Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Sold my P38, now in an L322
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
WellDrivenJames

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue
Sold my P38, now in an L322

After a year of owning my P38 DSE I recently decided it just wasn't getting the love and attention it needed so after striking a deal I said goodbye to it a few weeks ago and then yesterday I picked up its replacement and my new daily driver. A beautifully well maintained 2004 Vogue Td6. It was previously owned by a classic restorer/mechanic friend of mine and he's kept everything for it and also looked after it so well.

It's also in what I consider a perfect spec - dark blue (not sure on the LR paint code/name) with cream leather and blue piping.

The car drives beautifully and has all the receipts showing gearbox work etc, however, on the drive home the glove box decided to not close properly. I've ordered a replacement one but am not sure how to keep it shut in the meantime, so if anyone has a fix, that would be greatly appreciated!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #583335 12th Feb 2021 10:20am
bostonvert

Belgium 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Oslo Blue

She looks great!

How big is the difference between this and the p38? Was very tempted to get one instead of my td6 as they seem to look better every time I see one!

Enjoyt it

Post #584135 17th Feb 2021 12:44pm
WellDrivenJames

Thanks!

I have found it both very similar and completely different if that makes sense! Laughing

My P38 was tired and had a hard life whereas this has been pampered its whole life so the general condition is night and day - it's amazing having a car again where all the buttons actually work.

Drive wise, yet again I've gone for the underpowered and slower model, and the overall feel is very similar but the leap in quality from the P38 to the L322 is huge. Motorway speeds are much quieter (and more achievable) now.

I do miss the P38 a lot, if it was a cleaner and more original one I probably would have kept it. Both are very handsome and great cars in my opinion.

Post #584137 17th Feb 2021 12:50pm
Billie

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Looks like Buckingham Blue code 796, it will tell you on the vin plate.
We went from a 1995 P38 HSE to the L322 4.2 supercharged.
We also loved our P38 but the quickness of the 322 is excellent. Everything worked on the P38 apart from the heated drivers seat Rolling Eyes Have to admit the 322 is a better, bigger car and a pleasure to drive. Lots on there that we will never use like the rear screens, DVD player and so on. We also find it easier to vacate and enter. enjoy

Post #584145 17th Feb 2021 1:14pm
WellDrivenJames

I had the same driver's seat issue with the heating not working. It was a lovely car to drive around where I live in (the middle of nowhere) but the L322 is so much nicer on the longer drives. The only bit that I really prefer from the P38 is the boot - Everything else in the L322 feels bigger, but the boot is definitely smaller. I have a dog that usually travels in her crate and it doesn't fit in the L322 as well. A small price to pay for an all-round better car though.

Post #584158 17th Feb 2021 2:12pm
WellDrivenJames

Billie wrote:
Looks like Buckingham Blue code 796, it will tell you on the vin plate.

Just had a look and it's actually Adriatic Blue (under all the filth) It's a lovely colour that almost black in some pictures.

Post #584173 17th Feb 2021 4:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1