Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Jaguar I Pace
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Print this entire topic · 
archermav

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey
Jaguar I Pace

Anyone got one, driven one etc. Tempted to go down the electric route and this is about the only one I like. On the other hand the Kia E Nero is the only one I can afford.

Post #583120 10th Feb 2021 3:13pm
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

I test drove one in February at Taggarts in Glasgow just prior to lockdown. The BIK was hugely appealing at 0% for 2020-2021, 1% for 2021-2022 and 2% flat rate from 2022. Being able to pay for it before paying income tax was another appealing factor on the salary sacrifice schemes that work were offering.

The one I drove was an HSE. The interior was nicely put together, comfortable and a nice place to be, it drove nicely and was generally a nice car I thought. The one bit of advice the salesman gave me was don't go for the 22" wheels as they massively affect the range.

If you can arrange a test drive, it's definitely worth doing. I was impressed with it but decided there was no point in doing anything over the last 12 months seeing as we can't go anywhere.

David. 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #583123 10th Feb 2021 3:28pm
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

I went from my 12 plate L322 to a 17 Plate BMW i3, never looked back, never will go back to IC engined cars. BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #583133 10th Feb 2021 4:48pm
LT

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

I’ve driven the Kia, a colleague has one along with a Discovery Sport. It’s leased for 3 years, no deposit and approx. £350 a month for 15k miles pa.

It’s pointless to compare it to any FFRR, but I was genuinely impressed by it.

Post #583150 10th Feb 2021 6:18pm
AJGalaxy2012

Nothing can compare to a Rangie, everything else is reliable, doesnt rust, doesnt drink fuel like theres no tomorrow, doesnt leak oil.

Nah, seriously, Rangies are iconic, I'm glad Ive had one, well two in fact but I wont be going back. Nice place to be, comfortable way to travel and a great tow car etc. BMW i3 Electric Car

Post #583168 10th Feb 2021 7:21pm
A1GSS

England 

I've got an iPace. Done 12k miles so far in 14 months despite lockdown....! It's very different to a fattie.

Mine's a loaded HSE on 20" rims. Before you buy an EV you must be ready for the technical challenges of running one, which will vary hugely depending on your use case.

I also have an Audi eTron.

Like AJGalaxy2012, I'll never buy another ICE car. Ask me anything. Graham

____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey

Post #583173 10th Feb 2021 7:34pm
Paul J.

England 

I’ve had mine (First Edition HSE) for almost 2 1/2 years, and have clocked up 31K miles. I went from an L405 and haven’t looked back since. I’ve also got an i3s, such is the draw of EVs - as others have said, there’s no going back to ICE.

Thumbs Up

(Oh, and I have an electric bike too Rolling with laughter ) Gone D3
Gone FFRR L322
Gone FFRR L405
Now on the JLR electric highway ....

Post #583181 10th Feb 2021 9:13pm
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I've test driven a few, put a deposit down on one how we liked it. And on the way to finalise the deal and pay the balance I felt sick and turned around. I wasn't actually happy paying £79K for what is effectively a £45K vehicle in my mind. I was taken in by how it drives and looks, but it is just not value for money in my opinion. The performance is not that mind blowing either, the sales were bigging it up but I guess it is whatever someone is already used to.

The premium for it, and the lack of access to fast chargers is what made me see my senses. I think there were only two fast charging stations for it. I was also looking at how to drive it to the Netherlands, and Tesla got superchargers at the Eurotunnel business class lounge, with the iPace you'd have to wait at the motorway services with a slow charger.

If all one does is go around the house then fine, but then it is stupidly expensive for what you get. LOL And so I ended up with a second hand FFRR 5.0SC instead for 1/8th of the cost. I can buy a lot of fuel for that Laughing

Post #583193 10th Feb 2021 11:25pm
AJGalaxy2012

Interesting take on the value for money when expressed by a Range Rover owner Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter The Rangie must be almost top of the list for being an over priced sub standard vehicle. BMW i3 Electric Car

Post #583197 11th Feb 2021 7:15am
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Quote:
The Rangie must be almost top of the list for being an over priced sub standard vehicle.

Guessing you mean new AJG because a late 322 in 2020 is IMO the best value-for-money car you could possibly imagine.

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Last edited by GGDR on 11th Feb 2021 7:34am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #583199 11th Feb 2021 7:33am
Bl4ckD0g

Depends on how you look at it. For starters the iPace is dwarfed by a FFRR, size wise it doesn't even compete. It is more like Mercedes GLC or Audi Q5 territory, or F-Pace not even Range Rover Sport in my opinion.

And then there is the experience; again I think it is a great car when one moves from say the Q5, X3, GLC diesels and one will be mighty impressed by the power and the options available. However I think, like Tesla, at the cost of these cars they play in a different segment and other than the power delivery they simply aren't comparable.

There is a lot to like about them, as I said I liked it so much that I had several test drives and placed a deposit. But it also has serious flaws, size/cost being one. And the lack of a good fast charging network is another.

Post #583200 11th Feb 2021 7:34am
Bl4ckD0g

GGDR wrote:
Quote:
The Rangie must be almost top of the list for being an over priced sub standard vehicle.

Guessing you mean new AJG because a late 322 in 2020 is IMO the best value-for-money car you could possibly imagine.

Oh gosh yes, it was so good that despite me looking for new I thought I'd be stupid not to. And scratch that final V8 super charged itch before we all have to go electric. I want more electric vehicle choice, Tesla finally is sorting out their styling and accepting crypto Cool and Porsche is doing some very interesting stuff with the Taycan.

I'm sure anyone with an iPace will enjoy it, well charger compatibility and lack of fast chargers aside it is a great little car to drive but facing stiff competition.

Post #583202 11th Feb 2021 7:39am
dennij

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

Once the environmentalists feel that they have won the war on fossil fuels (as they see it) they will be coming after the EV drivers, the so called green solution that is being pushed at the moment will be shown to be destructive to the earth through mining and production along with an inability to recycle. We had a similar situation in the past where petrol was demonised and we were all sold the diesel alternative. Once the percentage of diesels became high enough, it became demonised too and we were then told that diesel is bad and we should avoid using it so petrol vehicles started to become popular. Now it's all about EV, give it time and this will become the next mode of transport that is deemed bad for us all. I also find it interesting that some EV owners like to patronise those of still using IC engined vehicles, just as the early adopters to diesel did all those years ago. History always seems to repeat itself.

I was interested to read that oil companies are still investing in exploration and extraction that will take them well past 2030, maybe they know something we don't? 2011 TDV8 Vogue SE

Post #583205 11th Feb 2021 7:48am
Martin2

England 

I've got enough colleagues with electric cars now to know the infrastructure isn't anywhere near good enough for me to run anything other than a Tesla and they don't make financial sense as a private purchase. My iPace driving colleagues do like the car, but they hate having to travel anywhere more than 100miles away from home and have regular issues with non functioning charing points and slow charging. It's very different with the Tesla Superchargers, the latest superchargers can add over 100 miles in 10 mins and I know someone who's done 9,000 miles in his model 3 performance in just under 5 months and he's only had to use a public charger once.

But I'd need the Model X for space and it's just too ugly and the quality isn't anywhere near good enough for the price.

If you can get a cheap lease deal on in iPace and don't do a lot of miles then it makes sense, but it's not a £70k+ car in my opinion. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #583210 11th Feb 2021 8:08am
Bl4ckD0g

Unsurprisingly Smile I totally agree with you Martin2 on all point including the Model X looks 🤣

Post #583215 11th Feb 2021 9:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>