hold of new assemblies for the "un-confirmed" o-rings I will update the post with the new measurements.

Hope this is of use to other 4.4 TDV8 owners.

Last edited by nemesis740 on 6th Mar 2024 12:58pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #579641 13th Jan 2021 7:41pm
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

Thanks for your post it could be very helpful to someone Thumbs Up

Post #579646 13th Jan 2021 8:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1