Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Mr Tee

Scotland 

hahaha would have been a baaaad move going ahead . Whistle Mr. Green

Post #585774 1st Mar 2021 9:43am
Merchy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Showed this thread to a mate, his missus just said 'if he is not single, he will be soon' Close shave there Chris Thumbs Up

Post #585777 1st Mar 2021 10:10am
Fox889

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

From Coparts website:Run and Drive

'R' Run and Drive At the time the vehicle arrived at Copart’s location, Copart verified that the vehicle started, could be put into gear and was capable of moving forward under its own power. There is no guarantee, representation or warranty that the vehicle is in roadworthy condition or can be driven lawfully upon the highways in any state or country. There is no guarantee that the vehicle will start, drive, or move forward under its own power at the time the vehicle is picked up at Copart’s location or when it is delivered to a Copart Member. It is the Members sole responsibility to ascertain, confirm, research, inspect and/or investigate the vehicle prior to bidding o n it. Once the vehicle is removed from Copart premises the Members accepts the vehicle “as is”.

Happy to be proved wrong again [i make a habit of this!].
Me thinks you were lucky to hand it back to be honest, that'll teach ya! Laughing Laughing 2012 Orkney Grey Westminster 4.4TDV8 with Ivory interior.........nice!
BMW R1200GS
Alfa Romeo Giulietta
Just one Montesa now, 349 White Wonder
Austin A40 Farina MK2
1975 Morris Marina 1.8TC

Post #585781 1st Mar 2021 10:32am
Chris1573

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Hi Fox889,

Yeah I saw the same hence my confusion...

Apparently if the vehicle is a runner then they put that in the description. (it was not on the description in this case). However the letters on the windscreen pics do not apparently relate to this. Confused

Either way. I am quite happy to be walking away from this relatively unscathed. L322 2007 TDV8 3.6

Post #585832 1st Mar 2021 4:47pm
Chris1573

Hi Fox889,

Yeah I saw the same hence my confusion...

Apparently if the vehicle is a runner then they put that in the description. (it was not on the description in this case). However the letters on the windscreen pics do not apparently relate to this. Confused

Either way. I am quite happy to be walking away from this relatively unscathed. L322 2007 TDV8 3.6

Post #585833 1st Mar 2021 4:50pm
MikeO

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I confess to being a little bit disappointed Chris that, newly armed with 'my' IID Tool, you weren't game to take it on Very Happy 2016 Skoda Octavia VRS Estate
<gone>2009 FF Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue</gone>
<gone>2015 BMW 520D SE (not my favourite car)</gone>
<gone>2009 D3 HSE Galway Green</gone>

Post #585876 1st Mar 2021 11:21pm
Chris1573

I think it would have taken a bit more than the IID to work through the problems on this one Mike... L322 2007 TDV8 3.6

Post #585877 1st Mar 2021 11:23pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

There’s a guy on a Porsche forum, bought a flood damaged panamera . Bought the full on garage diagnostics, went through every control module, now has a runner . Takes big balls for a project like that.

Post #585886 2nd Mar 2021 7:45am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Just post this here in case someone else drinks some wine and buys a flooded fatty....

My first 322, Fatty Offroader drowned in a river in Wales, (before I made the snorkel) water up to the bottom of the seat bases... Towed out, air filter off and dried out and she started again and we drove 220miles home with all sorts of spurious things happening including all sorts of flashing lights...

Took the interior out and all the electronics I could find, flushed them all with deionized water and dried them in the airing cupboard for a week, put it all back together and everything worked bar the radio module which had signs of corrosion so was not tip top anyway...

Changed all oils and all were fine with no emulsification

Starter motor died a few months later, it is sealed from the outside but can fill with water once it gets into the bellhousing which is not sealed like earlier Land Rovers, there is no wading plug...

The suspension compressor started when it was under water and pumped water into the system. I got this out by evacuating the system numerous times and changing the dryer substrate frequently...

I had it for some years afterwards and there were no other long term problems...

The one the OP bought (nearly) is an unknown though, mine died in a crystal clear Welsh river who knows what happened to the above one......

After interior removal, I put a dehumidifier in there for a week, it got over 10ltrs out...!!!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #585911 2nd Mar 2021 10:27am
Chris1573

I'm glad you did not post this a few days ago Haylands I would probably have stuck with it... good effort though. What dehumidifier did you use to get all that water out ? L322 2007 TDV8 3.6

Post #586071 3rd Mar 2021 5:53pm
Bean19844

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

If you've got the spare time why not try and locate the previous owner and ask them how deep was the water they went through. Copart ain't all that great at being honest with their vehicles. I picked up a ducato van drop side that was a runner.

They neglected too add in it didn't have a flipping rear axle tho

Post #586074 3rd Mar 2021 6:04pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Chris1573 wrote:
What dehumidifier did you use to get all that water out ?

Just a standard home one, bought it years ago for the garage...

If it's clean water and you get to it quick it's not too bad, there was a lot of mud in the pictures and dirty water will damage far more, could have been sat for months rotting things as well... much better to walk away.... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #586099 3rd Mar 2021 7:09pm
Chris1573

Thanks Haylands. Yep I agree !. L322 2007 TDV8 3.6

Post #586101 3rd Mar 2021 7:15pm
Danwilderspin

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Haylands wrote:
Just post this here in case someone else drinks some wine and buys a flooded fatty....

My first 322, Fatty Offroader drowned in a river in Wales, (before I made the snorkel) water up to the bottom of the seat bases... Towed out, air filter off and dried out and she started again and we drove 220miles home with all sorts of spurious things happening including all sorts of flashing lights...

Took the interior out and all the electronics I could find, flushed them all with deionized water and dried them in the airing cupboard for a week, put it all back together and everything worked bar the radio module which had signs of corrosion so was not tip top anyway...

Changed all oils and all were fine with no emulsification

Starter motor died a few months later, it is sealed from the outside but can fill with water once it gets into the bellhousing which is not sealed like earlier Land Rovers, there is no wading plug...

The suspension compressor started when it was under water and pumped water into the system. I got this out by evacuating the system numerous times and changing the dryer substrate frequently...

I had it for some years afterwards and there were no other long term problems...

The one the OP bought (nearly) is an unknown though, mine died in a crystal clear Welsh river who knows what happened to the above one......

After interior removal, I put a dehumidifier in there for a week, it got over 10ltrs out...!!!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Hi Haylands - how did you get the carpet out? I’ve got seats and Center console out but it seems to wrap around the back of the middle of the dash where the climate units are - I’m struggling here? Current stable:
2006 BMW M6
2007 4.2 V8 S/C FF
Gone:
2002 4.4 V8 FF

Post #626091 13th Mar 2022 6:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12