Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Foxwell NT530
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Dode4444

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Java Black
Foxwell NT530

Hi all,

I realise the GAP IID tool seems to be the number 1 for diagnostics.
However I’m a weekend warrior at best and just need a decent fault reader and scanner.

I would like to calibrate my own suspension after changing a bag etc and also currently have a possible O2 sensor issue.

Could someone please confirm the foxwell does indeed allow me to calibrate suspension and clear any suspension faults?
And also confirm if it will give me live O2 sensor and fuel trim readings etc please?

I have searched but some info is conflicting.

Thanks. 2005 (55) Range Rover 4.2 Supercharged Vogue SE Java Black

Post #590393 6th Apr 2021 4:58am
Ianb4310

United Kingdom 

I’ve seen posts where people are recommending the nt530 for this very reason but I have now seen information where this feature has been removed from the new nt530 !! It’s probably best to contact foxwell directly

Post #590396 6th Apr 2021 7:18am
Bl4ckD0g

Netherlands 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

It is not a headline feature of that device, if it was they would let you know as it would be super cheap to do that on multiple cars....

The problem is that you'd need to program values and not just read codes. Such things only tend to be in two way programmer devices and most reader are there to just reset codes or trigger an inbuilt function without programming.

If you don't want to spend the money then I suggest you'd save the money and don't get a limited used device like this. You may as well go even cheaper then and get a phone based obdii reader...

Post #590397 6th Apr 2021 7:26am
Kot

United Kingdom 

The cheap bluetooth units are good enough for what I need at the moment for £45 you cant complain. Delivery was about 1 week though. Worth getting just to open your world to the dark side lol

https://www.autelstore.co.uk/wholesale/aut...anner.html

Plenty of reviews on Utub 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #590412 6th Apr 2021 9:42am
Bl4ckD0g

Hehehe I love how you say opening your world to the dark side 🤣 It is how it all started for me. And before you know it you’ll end up with an Autel 808 or something like that 🤣

Post #590427 6th Apr 2021 12:38pm
Kot

United Kingdom 

Yes Bl4ckD0g
he he ----I only bought it last week and I was exited clearing all the faults lol how clever I am lol

For me, something like this cheap and cheerful, that lets me change brake discs with the EPB function, batteries, oil service resets etc etc it is ideal.

But then there was the dreaded fault that wouldn't clear Big Cry U2300-54 OMG what could it be (as the blood drained from my face)
So on to this site for a search and onto Goggle Yawn

Found a Topix SSM72877
After completing any modification to the Car Configuration File (CCF) on the vehicles mentioned in this SSM either of the two issues below can occur:
• The Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) U2300-62 or U2300-54 is stored in the Body Control Module (BCM).
• The CCF loaded into the BCM contains four critical mismatches related to the CCF assemblies for different modules.
Cause:
The two CCFs created for the BCM and Gateway Module (GWM) have different start and stop addresses, therefore the checksum of both files are different, which causes the DTCs to be logged in the BCM.
The four critical mismatches are currently being investigated, however they do not affect vehicle performance.

Action:
No action is required just ignore it, lol so I have, but of course this will lurk about in the back of my mind.
Honest --I do intend to seek clarification of this fault next time its near a dealer
Maybe one of you have the same event and can enlighten me--lol

Sorry for hijacking the thread a little here, but its an example of what to expect once you start to dabble in the Dark Side Bow down

I guess sometimes its best not to know whats lurking in the Dark side Rolling with laughter
This could be a great topic for a new thread Twisted Evil 2018 SE SDV8 4.4 Byron Blue

Post #590452 6th Apr 2021 2:22pm
D3Jon

United Kingdom 

I own a few diagnostic readers for LR's including a Nanocom (mainly for TD5's), Britpart Lynx for the L322 (old but still brilliant, but won't do suspension calibration), the much discussed and recommended GAP BT IID as well as a Foxwell NT510 which I bought out of curiosity (plus I have Vauxhall / Opel software on that one in addition to LR).

The Foxwell 530 you're asking about is basically a faster version of the older 510, the 530 will also work with a few extra manufacturers (like Mercedes & Renault for example).

I've been very impressed with the Foxwell 510 on my L322, it can do a lot of stuff, is nice to use and Foxwell are regarded as pretty good with their aftersales support.

BUT... I've been unable to use the Foxwell NT510 for suspension height calibration on my 2011 TDV8 when I tried it a couple of times. Even though the option is there in the menu and the process starts, on my car, it throws an error saying "failed to open/close front cross link valve". This might be specific to my car, I've never tried the Foxwell on my older L322 (2002) or tried calibrating the newer car with my GAP IID (yet) as it doesn't actually need doing! All other functions, such as inflate, deflate as well as live readings work great on the Foxwell 510.

I would still recommend the 530 (or new 510 elite, which is basically exactly the same in terms of functionality), if you want to access the majority of functions for less than £150. It won't amend CCF files and the like, and you may just want to double check with Foxwell if it'll do suspension height calibration.

Good comparison of 530, 510 elite and the (older) 510 here:

https://www.foxwelltool.com/service/foxwel...nt510.html

Jon 1992 RR Classic 3.9 efi Vogue
===================
Both my fatties now gone...
Previous: 2011 L322 4.4 TDV8 Vogue SE /// 2002 L322 4.4 V8 HSE /// 2009 Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 XS /// 2004 Defender 90 TD5 /// 1993 110 V8 Snatch Landrover /// 2005 Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 SE (Aus) /// 1990 110 Isuzu 3.9 County (Aus) /// 1976 Series III Trayback (Aus)

Post #590458 6th Apr 2021 3:03pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
Re: Foxwell NT530

Dode4444 wrote:
I would like to calibrate my own suspension after changing a bag

You don't need to calibrate anything if you change a bag, the height sensor is separate and will trigger filling of the new bag to the same height...

You only need to calibrate if it doesn't sit level at the correct height... Thumbs Up Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #590463 6th Apr 2021 3:35pm
Dode4444

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

Thanks for all the replies so far folks and thanks for clearing up I don’t need to calibrate after a bag change etc 👍🏻

This is why I enjoy this forum, lots of experience and different opinions. 2005 (55) Range Rover 4.2 Supercharged Vogue SE Java Black

Post #590484 6th Apr 2021 5:45pm
kds2

England 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Bit late to the party with this but I have the Foxwell nt 530 and it does list suspension calibration and it seems simple enough to do just read the instructions engine running dont open the doors hit ok and car will raise measure bottom of wheel rim to arch enter measurements into box for each corner hit ok job done but when car raises up it might be front up back down, left side up right not move, you name the combination and chances are it will do it (not on my own with this others have found the same). I now use BMW INPA software and lead (free download for software) along with one or two other people I know of, it works well the only down side if you would call it a down side is working out which buttons to press to get to calibration mode, mine is 2004 model L322.

Post #591259 14th Apr 2021 9:47pm
Bl4ckD0g

Bottom of wheel rim?? Are you sure? Then how does the NT530 know what size rims are on it?

Post #591263 14th Apr 2021 10:18pm
jambo27

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

In theory it shouldn't matter what size rims are on or even where you measure from as long you measure from the same two points on each wheel - ground to centre cap, centre cap to wheel arch etc. Once you have all 4 measurements you pick one (x) and alter the three to match it so you need to +/- from each figure to match x and then visually check how level the car looks and repeat making fine adjustments until your OCD is satisfied 😀 2008 TDV8

Post #591303 15th Apr 2021 2:02pm
Bl4ckD0g

I’d love to know what the measurement ground to centre cap will provide as a reference point unless changing the circumference of the wheel and tyres. Perhaps I’m missing something that is obvious to others.

I agree about the theoretical point of measurement from ground to say wheel arch or centre cap to wheel arch in the context of doing them all the same. Sure that is correct. But that doesn’t provide stock alignment to specifications.

Post #591305 15th Apr 2021 2:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1