Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > Navigation initializing and right rear screen not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Bora20

Canada 2013 Range Rover 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black
Navigation initializing and right rear screen not working

Bought a new to me 2013 Range Rover Supercharged last week. Two issues persist.

I installed a new main battery to set a baseline. There is not secondary battery. I have not reset the Battery Monitoring System as my ICarsoft LR2.0 arrives tomorrow. My Gap IIDTool won’t work to replace the battery.

1. Navigation screen sits at ‘navigation initializing’ for quite some time. Usually after 15 minutes it catches up and starts to work. If I shut the truck down for a minute or two it the nav works right away. If I shut it down for longer, the nav initialized again. I pulled out the head units and blew out all the connections. Seems like a head unit internal battery isn’t maintaining a charge.

2. The right rear headrest monitor doesn’t not turn on. I swapped it with the left headrest and the problem stayed with the right side. I swapped the headrest harness from the headrest to the floor connections. The problem stayed with the right side. The problem is between the right seat and the head unit. I pulled out the head units and blew out all the connections. I have not pulled the truck apart to trace the right seat connections to the head unit.

These are the errors I get. I can clear them and only the ATCM error persists. The others come back if I turn the truck off.

The right rear screen still won’t work and the nav initializing continues. I have not tried the rear headrest screen once the nav initializing stops and the nav starts to work.

The ECU updates shown are plentiful, but these are the two I believe are related to my issues and that may require updating. I am going to send to Gap to see what might be next.

Any ideas?

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #586538 6th Mar 2021 11:19pm
Bora20

I swapped the rear screen connections at the RSE ECU and he problem moved to the left side. Looks like I need a new RSE ECU. Lithuanian EBay to the rescue. I hope it works when it arrives.

Post #587969 19th Mar 2021 4:38am
Bora20

Issue #1 with my navigation screen was resolved by a dealer software update. This problem is known and there is a technical bulletin.

I also updated the maps with the software from the HERE Navigation site. This took almost 3 hours to complete.

Still waiting on delivery of the used video control module from Lithuania. It is on a slow boat.

Post #589469 29th Mar 2021 4:54pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

thats partly good news , keep us updated.. Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #589470 29th Mar 2021 5:05pm
Bora20

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Tell me your cheap without telling me your cheap....I will go first.
Price at the dealer for a new rear seat entertainment video control module: $1,596 plus labour and tax.
Price for a used one from eBay Lithuania: $112 shipped and an hour of my time.
Works like a charm! The rear screens show LAND ROVER on startup instead of RANGE ROVER. I can live with that for almost $2,000 in savings.
The entire back of the SUV has to be pulled apart. The engineer that designed the mounting location should have made the mounting stud 3mm shorter and moved a plastic brace for the rear HVAC. These actions would have enabled module removal in five minutes. At least Land Rover provides great instructions!
#ifyouarenthandsomebehandy #cheap #diy #l405 #rangerover #landrover #rearseatentertainment #rse #matilda #supercharged #superchargedv8
Land Rover Canada Land Rover Kelowna

Post #589791 1st Apr 2021 2:57am
Bisto36

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Santorini Black

Hi , really interested in your post I have the exact same problem with my 2014 Autobiography , and the same codes stored , did the new RSE just plug in and work ? Was there any programming to do ? Think I might order an RSE for mine as it seems you have done the diag for me !

Post #687799 11th Mar 2024 2:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1