Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Fan comes on whenever I unlock doors, open a door etc...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Chris1573

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver
Fan comes on whenever I unlock doors, open a door etc...

Hi all, I have searched this topic and I believed it’s the FBH fan. It comes on for about 90 seconds the then Just turns off...

I dont think the fbh is actually firing up anyway, however when it does is it supposed to come on when you unlock doors etc... L322 2007 TDV8 3.6

Post #582193 3rd Feb 2021 7:32am
Chris1573

OK So I am assuming this is the FBH Issue that has been covered extensively so I remove the board yesterday and its going to go to these guys. http://www.webastorepairs.co.uk/

It was not too difficult to get at and at the same time I tested the fuel pump which is working and pumping fuel.

Hopefully the board issue will sort it. L322 2007 TDV8 3.6

Post #582320 4th Feb 2021 9:04am
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

As far as I'm aware the FBH will only come on once you've started the car (to help get it to temp quicker) or when you press the button on the remote.

Is it the cabin fan, engine fan or fuel burning heater fan you can hear?

David. 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #582336 4th Feb 2021 10:48am
Chris1573

OK so I have been through the FBH experience....

I noticed that the FBH Fan was coming on for around 90 seconds every time I unlocked the car or opened a door or closed a door etc..... but as such it was not actually doing any heating and the timed function on the screen would not make it run, GAP IID reported that there was a fault with the FBH but gives very little to go on. So I purchased this cable https://fnltd.co.uk/shop/diagnostic-kit-fo...w-p78.html

I had to take the battery and battery tray out to get at the top of the webasto unit which also means taking the screws out of the wheel arch trim and mud flap to release the trim so you can get behind it to the 5th nut that holds the battery tray down.

I then plugged in the test loom and downloaded the webasto test software which is FOC here. https://disco3.co.uk/dl/pc_diag_2_14.exe

Plugged it in and ran the test software but it would not connect. So I removed the control board from the top of the webasto unit. (you can do this without removing the FBH unit from the RR).

The Control Board had the issue discussed widely on here and other forums where the board had white globs of soft gum around the two main capacitors that had corroded the resistors beneath. So I sent the board off to these guys. http://www.webastorepairs.co.uk/

Steve sent me back my board with all the resistors and also the capacitors replaced and no white gum on !

I then plugged in the board and this time the Diagnostics connected fine. I was able to test each component and then found that the FBH water pump was not working and showing a fault. So I finally had to remove the FBH from the car which is easy enough.

The water pump looked fine and did actually work but was intermittent so Steve sent me another one to try as they are not serviceable items. Put the new water pump back on and the FBH back into the RR and hooked it all up, now managed to test each component without any fault codes. So then with the FBH plugged back in to the RR. I manually switched on the FBH by shorting out the two wires in the plug that connects to the remote key fob unit at the back (I don't have a key fob) and after a few seconds it all started up and the main interior fan came on and within 15 minutes the interior was toasty.

If anyone has any questions about the FBH feel free to drop me a note... Smile L322 2007 TDV8 3.6

Post #584831 22nd Feb 2021 4:26pm
Ian G

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Epsom Green

Mine does this, I just thought it was normal Very Happy

Post #584883 23rd Feb 2021 4:34am
Chris1573

"Mine does this, I just thought it was normal"

Do you mean the fan coming one everytime you blink Ian ? L322 2007 TDV8 3.6

Post #584917 23rd Feb 2021 10:19am
jm1489

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Mine, gives out a little sigh and electric things click when I open a door... I thought that was normal and the car was just saying "hiya!"?

Post #585203 25th Feb 2021 2:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1