Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > Paint bubbling Corrosion Rust - L405 weak spots?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black
Paint bubbling Corrosion Rust - L405 weak spots?

Thought I saw some bubbling tonight on a rear quarter panel where the lower black gloss horizontal window trim meets the rear wing. It wasn’t, thankfully. Got me thinking though, are there prone/ susceptible areas on the L405 to keep an eye on (now that they’ve been around for a few years)?

Post #588771 24th Mar 2021 7:31pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Mine has had bolts just behind the headlight units replaced under warranty due to galvanic corrosion, manifested by white furring on the bolts, and there is a bolt under the flap between the lower tailgate and the boot area that is badly rusted and to be replaced under warranty. The dealer said they had done quite a few sets of bolts behind the lights, and they treated them with some Dinitrol type wax to reduce the risk of recurrence. There is quite a lot of work in replacing the bolts behind the lights as the bumper needs to come off (maybe later models only, apparently the design was modified as "indoor gardening" enthusiasts found the light units and associated fans ideal for their purposes and were stealing them).

Some of my rear parking sensors have the paint/coating corroding off and are giving false positive signals.

Underneath there are subframes that can corrode (a bit of surface rust on mine, not too bad I thought), and of course brake lines. No comment on mine at the recent MOT.

There is a recently revived thread about galvanic corrosion leading to failure of front suspension knuckles. I asked the dealer if they had ever encountered that and was told they had not. It is interesting to see that the new Defender has much heavier duty knuckles, despite being lighter, maybe LR learning from this. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #588781 24th Mar 2021 8:11pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Ive got a spot on my B pillar and apparently its not covered as its a replaceable part!! Go figure! all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #588830 25th Mar 2021 8:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1